Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a good PC e-mail client...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Looking for a good PC e-mail client...

    So, for the next couple weeks, I'm seperated from my mac by a couple states, and only have my PC with me. Until now I've been doing things like e-mail, browsing, and IM on my mac, but now I've got to get 'em working on the PC. I've found Miranda to be a great IM program, and I've been using Firebird for a broswer already, but I don't know of -- and haven't found -- any decent e-mail clients for a PC. Not webmail, I'm looking for a pop3/smtp client. Anyone have a suggestion?
    Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

  • #2
    i have trillian pro if you want for an IM program..can't help much on the e-mail though
    http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
    -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
    -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
    -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by DarkProject
      i have trillian pro if you want for an IM program..can't help much on the e-mail though
      As I said, I've found Miranda for IM, and have become quite attached to it.
      Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by DarkBill
        Originally posted by DarkProject
        i have trillian pro if you want for an IM program..can't help much on the e-mail though
        As I said, I've found Miranda for IM, and have become quite attached to it.
        have you heard that you CAN now get a divorce online...it's as easy as baking EasyBake pie!








        http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
        -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
        -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
        -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

        Comment


        • #5
          www.download.com
          go search

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DarkBill
            So, for the next couple weeks, I'm seperated from my mac by a couple states, and only have my PC with me. Until now I've been doing things like e-mail, browsing, and IM on my mac, but now I've got to get 'em working on the PC. I've found Miranda to be a great IM program, and I've been using Firebird for a broswer already, but I don't know of -- and haven't found -- any decent e-mail clients for a PC. Not webmail, I'm looking for a pop3/smtp client. Anyone have a suggestion?
            Not familiar with Miranda. Could you post a link or some such?

            As far as email clients go, have you considered Outlook Express?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Master-Builder
              www.download.com
              go search
              I'm quite capable of finding software, thanks -- I'm looking for recommendations of good e-mail clients.
              Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by DarkBill
                Originally posted by Master-Builder
                www.download.com
                go search
                I'm quite capable of finding software, thanks -- I'm looking for recommendations of good e-mail clients.
                the only one i've used was kerio i believe it was called...it was pretty good..it was for clan mail
                http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
                -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
                -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
                -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by LaughingRat
                  Not familiar with Miranda. Could you post a link or some such?

                  As far as email clients go, have you considered Outlook Express?
                  You can find Miranda IM at http://www.miranda-im.org/

                  It took me a full four hours to remove the entirety of the scourge known as Outlook Express from my Windows installation, I'm not bringing it back. ^_^
                  Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I am guessing you are gonna use only one email address? Grab Eudora Lite, its pretty decent, not system taxing, and not M$.

                    But if you have LOTS of POP accounts, web accounts, IMAP accounts and the like...I would recommend Outlook Express.

                    And as DB already knows, but JIC anyone else is wondering...NEVER, EVER USE OUTLOOK FULL VERSION. It is the DEVILS PROGRAM I tell you!

                    Kiech
                    www.thecrackaz.com
                    Kiech

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Minotaur is the mail segment of Mozilla (it shoud be easy to find from there). Compared to outlook express it's a bit slow for me, but I am running it on a four year old system.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I personally use Trillian Pro, but I hear Miranda pwns. I'm too lazy to check it out.
                        Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                        "Dream is Destiny"
                        Waking Life

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Curunir
                          I personally use Trillian Pro, but I hear Miranda pwns. I'm too lazy to check it out.
                          me too...plus all the different skins you can have for trillian are just great
                          http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
                          -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
                          -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
                          -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Tru dat homie.
                            Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                            "Dream is Destiny"
                            Waking Life

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X