Huzzah...learning to program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huzzah...learning to program

I thought I was anyway. I got this Pascalite thing, and found a tutorial, and i'm following it.

Everything is going good. I learn about how some of it works. I make some stuff happen.

And then it asks me to put stuff in thats just like, whoa wtf is all that crap?!

It really is amazing though. I mean, the input/output ratio is about the worst I've ever seen. 15 lines of code, and you get 2 words or so to appear, and if you're lucky, it might flash.

Anyway...

I just forgot why I wanted to post this in the first place.

Umm , does anyone else here code in Pascalite...?
    Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
    www.usyetzer.com

TAKE IT EASY!

Stick to mapping for now.

Comment

PASCAL?

Nooooo.... may (insert deity here) have mercy on your soul!

Learn C. Then C++.

Comment

I can program with Pascal, it's used to teach neewbies how to program. But I don't know if thats what Pascalite is, I'm guessing maybe thats the German version or where ever the hell you're from

It's true about the I/O ration though, but it does get better with the likes of C.

Speaking of Pascal, anyone wanna play my Noughts and Crosses

Yeah, Ok thought not
        All americans suck donkey balls except for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Yenzarill
          PASCAL?

Nooooo.... may (insert deity here) have mercy on your soul!

Learn C. Then C++.
          But pascal lets you learn the basic structure etc you should follow while programming
          All americans suck donkey balls except for you!

Comment

I've done some pretty intense assessment for Pascal using Borland Delphi... fun for the whole family.
            Nightmaster,
            .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
            - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Garlisk, weren't you supposed to be learning smithing or something like that? You gave it up? :?
              I Need Training!

Comment

i started with pascal ( > 7 years ago), then i learned C, a year later C++, and nowadays I'm uber 1337 Visual C++ dev :grin:

so you are on good way

Oh i forgot i began with BASIC (ZX Spectrum +), but that was long time ago

Comment

Pascal is a very good language to start learning. It's easy to get used to and will settle the basics for posterior languages. Then move on to C++ or Borland Delphi. They are both object oriented but you should be able to get a hold of them rather quickly. I'd recommend you Delphi if you're interested in visual programming. You can't get any easier than Delphi. C++ is more performance oriented (games and other stuff that needs to be extremely optimized), but if you're interested in business applications or such, Delphi will be better for you.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Judge
                    Garlisk, weren't you supposed to be learning smithing or something like that? You gave it up? :?
                    No, I didn't give it up. I hadn't really started, I was just looking into it. Its still on my list of things to do, though.

Maw: Im from Pennsylvania...which is a little bit west of Germany.

The rest of you: Thanks for the info. http://sheepdogsoftware.co.uk/index.htm

This is the link i'm working from. I read that Pascal was good for beginners, so I dove into it.
                    Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
                    www.usyetzer.com

Comment

C was good to learn with too, i found.

Pascal seems like a bit of a dead end,

Comment

C might be confusing for someone who hasn't programmed in their lifes. It can play up many tricks on you with pointers and weak type checking. I'd say Pascal to get the hang of it and then move to Delphi/C++/Visual C++

Comment

Originally posted by Yenzarill
                          C was good to learn with too, i found.

Pascal seems like a bit of a dead end,
                          I get the feeling qualified IT instructors know best in this case, Yenz
                          Nightmaster,
                          .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                          - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Qualified IT instructors, in my experience, are stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Judge
                              Yeah, but he never sticks with anything for long. Jumps from game to game, name to name, activity to activity and so on. Watch, the mapping and programming will drop by the wayside in a matter of weeks, too.

Garbalesbergil: Another victim of ADD.

Comment

Working...
                              X