New up an' coming!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New up an' coming!!!

Okay folks, check out my screenies just for fun! Please tell me what you all think. don't be mean now, I have a sensitive heart. But I do need a boost of enthusiasm to keep me goin... Oh frig just say whatever ya's want....

Here
    ...and all is silent, save the voice of the clock...

i think it looks cool....but i'm still trying to figure out what where those weird thigns i saw in the other screenshots...like that square triabgle thingy and all O_O
    http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
    -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
    -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
    -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

DP wrote:
      but i'm still trying to figure out what where those weird thigns i saw in the other screenshots...like that square triabgle thingy and all O_O
      .....ahh, but that's a secret....

...an ancient secret. :wink:

Comment

looks good gj
        Some Skulls are born to be heroes

Comment

Wow.
          JM

Comment

Keep up the good work.

Comment

dont be mean? whats to be mean about? the screens look really really nice, cant wait to play that one
              "Shivers running down my spine,
              whos blood? I know its mine.
              -I am The Hunted"

GBH

Comment

Sick.

Can I test it?
                The only constant is change.
                (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Thanks all!
                  Um...I'm hoping, if all goes well, to have it out before the end of summer.

One interesting change I hope to implement will be getting the guards off their butts and getting them involved more - I hope to make the guards more motivated to chase down thieves with certain items and return those items to a designated spot - but only after the thieves have stolen them, (as they will not be able to have access to them beforehand; so here's the rub: the guards will want the thieves to steal certain things first as this will create more possible winning circumstances for the guard team.). I like the idea of guards running from thieves to get stolen items to a specific spot, and then, like in rugby/football the thieves must steal back what was taken from them. This, I hope, will give the guards more motivation to hunt during the game rather than sit around waiting for thieves to show up, creating a choke point. So big points for killing all the thieves before they steal anything, medium points for stealing items from thieves, big points again for getting stolen items away from thieves and back to a designated spot.
                  I'm doing my damndest to avoid all bottlenecks that favour any one team from winning, but only testing will tell. I really want this to be playable and replayable more than anything. :wink:
                  We'll see.
                  I've tried a few different systems of AI and have decided to leave them till the end. 90% of building is done, but only maybe 10% of lighting (I've changed that alot too) Sound is pretty much complete, I'll be tweaking everything here and there as time goes on anyway. Working on gameplay logistics right now - loot, scoring, win circumstances, etc.

Comment

Its looking great

One question, all those "wooden" surfaces..... Do arrows/bolts stick in every single piece around the level?
                    How TuF are you?
                    League of Legends
                    Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

great idea for gameplay with the guards, Id like to see how that turns out

if you need more betatesters Id be happy to do it, I know a little bit about mapping, so I understand what you put in and what you dont
                      "Shivers running down my spine,
                      whos blood? I know its mine.
                      -I am The Hunted"

GBH

Comment

Aggememnon wrote:
                        One question, all those "wooden" surfaces..... Do arrows/bolts stick in every single piece around the level?
                        erm...I'd have to say 70 to 80% of wood is arrow and vine friendly. But some isn't. I was getting tired of seeing the same wood textures, so I wanted variety. For sure, anything that you would need to be 'arrow friendly', will be. If there's a way I can make those textures 'arrow friendly' as well, I'll look into it. :wink:

Comment

That tall-ass pillar reminds me of Constantine's Mansion.

I hated ghosting that map.

Well, it looks like a cool map. When is the test version going to be out? Do you have anyone selected to test it? If not, I'd be happy to play with it and tell you what I can.
                          Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                          "Dream is Destiny"
                          Waking Life

Comment

Sounds good
                            How TuF are you?
                            League of Legends
                            Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

Curunir wrote:
                              That tall-ass pillar reminds me of Constantine's Mansion.
                              I hated ghosting that map.
                              No, I'm afraid Constantine has nothing to do with this map.:grin: Because this is my first attempt at doing any kind of game map, there are going to be many flaws in the beta release I'm sure. Already I'm well aware of problems with AI. Single player mode will not be a great challenge (but to many it never was anyway) as my AI will be restricted to certain areas, but don't worry, as a player guard you'll be able to go anywhere. I'm focusing on multiplayer aspects mostly. Ghosting, like with all the maps, will be possible, but very difficult in spots and very easy in others. I'm racking my brains to find ways to force teamwork/cooperation in this - so, needless to say, if there's just 2 people playing its going to be....tough cause you don't have anyone to rely on (so you'll be doin it all yourself) and easy cause your alone and it'll be difficult for only one or two opponents to find you.

As for testing, I'll be in touch with LR when the time is ripe: he knows a pro-team of testers that r good with this kind of stuff. :wink:

Comment

Working...
                              X