Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many Breakable/Repairable lights is good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many Breakable/Repairable lights is good?

During my updating I am converting some lights over to the new Repairable objects (Thanks The_Dan). To explain what these are I'll give you a brief lesson..
    Repairable object can be broken by Thief or Guard (in my map) and repaired using the repair tools. I am using this repairable object for my lights. So far just the wall lamps..but thinking of going all out realism and converting all the lights to repairable/breakable objects.
    I am at odds as to how many to convert.
    What do you think?
    All..more realistic
    0%
    Only small lamps IE wall/desk lamps
    0%
    None I like it bright as day.
    0%

I am going to stop trying to fix my post..everytime I do..It adds the poll choices again..No clue how to remove them. Please only vote using the top one for each group. Thank you

Comment

I prefer not all. Some breakable/repairable, some not, in appropriate places.
      ...and all is silent, save the voice of the clock...

Comment

As always, realism should take a back seat to gameplay. Make as many lights breakable/repairable as will enhance the play of the map.

Comment

which is not all, I say only small lamps.

I had this idea for my own map, but it seems the threpairableobject doesn't want to work, even when I follow hte manual.

and it doesn't matter which one you post your vote in, it's always on the top one since it's the same category, just rrepeated (i voted the third small lamps only one)
          "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Well, stylistically in the Thievery universe, the current lamps and lights look as if they might be difficult to break. So if you were going to make breakable ones, I'd advise making new meshes which look a little more fragile, and maybe even including a note in game so that the player knows about it.
            Red Guard
            Thievery UT

Comment

The desktop lamps look rather fragil... and they break if you hit em.

Comment

Originally posted by oRGy
                ...I'd advise making new meshes which look a little more fragile...
                Yes, for continuity's sake.

No, not that continuity.

Comment

Well, we have already been playing around with a breakable wall light in his latest update. Shaping up nicely.

Comment

You could make some lights could have casings with clear, thin glass, while others could have thick glass with metal ornamentation. The thin glass would break, the thick would prevail.

Oh, and a thought:
                    Some of the outside lights could be torches in glass casings, so that one has to break the glass before one can douse the torch.
                    ]V[]V[

Comment

Working...
                    X