• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SNAFU
    replied
    Originally posted by NeoPendragon
    Originally posted by LaughingRat
    Uh, are you saying that if you got the Black Plague, you wouldn't know about it? lol, or that the people in the Thief world can make bionic eyes and magic potions but not microscopes?
    Absolutely they'd know they were sick. But that doesn't mean they'd know what caused it. The actual black plague was blamed on witches curses.

About the bionic eyes and magic potions.... Those things are MAGIC. Again, no system of magic of which I'm aware (and I've studied a few) has any conception of microscopic and submicroscopic creatures.
    I thought Garrett's eye was supposed to be 100% mechanical. Oh well, there's no way to prove it either way.
    One of his eyes is mechanical. Can't say if that means 100%, but it fit in the world of Thief, so no reason it can't here. End of discussion. :swordthi:

Leave a comment:

• SNAFU
    replied
    Am I the only one who didn't like Trail of Blood? I thought it was too... sudden and fantastic. I didn't really like the layout or the fact that I have to deal with those damn Monkeys. Or those giant trees; I don't believe any enemy has EVER scared me like THAT!!

Damn well almost had a heart attack when the first one got me...

Leave a comment:

• DarkProject
    replied
    UMBRELLA MANOR IT IS!

Leave a comment:

• Biohazard
    replied
    I want more hilarious AI names in the next one, DP!!!!!! :lol:

I just about died laughing!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• TheOutrider
    replied
    About the bionic eyes and magic potions.... Those things are MAGIC. Again, no system of magic of which I'm aware (and I've studied a few) has any conception of microscopic and submicroscopic creatures.
    The Jedi! The Jedi! Think about the Medichloriwhatevertheywerecalled. :]

* TheOutrider ducks and runs.

Leave a comment:

• LaughingRat
    replied
    I thought Garrett's eye was supposed to be 100% mechanical. Oh well, there's no way to prove it either way.
    That, I can't comment on. I've never played Thief 2.

Leave a comment:

• NeoPendragon
    replied
    Uh, are you saying that if you got the Black Plague, you wouldn't know about it? lol, or that the people in the Thief world can make bionic eyes and magic potions but not microscopes?
    Absolutely they'd know they were sick. But that doesn't mean they'd know what caused it. The actual black plague was blamed on witches curses.

Leave a comment:

• DarkProject
    replied
    well then i'll just make it: something is turning people to evil being drones of hell's army undead being walking brain grabbing leg broekn hammer carriers.

find out what it is and bring a sample of this evil back to the laboratory where the astranomer that lives in 'life of the party' can research it

Leave a comment:

• LaughingRat
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DarkProject
    replied
    Originally posted by DarkProject
    and you know this how??? just because it hasn't yet been metioned..doesn't mean it doesn't exist. hammers were not mentioned in any maps yet...so they didn't exist???
    Never said they didn't exist, just that they had no conception of them. Given that the level of technology in the Thievery world has only JUST started to include electricity, and giving that it takes scanning electron microscopes to detect virii... they'd have no way of knowing about them.
    i think lr needs o eat

Leave a comment:

• NeoPendragon
    replied
    and you know this how??? just because it hasn't yet been metioned..doesn't mean it doesn't exist. hammers were not mentioned in any maps yet...so they didn't exist???
    Never said they didn't exist, just that they had no conception of them. Given that the level of technology in the Thievery world has only JUST started to include electricity, and giving that it takes scanning electron microscopes to detect virii... they'd have no way of knowing about them.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.K.
    replied
    You are wrong, my friend. They can wink their eyes a lot and look at things from real close (so much that their noses hurt against the surface) and then they can see ebil little bastards running around like these:

Virus objectives:
    - You have landed on this body and need to spread yourself. Clone yourself at least 200000 times.
    - You have to wreak havoc so someone gives you a cool name like the "black cough" or "painful pissing of death". Infect one kidney and the liver.
    - You need to propagate to other bodies. Gain access to the nose before the body sneezes.

Leucocites objectives:
    - Some virus entered the body from some orifice. Find the way in and call in for reinforcements to prevent further invasions.
    - It's been a hard drinking night. Protect the liver at all costs.
    - Don't let any of the sausage fat traces floating in the blood to spoil your white cover.

Leave a comment:

• LaughingRat
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mr.K.
    replied
    Originally posted by Biohazard
    Resident Evil mansion!!!!!! That's a great idea!!!!!! :wink:
    Yes, but....

Virii? They had no conception of such things in this sort of culture.

anyway..i can make it so they just discovered em...plus....ermmm....ya....
    None of the in-game clues or the technology you would infere from the settings points to people being able to isolate and identify virii, being the tiny slippery bastards they are. And hammer(ite)s don't exist in Thievery. They were banned from the world by a singularity by the name of ... copyright... :grin:

Leave a comment:

• DarkProject
    replied
    guess it didn't add payback 2 into the poll :roll:

oh well...i rather not work on a sequal right now..gotta finish th efirst first anyway :wink:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X