Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I step down as an Admin of the forum?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I step down as an Admin of the forum?

It has been brought to my attention on another forum, by an individual or individuals (who I will not name), that I am not fit to moderate this forum.

I have been accused of not caring about the forums, the servers, or the game itself.

I have been accused of not caring about any of the users on this forum.

It has also been stated that I command no respect on this forum, and that no one listens to me other than for the fact that I will lash out at them and delete/edit/close their threads if I don't like them.

It has been stated that my priorities are wrong, and my forum rules are confusing and not well establish, and do not give an indicator of what the rules actually are, and thus, people who have threads closed are often confused about why they were closed.

I, of course, can counter each of these points in my own mind, but this is not satisfactory for all parties involved. This poll is for you to anonymously either vote me gone, or vote me stay. If you want my explanations for and against the above grievances, ask in this thread, and I will explain my side, and what I understand of the opposition.
    No
    0%
    Yes
    0%
    I'm not so bad... Once you get to know me.

ONE Member of the community accused you of this...

But what would this place be with out our very own "Thwarkinator"?

Comment

lOl, :roll:

Silly Thwark, you know better than to actualy have to ask us that, don't you? You do a damn good job so no, don't step down.
      Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
      "Dream is Destiny"
      Waking Life

Comment

I have to admit, I found it difficult to decide how to vote. I chose "no", but only because the option I wanted, "Absafuckinglutely Not" wasn't presented as an option.

You do a good job keeping up with these forums, and keeping them under control when they start to get out of control. You may be a bit more heavy handed than I would be under the same circumstances, but it works.

Comment

Bullshit!

Those who have told Thwark this crap, are wrong. Every thread Thwark has closed lately, got closed because some posts (or the whole thread) were violating the forum rules. I was the one suggesting that we needed some forum rules, cause a lot of the posting got out of hand - and Thwark, as a moderator, had to explain every single time why a thread got closed. The forum rules were set up to eliminate the 'explaining part', and so it did.

What Thwark (and the other admins/mods) are doing, is called 'to take responsibility'. And it's a heavy task. People wouldn't imagine how many hours Thwark has spent moderating this board, keeping it a better place for you and me.

They say Thwark isn't fitted to moderate this board! Then who the hell is? To me, Thwark seems very serious about the 'job', and I can't point out one single time he has been unfair. If a thread got locked, or a person got banned, it happened because a) - It was violating the forum rules, or b) - Everyone with common sense would have done the same.

I know you ain't posting this, Thwark, cause you're sick of people accusing you of being unfair (hey, that's an admins life goddamnit), but it was ok to bring this ahead in the public light. People should just stfu, obey the rules - and have fun. It's so easy to attack back when you're already banned/closed/whatever - which is stupid imo. I guess you've gotten lots of PM's/mails lately with people telling you to 'go and fuck yourself', and that's not the right way to getting unbanned - that's for sure!

I already know what this poll result will be, but, just in case - my vote is no.

Comment

Rofl!
            no!
            JM

Comment

I agree with the above sentiments, don't step down Thwark. I voted *NO*

Comment

I have absolutely no problem with the way you moderate this forum.
                Please stay Thwark. We love ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostly apparition
                  In a nonsexual way... i hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder

Don't turn this into a CD and Curunir Gay-names-flinging war, or you'll get a wrist BAND!!!
                    Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                    "Dream is Destiny"
                    Waking Life

Comment

Oh, forgot:

Mr. BAND man can!

Comment

NO!
                        All americans suck donkey balls except for you!

Comment

Surely, NO
                          every Mod have to find the way to the dschungel(= threads)
                          AND you got it man

Comment

Noooooo, but pls change the quote of the week
                            In the Future, One Duck Is The Law.

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
                              well duh.

Comment

Working...
                              X