• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cassandra Project (DeusEx mod) a public release

Fresh and hot for all of you DX fans:
    http://www.deusex-machina.com/cassandra-project/

Stylish quality stuff.
    ops: I'm off to have another try at the 'Danger Zone' and show those dummies what's a real woman. :lol:

"Truth at 30 FPS."
    AlienMode ThieveryUT adaption
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
    Life is a bitch, then you get cancer. One story is good till another is told.

OMG YES !

good stuff

I remember looking at it some time back and it look great....hummmm more DX
    WOOT!!!
    [KYO] - Knock You Out

Comment

OO sounds and looks decent, I may HAVE to re-install DX again.... hmmm

Ta for the heads up
      How TuF are you?
      League of Legends
      Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

I'll play some of that, right after I rip apart LOD patch 1.10.

Comment

Goes off downloading, Deus Ex = bomb

Comment

I don't have Deus Ex.
            JM

Comment

well it looks cool,Deus Ex is one of the best games ever made

*goes downloading*
              Some Skulls are born to be heroes

Comment

A beauty of a mod, even if its only the first part - great dialogue :lol:

Comment

Have you guys played 'HotelCarone' (yup by the carone who's now contributing to TUT) if not I strongly suggest heading here: http://www.carone-online.de/
                  , D/Ling it and doing so. More to do than in the Cassandra release and better quality than the original DeusEx maps.
                  There are quite a few other smaller fan-made missions for DeusEx worth D/Ling
                  but RedSun2020 will be a must once it's released.
                  (They are without a website atm thx to some smart Gamespy folks.. :| )

Comment

I downloaded both Cassandra and HotelCarone. I tried Cassandra first and was put off by the seemingly endless and profanity-laden dialogue. I quit the game and turned to Carone, which hooked me right away. So far, I second Beowulf's recommendation.

Comment

hotelcarone is much better the cassandra
                      Some Skulls are born to be heroes

Comment

While we're at it:
                        ANT-Agenda is another one not to be missed and if only for the gang of guys
                        you meet with near the end.. 8)
                        ( http://www.bigflash.homestead.com/ )

And "ghost in the machine" ( http://www.ghostinthemachine.8k.com/ )
                        isn't out yet -in fact it's a fairly new mod- but looks really promising.

In the original I loved the whole HongKong parts and the break ins in Paris. :grin:
                        Yup, Deus Ex = bomb

Comment

Just popping through the forum as thanks to my sparkling newish Broadband I've finally started playing Thievery. And blimey - a thread about us. Thanks for the plug, Beowolf.

Originally posted by TeeJay
                          I downloaded both Cassandra and HotelCarone. I tried Cassandra first and was put off by the seemingly endless and profanity-laden dialogue.
                          Which is fair enough - the opening of Cassandra is terribly dialogue heavy (more so if you go investigating the thing - some people buzz through the episode in about an hour, but some can take four by going and talking to everyone. But - y'know - we like adventure games) and terribly heavy with fairly strong language.

You may be more interested when episode 2 comes out, which focuses more on the mission - the game was designed so people could, abstractly, just skip all the dialogue and follow the objectives. The weapons are somewhat lovely, and you can get by ignoring all our somewhat wanky pretensions.

(Though, admitedly, even then Cassandra may not be for you. We don't really think of things in terms of "profanity". It's not really a word we understand.)

Though, as people have pointed, there's a far few excellent Deus Ex mods which keep more to the original remit of the game, often linked to the original plot. Hotel Carone is pretty fun, but I personally prefer Steve Tack's ZODIAC (www.planetdeusex.com/zodiac/). The first part is out, and the second is incoming.

To end: Thievery is ace!

KG

Comment

Lemme welcome you.
                            But don't you think you'll get spared just for working on that awesome mod!
                            :wink:

Comment

This is the only post that I've found that LR has not made a post on.

Comment

Working...
                              X