A Recommended Read...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Recommended Read...

Hey guys, I'm kinda bored and I felt like letting everyone know about the best friggin book in the world, Jack of Shadows by Roger Zelazny. Its a story about a thief who can use shadows and manipulate them to do whatever he wishes.

Its really, really a good book and I figured that this community would enjoy it because of TUT. Its only 140 pages so it wont take long to read.

Lemme know if anyone reads it or has read it so i can see what you think. My nickname and my signature is from that book !
    Some there be that shadows kiss,
    Such have but a shadow's bliss.

Shadowjack?

I remember you from somewhere...

#thief, maybe?
    Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Sounds interesting .
      Deftones

Comment

I'm pretty sure the #thief old-timer was Blackjack.
        Nightmaster,
        .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
        - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

naw, the thief old timer was shadowjack. he was a savatage fan, which lifted his factor a bit.

as for recommeded reads, everyone should read Stephen King's "Dark Tower" series. I don't even like stephen king's regular books, and i loved that series. It's at 4 books right now, but the last three have been written and will be released over the next couple years.
          I'm not so bad... Once you get to know me.

Comment

Originally posted by Thwark
            naw, the thief old timer was shadowjack. he was a savatage fan, which lifted his factor a bit.
            That's right, I got him mixed up with another irc chan user.
            Funnily enough I remember one of your conversations about Savatage/TSO, about... 2 or 3 years ago.
            Nightmaster,
            .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
            - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

THWARK, You sir are a genious !! I forgot all bout this series. Read the first three.....Fkin amazing !! Waited for #4.....and waited.....and waited........

I had hoped that eventually they would make a movie with this series, with whoopie goldberg playing the black chick (blind was she,hit with a brick) and mel gibson playing The Gunslinger

I think I might read them all again and go buy #4........
              Never let LaughingRat shave your testicles with a rusty serrated knife.

Comment

Ill have to write that down to read...

I'm already in the middle of Wheel of Time and Sharpe's Tiger...as well as everything else i'm doing.

This definately sounds like something I'd like to read though.
                Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
                www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Originally posted by TED NUGENT
                  a movie with this series, with whoopie goldberg playing the black chick (blind was she,hit with a brick)
                  hit with a brick, yes, but the brick hit her when she was a kid, and it caused brain damage which unleashed her alternate personality. Then years later, the same guy who tossed the brick at her pushed her in front of a subway train, and she lost her legs. "Drawing Of The Three" was a great book, cuz it tied together so much stuff in so many unexpected ways.
                  I'm not so bad... Once you get to know me.

Comment

IIRC (and if my alzheimers isn't acting up) he was on (playing Thievery) during the summer (last year), I may be thinking of someone else, but he may have run a server. Though I am probably off...?
                    Yep, that was me. Im surprised you remember me considering my short time playing, but yes I did run a server for a few weeks called Shadowguard. I may put it back up soon...
                    Some there be that shadows kiss,
                    Such have but a shadow's bliss.

Comment

Working...
                    X