Open your trunk of memories!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open your trunk of memories!

Last night I was reminded by Lurox that Thievery is close to celebrate its 1st aniversary.
    As a way to prepare for this event I would like to sugest to the older players (you are still around here arent you? :wink: ) to share some of their ealier memories from those days back when everyone was a nOOb, AIS had deadly predefined loadouts, thieves had some troubles using the potions and Aquatone was considered to be (almost) impossible to win by thieves.
    The 1st memory I got from TUT was being surprised how it looked just like Thief, of course it turned out to be something a lot more exciting when I played online (traps? SPIDERS?!), a lot of stuff was changed after that but I think the original spirit is still here.
    Good work DEVS.

and btw, looking forward for 1.5
    Feel the power of the

The best thing I can remember from this time was the feeling I had when I played thievery for the first time (I still sometimes get that feeling, like I did yesterday night, thanks for the great games people ). Everyone that night was getting owned by the devs, and we all bought swords, trying to defend ourselves when we got caught.
    Ahh, great moments... Wish I could see that again.
    JM

Comment

Well, my first month in thievery was not good. To be honest, i din't even play HAHAHHA.
      Ok here is the story:

I downloaded thievery because I thought it was very cool. I never played thief, or any other simular games. I was all exiting by the screenshots and the whole gameplay ( the website explained alot ) When I was ready, i installed it and loaded up thievery. Tada! After 5 minutes I was in the intro movie. I thought it was great, loved the music and the spiders. So when I tried to load a map my machine crashed. I could not play this game, due my very bad system.

After a month or so, I had some new memory and I tried thievery again. This time it was loading like all my other mods. So I tried to play the game online but i couldn't find any server. I played the game offline alot, beginning with nostalgia. I learned the map and how to play. Then, as I wanted to ask questions around the forum I found out there was a new beta. It was because of my older beta that I could not see any server. I downloaded it and went in a server.

It was great, sneaking up on guards trying to knock them down ( yes I was not a ghoster in the beginning ) As guard I always got pissed on people that KO'ed me. But if I see it all back again, i was just lurking in the shadows. Of course i got KO'ed!

I learned the game fast and I met some regulars. I made my own style and went in rushmode almost everytime. Spiders, I could do the map within 3 minutes and I always did it. Then I found out it was actualy lame to not give others a chance. I wanted to give myself a challenge too so I took my time, try not to get seen. I fell in ghosting too, because that was even harder.

This was my beginning, and to be honest those times were better then now. In that time I liked the community ( exept a few players ) but now ... it's slipping down in a fast speed. Ah well, lets hope it will climb up again someday.
      On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

i (in a few weeks) will have my one year anniversery with playing tut. i remeber i downloaded it at night and around 1 am i went in to check it out. i started in flats and i was totally not used to the controls and i kept havng to adjust things...i walked around on the roof and check online but there was noone playing. i went to sleep and when i woke up i jumped to my pc and went on tut...i played it ALL day none stop, i remember modetwo and omega were one of the first peoples i payed with and i was complaining about noone being on the night before. so i played and played and i guess i'm still here playing but not as much sinse now i rather try and give something back to the community by mapping and stuff like that
        http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
        -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
        -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
        -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

When I got Tut, I hated the guard models. I also hated the fact that guards jump around when hit by arrows.

Then I started DMing.

Comment

i remember when Thievery was released, dalai released it two hours before midnight of the day he proclaimed it would be released. to be fair, he was on the east coast, so it was only an hour early for him. BUT HE WAS STILL EARLY!
            I'm not so bad... Once you get to know me.

Comment

well i saw the first thievery beta release on a gamers page ,and it got me interested because i played both of the thief series.So i downloaded the first beta and I went playing with not many servers and about two ppl in the server.In those day's my alias was Skullcollector.After playing it an couple weeks I stopped beacuse i begon to study and i was gonna move to the UK, so i stopped for some months.After being settled in the UK I begon to play it again and joined EDG.

Some Skulls are born to be heroes

Comment

Originally posted by [E.D.G
                Skull].... and joined EDG ....
                .... and he was never seen again.
                On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Thievery still rocks! Happy birthday. My first alias was GarrettsMum.
                  Deftones

Comment

Originally posted by SeEManN
                    My first alias was GarrettsMum.
                    I don't want to know where that came from...

Comment

I remember that name!

My first online game was Spider. It was with 1 other player, whose name I can't remember.

I was standing out near the edge of the water, looking about for him, and all the AI were on the grating outside. All of them. Every single one. All mumbling and shouting. It was TOTALLY cool to me!! I was like, YEAH, these guys are all pissed and looking around and that thief guy doesn't have a chance.

From that day on I was, naturally, a great guard. J/K!

It was a long hard journey from that point. I remember one other game where I was the last guard on spider, and got smacked down as the thieves ran by me through the gates. Argh! I wish I knew who the guy that KOed me there was so I could mash him now.

I had just got done playing thief when I started thievery, and I remember thinking how different it was. The guard looked fat, the controls were different, but at the same time, it was new and exciting.

EDIT : In case anyone cares, I joined during 1.1, a week b4 1.2 was released.
                      Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
                      www.usyetzer.com

Comment

I remember when I first downloaded it when 1.0 was out I had trouble getting into the game, then later just after 1.2 was released I came back and gave the game another shot and got hooked!

Comment

I remember that! That was you? I also remember skullcollector, wow I d'l it when it was first released also, my first alias was slinky
                          was gonna use sneaky but it was taken. Remember playing games with garrettsmum, sneaky etc. I remember also when TOB started and sneaky was gonna tryout. Happy Birthday Thievery, you've given me many hours of fun
                          and aggravation LOL (getting KO'd, firespammed etc) but when you win a level
                          theres nothing like it. great fun.

Comment

I grabbed it the day it was (supposed to be) released and played for a few days offline getting used to the differences between Thievery and Thief(and getting trounced by the AI).

When I started playing online it was on LeatherMan's server. After about a month I started playing on the public servers.

The short range rocket launchers were fun.
                            Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Originally posted by PhaeThorn
                              Originally posted by [E.D.G
                              Skull].... and joined EDG ....
                              .... and he was never seen again.
                              Lol that's true ,don't have much time lately :|
                              Some Skulls are born to be heroes

Comment

Working...
                              X