Tron 2.0 Demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tron 2.0 Demo

FilePlanet has released a multiplayer demo of Tron 2.0 with cycle and disc matches. Check it out it's a lot of fun. Get the demo here.

Edit: Here are a few screenshots. I can only take one every time i run the game because there is no screenshot button so I have to use Print Screen.

Multiplayer Snake, and lag discs?...

Comment

Heh, that's mildly amusing. "Snakes and laggers".
      ]V[]V[

Comment

I played it... and it's incredibly boring. There's only one weapon, the disc, and you just shoot from one side to the other. You can't even go to the other teams base, you just have to shoot across the gap in the floor. And the other game type is just a copy of that snake game where you have to eat all the apples or whatever and your tail grows as you go along, except with "light cycles".

You'd have to play the game to understand exactly what I mean, but you get the general point.
        The only constant is change.
        (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Originally posted by CrouchingDork
          I played it... and it's incredibly boring. There's only one weapon, the disc, and you just shoot from one side to the other. You can't even go to the other teams base, you just have to shoot across the gap in the floor. And the other game type is just a copy of that snake game where you have to eat all the apples or whatever and your tail grows as you go along, except with "light cycles".

You'd have to play the game to understand exactly what I mean, but you get the general point.
          Yeah, it's as boring as chess.

First, there are no respawns in chess. Once you die, you are out.

Then, games are agonisingly slow... Booooring....

There are only 6 classes. No variety.

You can't pick your class.

There aren't any exciting gameplay types, like capture the flag.

Chess promotes DMing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sisu
            <snip>And the other game type is just a copy of that snake game where you have to eat all the apples or whatever and your tail grows as you go along, except with "light cycles".

Lightcycles are a copy?
            Wait...
            You were born in 1988 you mentioned in another thread?
            Haven't you ever played that snakes game? It's practically the same thing.

Comment

I'm really not sure. In Tron, did they have the light cycles going around only being able to turn 90 degree angles and trying to cut off other light cycles with their trails of light?

Comment

Then I'm not sure. I guess it depends on what was made first.

Comment

I'm almost certain Tron was first... and besides, the snake game is a different concept.
                  It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

The snake game isn't really different than that game though. You just go around on your light cycle trying to cut off the other players, just like the snakes in that game.

Comment

I'd bet the snake game came first. It's one of the most rudimentary of compter games, and is probably one of the very first ever made. I'd bet it goes back to the 70's, even, and that the makers of Tron were trying to include a basic real world computer game in "The Games" in Tron.

Comment

The snake game isn't really different than that game though. You just go around on your light cycle trying to cut off the other players, just like the snakes in that game.
                        In the snake game you were refering to earlier (the one where you eat the fruit and your tail grows longer) it was against yourself, was it not?
                        It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

The thing is that Tron 2.0 is NOT copying Snake. It's emulating the movie sequence, and as such is NOT a copy from Snake.

Also, i think Snake is posterior to the movie, but that's pointless, they are different things.

And CD, talking about the Tron movie (or it's derivates) like that is like when those morons said that LOTR:The two towers used that name to obtain publicity from the twin towers attack. Totally off. Tron is to any FX movie what Da Vinci was to inventors.

That said, i've heard the T2.0 demo is boring as hell. Don't think i'm going to try it myself, i have my own cycle race game.

I'd tell you to go and rent the movie, but i think people who wasn't around in the early 80's will find it dumb and crazy. You have to know how the mindset was then, and how computer graphics were back then.

It is a good movie, but like Chaplin movies, you have to know how to enjoy it to its fullest.

Comment

I quite liked the light cycles, and the films pretty splendid too.
                            I'm cool!

Comment

Goliath hasn't played the demo, and won't, after reading THIS.
                              Do you like my new attitude? It's called positive thinking!
                              I had so much bottled rage, I'd snap if you looked at me the wrong way! But now I changed my mind!

Comment

Working...
                              X