bored as a shmofo...calling all mappers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bored as a shmofo...calling all mappers

i'm bored and just sitting on my ass....i'm ready to be put to work so if you are making a map and would like me to make u a perview like some of the ones i been doing than please contact me asap before i pass out from sitting here in the heat. i am also available almost 24/7 to test and do all that junk.

to get a preview up you can either send me your map and a story/backround info on it and i will take the screenshots or u can just send me the story and the screenshots u took yourself..then i will make it and get it approved by you and once all is good make it public.

so put this lazy ass to work now!
    http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
    -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
    -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
    -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

You wrote it like it is a bigself-sacrifice to test map/story rather that fun. I bet everybody feels the same and would gladly test anything, because:
    a) someone wants to see a map first and be way ahead when it comes out
    b) someone has too much free time

99% of the community fall under these both.
    In the Future, One Duck Is The Law.

Comment

Originally posted by Flack
      You wrote it like it is a bigself-sacrifice to test map/story rather that fun. I bet everybody feels the same and would gladly test anything, because:
      a) someone wants to see a map first and be way ahead when it comes out
      b) someone has too much free time

99% of the community fall under these both.
      but do 99% of the community run a thievery map site?
      -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

Hmm. My motivation for being a map tester is slightly different. Yes, I like seeing a things before they're released, but I'm patient. I can wait. (The big flap over Thief 3 is missing me completely, for instance, and the end of Matrix Reloaded didn't leave me clutching the arms of the theater seat screaming "WHAT!?!? I want MORE!!!".

What I like is having some advance warning of a map, so I know whether or not I want to add it to my server when it's released.

Comment

i rather make a preview than test a map, but i can pretty much do both at the same time... i take my time testing maps so i can find some bugs easily and sinse i am a mapper it helps that i can tell the person how to fix the prob usually

Comment

I like to break maps...

Mappers hate me for doing it... but usually end up either fixing it, or deciding nobody but me would ever end up there anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
              the end of Matrix Reloaded didn't leave me clutching the arms of the theater seat screaming "WHAT!?!? I want MORE!!!".
              Clearly you are not human.
              I'm not so bad... Once you get to know me.

Comment

Originally posted by Thwark
                the end of Matrix Reloaded didn't leave me clutching the arms of the theater seat screaming "WHAT!?!? I want MORE!!!".
                of course not..he's a hairy little fat rat

Comment

Originally posted by Thwark
                  OK, I'll admit, it took me by surprise. It was rather abrupt, after all. Certainly left it feeling unfinished. But I haven't lost any sleep over it, haven't been obsessing about it since seeing it, haven't pulled any chunks of hair (fur) out because of it. They'll make the next one, and I'll see it when it's out. Period.

For the record, I only saw Matrix Reloaded for the first time last Saturday, in a wonderfully empty theater. I hate crowds and avoid the opening week of most movies like the plague.

Comment

For the record, I only saw Matrix Reloaded for the first time last Saturday, in a wonderfully empty theater.
                    The Theater! He lives in the Theater!

Well thx for the offer DP. I will consider it for my map but dont expect it to be ready soon I just keep getting back to the drawing room, not because the layout is wrong but because I just keep having new ideas.
                    Feel the power of the

Comment

Hmm. My motivation for being a map tester is slightly different. Yes, I like seeing a things before they're released, but I'm patient. I can wait. (The big flap over Thief 3 is missing me completely, for instance, and the end of Matrix Reloaded didn't leave me clutching the arms of the theater seat screaming "WHAT!?!? I want MORE!!!".
                      Hahaha! There was tons of people doing that around me, but I'm the same way. I pretty much figured out what was going to happen when he talked to "the architect". I knew he was going to go back to his world and his girlfriend wouldn't die, and since she didn't die, I knew the architect would be wrong, and that the movie was almost over, so there'd be another movie, in which Neo will go all kung fu on the bad guys in real life, bla bla bla bla bla.
                      The only constant is change.
                      (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

I messed with my map again today, it's been kindof beta-tested (ie. I sent it to NeoPendragon and Chief because they were both online on MSN, when I was in a good mood).

I'd offer to let you preview it, but it'd be a real anticlimax and god knows when I'll actually finish it.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Dan
                          I messed with my map again today, it's been kindof beta-tested (ie. I sent it to NeoPendragon and Chief because they were both online on MSN, when I was in a good mood).

I'd offer to let you preview it, but it'd be a real anticlimax and god knows when I'll actually finish it.
                          GIMME!
                          The only constant is change.
                          (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

The_Dan wrote:

awww, Dan, Dan, Dan!!!
                            when are you on Msn messenger next eh, eh, eh???!!!
                            ...and all is silent, save the voice of the clock...

Comment

Originally posted by DarkProject
                              i'm bored and just sitting on my ass....i'm ready to be put to work so if you are making a map and would like me to make u a perview like some of the ones i been doing than please contact me asap before i pass out from sitting here in the heat. i am also available almost 24/7 to test and do all that junk.

to get a preview up you can either send me your map and a story/backround info on it and i will take the screenshots or u can just send me the story and the screenshots u took yourself..then i will make it and get it approved by you and once all is good make it public.

so put this lazy ass to work now!

Screw beta testing DP, go make a map!

Now i have never made a map for tut (i planned on making one at one point, and even drew the entire map) but i am working on my second Thieffm, which by the way, will have alot of cool effects in it :grin: . Anyways, you sound like the prime mapper......alot of time....bored as hell...and obviously some sort of imagination (see photo ablum photo of DarkProject) :lol: . No seriously, if you need some tips, feel free to ask me, i kinda know what i'm doing by now
                              "It is truly a shame that the guards must be kept from the very tools of thier proffesion, but such blatant misuse of gas arrows cannot be tolerated. Alas, that poor burrick..."

Comment

Working...
                              X