Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thief 3 preview at Gamers Europe

Linkie

Hope it's because the preview is geared towards console gamers, but it doesn't sound very encouraging to me.

Weird. :|
    Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

...while the gameplay may have always been some of the best out there, not such kind words could be said about the graphics engine. Hell, we?ll say it ourselves: that engine was a little more than outdated; it was a good three years behind the rest of the world.
      And how's that possible? C'mon - it's based on the UT2K3 engine. I wonder if they thought the same about Splinter Cell.

Hell, the preview is even translated using babelfish...

Comment

Originally posted by mOdEtWo
        ...while the gameplay may have always been some of the best out there, not such kind words could be said about the graphics engine. Hell, we?ll say it ourselves: that engine was a little more than outdated; it was a good three years behind the rest of the world.
        And how's that possible? C'mon - it's based on the UT2K3 engine. I wonder if they thought the same about Splinter Cell.

Hell, the preview is even translated using babelfish...
        I think they are referring to the Dark Engine.
        (AKA Dresden)
        Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Comment

Hmm, yeah - that makes more sence.

Comment

Two critically acclaimed and commercially dumped games never make for good reading... It’s surely last chance saloon for Thief – commercial failure isn’t an option.
            These guys are proven worthless from the opening paragraph. Thief, Thief Gold, and Thief 2 sold well, and contributed substantially to keeping LGS alive prior to it's eventual demise.
            {CTG} Softy Guildmaster
            Contact details updated
            I want more than 255 characters in this sig dammit!

Comment

Well blow this shit, heres what my gaming mag says.

"Theres currently some confusion as to whether this is called Thief III or just Thief for naive people who don't pay attention to important events in gaming history. We'll find out for sure next November - maybe they'll end up calling it "It's all about this bloke what nicks stuff, right?" just to make sure everything's clear. What is definite is that this is very much the long-awaited and logical progression of the Thief series. As usual you play master swiper Garret in a quasi-medievil setting, and this time you're tasked with far more than just stealing stuff and protecting your own hide - the fate of the world rests on your unwashed shoulders, no less. A world that's muchmore convincing and all-encompassing that ever before - every last drop of the Unreal engine's shadow-rendering power has been squeezed out of it in order to better implement garrets hiding and evasiveness.
              We're also promised that every building in the city can be entered, and every person in every street mugged and looted, Significant advances have been made in how you eal with face-to-face confrontation. Whereas getting spotted in previous Thief efforts often spelled game over due to your lack of fighting prowess, and while your brawling skills remain relatively puny, there are now at least more ways to escape. A dagger gives you some killing potential, while flash bombs can blind the enemy long enough for you to escape to the shadows. You can now climb up stone walls for quicker escape or entry, as the case may be. But these are all mere bells and whistles - we're very much looking forward at the same style of game as before, but in this case, that's a good thing. There's still more imagination aper square inch of a Thief game than in almost anything else, although the slow pace and lack of dynamic action scenes will continue to restrict its appeal.
              Which definately includes us - we're excited, and so shoudl you be."

Sound fuckin A to me. Especially as to me it hints at a single massive City to explore with missions being taken up when and if you feel like to progress the story instead of jsut secular parts per "level" as it used to be.
              How TuF are you?
              League of Legends
              Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

It would be interesting if it was as open-ended as that, but the impression I have got so far is that this is not the case - that the previous style of missions will continue. I'd be happy with either, as long as the gameplay doesn't lose anything
                {CTG} Softy Guildmaster
                Contact details updated
                I want more than 255 characters in this sig dammit!

Comment

Working...
                X