This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOT happy...

I am NOT happy at all!!! I do believe Thievery has turned into a shit load of DMer's!! I think theres more DMers than ppl that actually play the game it was meant to be. Yesterday I got on Thievery after my computer has been down for 1 week, and I couldn't find a server where ppl actually played fair!!! Thievery has gone down-hill since I played a week ago, ppl kept DMing me, trying to blackjack me 5 or 6 times from the front to the point where I couldn't move cause he kept hitting me repeatedly, then he strafes behind me and BJ me. I switched servers and here we go, playin asylum, a thief actually came running straight up to my face, cracked me then whipped out his sword and slashed me to death. He said I should've won the match but I couldn't since he cracked me. All I'm saying is, I don't even LIKE to play thievery anymore cause of all this DM. It has totally ruined the game for me, its so hard to find ppl that play fair anymore. If this game has become a Deathmatch like UT where u jus grab a weapon an try to kill as many ppl as u can, then I don't want any part of it. I'm sure alot of other FAIR players feel the same way, as for DMers, I think u guys should go play UT online if u want to DM so bad!!!!!
    !i>A High IQ Doesn't Make Up For A Lack Of Common Sence<i!

Also, all the games I played yesterday were either won by KO or Kill, no one wins by Obj anymore.... kinda sad if u ask me. i hardly play thievery anymore, same w/ my brother. :x

Comment

This is my cool sig.

Comment

well vik being BJ'd is a part of Theivery so thats not gonna change
        however i also get discouraged when all maps are ended by killing
        all the guards. What happened to winning by objectives people?

Comment

I know being BJ is part of thievery, and I don't mind it. But when someone does it in a manner where they jus come up straight to ure face an hit u so many times that u can't move then strafe beihind u, it tends to piss me off. Also I wasn't the only one in tht game that was being DMed by that guy, another person playing w/ me was tired of the DM as well. In the end of the game, that guy had 10 ko's an he said he LOVED dm. I agree, what happened to winning by OBJ?? Where did the cool thievery I USED to play go?!?!?!??!?! :swordthi: <---- thats all that remains in thievery now

Comment

SO....... SORRY next time you see me ill stop still and let you whack me to pieces..... Or i can Bj you since im good at it.....

Aggressive guards make aggro thieves.... most ppl are satisfied KOing all ai and leaving humans, or getting down to one guard then getting OBJ, i say whats the point as these take less skill(tm) than going straight for the loot/gem/item etc etc... but its because they are good with a BJ and find it more comfortable to actually use it, than say... everytime they are spotted to use a flash or invis to run away then maybe get found again a few minutes later.... its simply one way of playing....
            Another is too ghost sure, but some people cant do that versus active (human) guards, and others wont even try since they can bj effectively nowadays....

THEN theres the frame of mind someone is in when playing, i know a few ppl who will give sword a try now and then, and some who wont KO in a match etc etc....
            My advice overall is to either donty play public, or to play on server with a style of play setup, so many BJs etc.
            GL whichever you try
            How TuF are you?
            League of Legends
            Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

I would like to see more maps with ko limit and no kill objectives. This would improve the game quality tremendously and while illimininating some of our "more lame" players would defenatly improve the community and noob freindlyness . Also, i agree with viktorian when saying that the obj wins are way down in comparison with ko and kill. so maybe some of you mappers should consider placing a ko and no kill or kill limit on your maps.

DIE DM :swordthi: DIE DM DIE!!!!!!
              "It is truly a shame that the guards must be kept from the very tools of thier proffesion, but such blatant misuse of gas arrows cannot be tolerated. Alas, that poor burrick..."

Comment

Originally posted by Thief13x
                I would like to see more maps with ko limit and no kill objectives. This would improve the game quality tremendously and while illimininating some of our "more lame" players would defenatly improve the community and noob freindlyness . Also, i agree with viktorian when saying that the obj wins are way down in comparison with ko and kill. so maybe some of you mappers should consider placing a ko and no kill or kill limit on your maps.

DIE DM :swordthi: DIE DM DIE!!!!!!
                Arbitrary limitations like this are not going to improve gameplay. All they'll do is is stifle different playstyles, and force everyone into the same mold. THEN the game will be truly boring, with everyone playing exactly the same way.

If you think that eliminating guards is the wrong way to play, don't play that way. And as a guard, learn to make "DM'ing" an ineffective tactic, and it won't be used.

Vik, while this guy was whacking you on the head repeatedly, what were YOU doing? In the time it takes him to hit you the 5-6 times you say he did, you could have had your sword or mace out and pummelled him pretty badly, if not completely to death. Even if you hadn't killed him, he might have backed off, as his blackjack wasn't having any immediate effect on you, and he'd have been getting cut up pretty badly.

Comment

There ya go . . .

Let's tell people HOW to play Thievery, makes the game more fun for you. :roll:

Comment

The day the mods restrict gameplay styles is the day the mods will lsoe a LOT of players.... thankfully they have a LOT of sense when it comes to the mods directions and playing styles and how to give us, as players the choices we have ingame now.
                    As for a guard that cant kill a single thief :lol:
                    How TuF are you?
                    League of Legends
                    Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

okay LR plz get it thru ure head, i've said it like 059382990438680943806406386098394698439864980 times!!! i couldn't have done anything to him cause he was hitting me so hfast i couldn't move or even get my sword out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but hey, i dun care anymore i'll jus live w/ lamers! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x but hey, i'm not promising that i won't DM now, since its the thing to do, u might see me w/ a sword out when i go thief. :swordthi: :swordthi: :swordthi: :swordthi: :swordthi: :swordthi: :swordthi: jk, sorri for posting this, i don't wanna make any enemys. I'll jus deal w/ it....

Comment

I mean . . .

I love to ghost as a thief, I never KO/kill a guard. I prefer to play with other ghosters, but still I have no right to tell other people how to play the game. You can win a game in many different ways, that's what makes it interresting.

Is ghosting the right way to play Thievery? - Then why the hell did they put in a blackjack!
                        Is DM'ing the right way to play Thievery? - Then why the hell did they make thieves able to hide in shadows!

See what I mean? Get a grip. Play the way you want, and don't tell others how to play! You'll have lots of fun anyway. Don't come and say that DM'ers ruin your games . . .

Comment

CASE CLOSED

thx for the opinions guys

Comment

k geez sorri for every posting this!!! play however u want sorri for telling u how to play, can ya leave me alone now?!!?!?!? :cry:

Comment

k geez sorri for every posting this!!! play however u want sorri for telling u how to play, can ya leave me alone now?!!?!?!? :cry: :?

Comment

Working...
                              X