Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are you and what are you doing in my head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are you and what are you doing in my head?

I had the strangest thing happen to me last night. You know how people always talk about "that little voice in the back of your head?" Well, whenever I had that "little voice" it was always a seperate thought...until last night.

I was sitting here, thinking about who-knows-what when all of the sudden, at THE VERY SAME TIME, there is this other train of thought. It didn't sound as up-front as the first, a little far off, but it was there... I can't tell you what it said, I forgot. It didn't have anything to do with what I was thinking about beforehand.

Did any of you experience this (while sober) at all? It has me totally freaked out!

Either i'm going crazy, or I've learned to multi-think.
    Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
    www.usyetzer.com

http://www.psychotherapist.org/
    The only constant is change.
    (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Garlisk episode 2: Attack of the alteregos.

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
        Garlisk episode 2: Attack of the alteregos.
        Like Mad Gerbil?
        GAH!
        Feel the power of the

Comment

Its not funny!!

I guess thats why I'm sitting here laughing...But really!

I've never had that happen before! It was totally wierd.
          www.usyetzer.com

Comment

I'm confuzzled.

Did you actually 'hear' something, or what?
            "I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory,
            even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch
            of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." -- Professor Severus Snape.

Comment

I knew this day would come. All this aliasing has actually fragmented your mind, and you don't know who you are, or what's you any more.

But I regularly experience multiple trains of thought. Almost constantly, in fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Taffergirl
                I'm confuzzled.

Did you actually 'hear' something, or what?
                No, not "hear" as in with my ears. Like LR said...multiple trains of thought, at once...

My mind has wandered, drifted from thought to thought for no particular reason... but NEVER had I been thinking 2 totally different things at once.
                www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Dont do drugs, kids.
                  Deftones

Comment

Originally posted by Garlisk
                    No, not "hear" as in with my ears. Like LR said...multiple trains of thought, at once...

My mind has wandered, drifted from thought to thought for no particular reason... but NEVER had I been thinking 2 totally different things at once.

Oh. Okay.

is only pretending to understand that explanation in order to drop the subject

:roll:
                    "I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory,
                    even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch
                    of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." -- Professor Severus Snape.

Comment

Originally posted by Garlisk
                      I was sitting here, thinking about who-knows-what when all of the sudden, at THE VERY SAME TIME, there is this other train of thought. It didn't sound as up-front as the first, a little far off, but it was there... I can't tell you what it said, I forgot. It didn't have anything to do with what I was thinking about beforehand.

Did any of you experience this (while sober) at all? It has me totally freaked out!
                      Are you implying this is not normal?
                      Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
                      Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

It could be the first noticable sign of a split personality. Many people have it and dont even know it. It doesnt have to be very noticable. Most people would laugh if you told them they had it, but if you talk to them long enough about personal things, then ask them if a certain bad experience makes someone in their mind mad (someone being another presence) you'd be suprised just how many people will split into two personalities, even being concious of it at the time, and telling you how it makes the other personality feel. For you though, this second thought doesn't mean you do have it for sure, but it is a possibility.

Another thing you should know, if it is infact split personality, it doesn't mean you're crazy or insane. Split personalities is a defense our brain will sometimes resort to so we wont go insane because it's having too hard of a time dealing with traumatic experiences from our past. So, even in the off chance that it is split personalities, you're not crazy, your brain is just having a hard time dealing with certain things.

I would suggest going to a therapist if you're worried about it, or it happens again. Not like a mental hospital or anything serious. Just maybe once a week or once every two weeks just in an effort to learn more about yourself. Knowing yourself is extremely important in my opinion, and how can it hurt? It's true, I don't like most therapists, as well as a lot of people I think. But, you just have to find the right one you can relate to, that you feel like is dealing with you as a person and not a problem.

Anyway, thats my two cents.
                        "Shivers running down my spine,
                        whos blood? I know its mine.
                        -I am The Hunted"

GBH

Comment

Have you been stressed or under chemicals as of late? That could have something to do if hou have.

It's not bad unless it gets out of control. Pretty much like coughing. Coughing is not bad unless it gets out of control.

I'd not worry for a single happening. If it worries you, or it becomes somewhat of a "common" thing then go see a therapist and he/she will advice you about it.

Comment

Oh, geez, scare the guy with MPD (Multiple Personality Disorder), why don't you? True cases of MPD are incredibly rare, and are almost invariably the result of EXTREME physical (often sexual) and emotional abuse. More likely, it's just a matter of mental multithreading. Many people are capable of it, and in fact, my initial reaction to the initial post was the same as Thebos'.

If you're interested in more on MPD, though, I'd suggest reading "When Rabbit Howls", by The Troops for Trudy Chase. Trudy Chase is the front personality for one of the most extreme cases of MPD on record, something like 93 distinct personalities. Being written by the personalities themselves (The Troops), it's a unique view into what it's like to be part of a multiple personality. A warning, though, this book is NOT for the faint of heart. It deals graphically with the events that led to such a fragmented mind.

Comment

I wasnt trying to scare him. Chances are, its not. But you really never know. And obviously I didnt mean a true case, like what you think of when you think of split personality. And its not very rare for people to show signs of it, but that doesnt mean they have it. I know that actually having it is extremely rare.

But I agree, it probably is just multithoughts, nothing to worry about.
                              "Shivers running down my spine,
                              whos blood? I know its mine.
                              -I am The Hunted"

GBH

Comment

Working...
                              X