Aliasing, such a terrible thing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aliasing, such a terrible thing?

Last edited by Sisu; 4 Aug 2011, 12:43 AM. Reason: Scrubbing online presence.

you can't stop it so why bother fighting it...i sometimes alias just to be left alone...although in my past attempt admins overlooking would just give me away
    http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
    -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
    -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
    -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

I have a famous alias. I like to pull it out when I'm really in the mood to DM. :twisted:

Some people know it though.

It started as a joke against Grank, and it kinda stayed.
      Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
      "Dream is Destiny"
      Waking Life

Comment

Sisu wrote:
        Have I mentioned Smirnoff Ice tastes like Ginger Ale mixed with Mountain Dew? Anyway...
        I have always suspected beverage companies of mixing flavours to produce new products for varieties sake - and to shake the market up a bit. But if you look at the ingredients of each pop above, you'll quickly see that those two do not make Smirnoff Ice. Aside from the obvious distinct food colouring difference.

I remember this alias issue coming up months ago when there were some problems with players using other peoples aliases or changing aliases endlessly in one day, or in one game, and causing havoc and such. If people want to play anonymously then so be it, but they miss out on others getting to know them - and hell, Thievery is a team sport, and others feel better about trusting you ingame if they know who you are. On the other hand, if you suck, like me, then it may be better not to show your clumsy noob arse in Folly, cause you may find your self a lone thief playing a team of snickering, hungry guards that just finished watching Oz on dope. (Don't laugh, it has happened, I dont know about the Oz on dope part though.) But its all good fun, and what better way is there to learn? Eventually everyone gets better if they try. It's not an issue really; if they stick to a nick, then they're prolly not ... a dick. Excuse me, poetry. And if they don't want, theeennn... they won't................flaunt.........themmmm...sell lvvesss.

okay, i'll shuddup now...
        ...and all is silent, save the voice of the clock...

Comment

It's fun to play as an alias and have everyone go "Who the hell are you?!?!" when you start owning the server.

I

Comment

Talk to the devs... their the worst when it comes to aliasing.

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
              Take to the devs... their the worst when it comes to aliasing.
              It's even worse when people alias as a DEV! The nerve. I ban em when they get on Crackaz. :grin:

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
              It's fun to play as an alias and have everyone go "Who the hell are you?!?!" when you start owning the server.
              Mmmhmm... bastidge.
              Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
              "Dream is Destiny"
              Waking Life

Comment

I think ZaViX may be an alias......

But any what does it matter if someone aliases? As long as the don't pretend to be someone they're not then who cares? I alias alot but just for fun, although I dont think I've done it for a while now
                All americans suck donkey balls except for you!

Comment

Aliasing is ok. However, aliasing as others, ain't.

Comment

I'm always aliasing. My favorite one when I was thieving was "Rabbit". :grin:
                    I Need Training!

Comment

BASTARD! :x
                      Success is my only mothafucking option, failure's not.

Comment

See? :lol:
                        I Need Training!

Comment

Oh, I thought you were talking about photo editing in Photoshop.

Comment

Originally posted by Sisu
                            What of the member of a ghosting clan that desires to deathmatch, they could anonymously change their name and enter a game to rack up some kills, they retain their past alias of the ghost while at the same time accomplishing their goal of a different play style.
                            Well, I know for a fact that DarkBill doesn't bother to alias when he goes on his DM'ing sprees.

Comment

Ya, he just buys a bunch of catfalls and waits near high places with his blackjack "accidentally" loaded.
                              The only constant is change.
                              (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Working...
                              X