Bloody spiders! I wish I had Raid...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloody spiders! I wish I had Raid...

Lads (and gals), one simple question over here: how to take out spiders? Those bloody bugs doesn't seem to got a weak spot for arrow back-stabbing, I usually don't have a Sword to fight them AND never succeeded in sneaking behind to pound them with the black-jack hence I'm not sure if it is possible at all! Any help appreciated.

Ok, for your run of the mill average spider, 3-4 arrows/bolts should take care of them. Try to find a spot where they can't get you (careful, they can jump HIGH), and just rapid fire them. Thats about the only way I know of, and it works for me...most of the time.
    Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
    www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Get into a large shadow. Crouch.

Make sure the spider is about 10 meters away.

Hit them in th eback with a charged arrow.

They will run up to you.

Walk back, and hit them again.

They will run away from you for a second.

Hit them again as quickly as you can.

They will go into panick mode. Finish them at your leisure.

Comment

Just stay in the shadows and dont let em see you... Besides, he only has 5 arrows... That's only one dead spider.

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
          Just stay in the shadows and dont let em see you... Besides, he only has 5 arrows... That's only one dead spider.
          Aye, 5 arrows only! No use if no "one-shot-kill" And those buggers are quite fast, they usually finish me if I don't lay them down with the first shot.

Comment

If you're a thief, stay away from them as much as possible. They're not very bright, but they'll usually work to your advantage killing off guards.

Comment

Erm, I totally agree with LR...don't kill them when you're thief. Let the guards waste their health trying to make friends with them. I mean, theres no better distraction than a spider chasing all the guards away from your objectives.

More importantly, when the guards turn to face the spiders their backs will be to you :lol: Do I need to say anything more?

Comment

All right, thank you for helping!

Comment

If you're in singleplayer tho, al you'll need to do is type "summon supershockrifle" in the console and blast away.
                  ]V[]V[

Comment

Originally posted by MortalMonkey
                    If you're in singleplayer tho, al you'll need to do is type "summon supershockrifle" in the console and blast away.
                    And if you're in singleplayer, quit screwing around and go online.
                    Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
                    www.usyetzer.com

Comment

In Asylum, I like to release the spider and then lead it on into a bunch of guards. It's tricky though, and you have to know what you're doing or the spider will turn on you instead.

Once I let the spider out and slowly led it to the greenhouse (where a bunch of guards were camping Bruno. Then I put out the torches around the door, and opened up the door. Once the spider was finished his meal, I snuck in and got away with the body.

:grin:
                      The only constant is change.
                      (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

The spider can't go in the greenhouse, and any experienced guard can kill it with a sword or mace and take no damage.
                        Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                        "Dream is Destiny"
                        Waking Life

Comment

It can jump. Or just attack from a bit of a distance. And pretty much no guard can take on that spider if it just pops up behind them.

8)
                          The only constant is change.
                          (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

I know it can do all that, and yes, it's hard to get away from it if it catches you by surprise, but it can be easily killed if you are in the GH.
                            Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                            "Dream is Destiny"
                            Waking Life

Comment

Cunningly placed blue spiders can scare the **** out of passing thieves.
                              Basically it saves you a parabolt as they are paralyzed in terror

Comment

Working...
                              X