WIII- The Frozen Throne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIII- The Frozen Throne

Some already bought? The addon to Warcraft 3 called "The Frozen Throne" was released this week. If you want to believe some Pc- magazines it could be the best strategic game ever.
    I played a lot Warcraft3 and even more SC/Broodwar. So Im really looking forward to this addon. I wonder if someone here likes also all Blizzard products or want to challenge me in Starcraft 1on1 .
    Deftones

I didn't like warcraft III, so there's VERY little chance I'm gonna buy TFT.
    JM

Comment

I won't be getting another blizzard product - they are continuing to screw over their older products.

All starcraft, and Diablo 2 players are now BAND from all clan channels...

War 2, and Diablo Players were BAND from all non Diablo Retail XXX channels for about 2 years.

Gee, its so fucking difficult to let us into all of those channels...

Comment

What does it do? Just an expansion pack? What does it expand?
        The only constant is change.
        (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Originally posted by CrouchingDork
          What does it do? Just an expansion pack? What does it expand?
          Its a so called "add-on" to Warcraft 3. It has a new campagne, new heroes (1 for each race, there are 4 races), new units, new maps etc. It continues the whole story, and the single player story is great. And the new units makes a huge spectrum of tactical possibilites in multiplayer. The Bnet features ladder and clan system and so on. Wanna know more?
          Deftones

Comment

Hmmm...

*opens up kazaa*
            The only constant is change.
            (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Blizzard games own.

Starcraft ownz.
              Diablo ownz.
              Warcraft ownz.
              Even Rock n Roll Racing ownz.

You are all ownz0r3d.

Comment

i have

WarCraft 3
                Diablo
                StarCraft

'cause War3 is good i think i'am gonna get it somewhere.
                Thief rulez

Comment

Originally posted by Dalai
                  Blizzard games own.

Starcraft ownz.
                  Diablo ownz.
                  Warcraft ownz.

You are all ownz0r3d.
                  Dalai must be bored.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                    Originally posted by Dalai
                    Blizzard games own.

Starcraft ownz.
                    Diablo ownz.
                    Warcraft ownz.

You are all ownz0r3d.
                    Dalai must be bored.
                    Na he is right. And if you never played them, check them out.
                    Deftones

Comment

Originally posted by SeEManN
                      Originally posted by LaughingRat
                      Dalai must be bored.
                      Na he is right. And if you never played them, check them out.
                      I've played Diablo and Diablo II Expansion. They are very good. I'm sure the others are, too.

It's just that we rarely see Dalai post as much in a month as he has just today. So i figure he's bored or something.

Comment

Every games were very good, except WCIII.
                        JM

Comment

Originally posted by Lurox
                          Every games were very good, except WCIII.
                          Chalk up D2: LOD to that list.

More broken promices then a politician's public record.

Comment

I saw WC III FT playing on a friends computer last week (yes, before the release date and yes it was a warez) and it felt it was a good pack although I only saw the 1st mission which had little of strategy but... (Night Eleves again???)
                            I loved Diablo 2, the fact that you had action on the surface aded so much fun. (so much underground fight in Diablo 1 got boring at some time, even if you changed sets). However I was disapointed with LOD because I found the story short (sure its fun to play the whole campaing with the new classes but I already had my character from the original so....). Anyway the scenematics from both games got a high standart when compared with the previous titles.
                            As for Warcraft 3 I must say I have some mixed feelings for it. It plays like a strategy game but it feels more like an RPG or something, a bit like DUNE 1 (not Dune 2 by Westwood, THE first Dune game), still the scenematics were great (i actually freaked out when I saw the prophet, for a second I thought he was Baal :roll: ) and the story had some interesting bits.
                            Now Starcraf is IMO one of the (if not THE) best strategie games ever, the Broodwar Expansion helped to exploit the capabilities to the max, hey it had no epic scenematics but they were awsome ("Looks like you ran through someone's dog..." "Thats not a dog, its a Zerg...").
                            I havent bought the game yet, but I hope it turns out to be a great expansion althouh I have some concerns about the future since Blizzard seems to be putting a lot of work on WOW and already francised Starcraft to produce Ghost.

hmmm, look at the size of this post
                            Feel the power of the

Comment

I was personally highly dissapointed in WCIII. SC had one of the greatest storylines of any game I've played, not to meantion being a hell of a good time. But did anyone else notice that the WIII storyline is simply SC in a fantasy setting? And with all the money they made off DII and and SC, you'd think they'd be able to spring some cash for voice acters that didn't make me want to set fire to the characters.

Comment

Working...
                              X