Dear Fellow Thievery Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Fellow Thievery Players

Hello. My name is Garlisk (AKA, Jester, Mad_Bergil, Arbalest, Karn_Evil, The_Trooper, The Trapper, The Broadsword, The Crossbow, and many others...)

I have a lot I would like to tell, a lot of room to do it in, but very little idea of how to say it. Lets just say this is what Sisu would call a "Garlisk Version Update."

The reason I made so many aliases, apart from Mad_Bergil, was that I didn't think "Garlisk" got the respect he deserved for how well he guarded. I thought that if I made a different name, people would see it differently and praise that persons skills. And some did (Arbalest.)
    Also, I myself always talked about what a l33t guard I was. I'm a l33t guard this, I'm a l33t guard that. Well, right now, I'm sorry.

Many of my OTHER names, Karn_Evil, The_Something names, and Jester were made because I didn't want to be Garlisk anymore. I don't know if you all will agree here, but Garlisk has a bit of a taint that I do not like to it. Garlisk is that stuck up, tougher than nails (so he says *snicker*) bastard ego-maniac.

Well, after so many aliases, I realise I can't really escape people knowing who I am, and just start over fresh...so I'm making this post.

When you play me in a game, think of me as a new player, a new personality (don't make a big deal out of that wording, please) and a new style.

There are several factors that led to me wanting to change all the things I've said about myself. One was, I met a fellow named Okih-himus (thats close, at least). This guy is a really nice fella. But he suffers the same problem I did. He's a kickass guard, but he lets you know about it. I hadn't realized how obnoxious that was. Instead of feeling like praising him for how good he did, I felt more like totally taking the next map from him. I now know thats probably what most of you thought about me. Again, I'm sorry.

Another factor was me joining .:m. These guys are great. More specifically, Rodent. He took me on a ride through some various maps, explained the way they worked, showed me tricks and jumps and stuff that I had NO idea about, even after all this time. That made me think. I'm still a n00b. I really have no right to shout my mouth off about l33t skills.

Also, as Garlisk, I had a sort of reputation to live up to. Constantly through maps, I'd feel like, "OMG if I don't kill 2 more thieves people are gonna think I suck, or lied, or that I'm NOT the best guard there is."
    Obviously this created a lot of stress. It would make me feel a LOT better if you would accept my apology.

I used to say "If only people could see me play" because I never got on prime time. I realize now how utterly stupid this was. If people didn't get to see me play because of when I played, then how the hell did I know how good they were. Answer? I didn't. Again, sorry about that.

Now, I have another sort of reputation to live up to. That is of the Mocker's Hawk. I was givin this title when I joined the mockers.

Hawk: The Hawk is the deadliest member of the guild. When discretion, silence and brutal force is required, the Hawk is put into action - and he is willing to do whatever it takes to accomplish his assignment.

Well, I consider that a lot to live up to. Deadliest player of the mockers? What about Yenz, Shug, Rodent, well..hell, all of em. But before I took up my job to become the hawk (a title, which I think I CAN live up to), I wanted to clear myself of this "Garlisk the L33t" thing first.

If you all could just forget that old version of Garlisk, I would be highly appreciative.

I think there was other stuff I wanted to say, but this is the jist of it.

Your bud,
    Garlisk (version 8.234...?)
    Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
    www.usyetzer.com

w00t

Comment

Heh, I'm the one with version numbers biatch!

currently I suffer from a bug regarding the avoidence of AI tag bolts, fixed in next patch i hope
      ~TuF~

Comment

Originally posted by TheMachine
        Heh, I'm the one with version numbers biatch!

currently I suffer from a bug regarding the avoidence of AI tag bolts, fixed in next patch i hope
        Your serial is not in your name so I pwn you :lol:

Funny thing is that I am probably one of the few that hasnt aliased in TUT, I DID change my name once ingame, but it was a too dumb name so I changed it back.
        (anyway if you happen to find a_bug in TUT, its me)
        (oh wait, now it aint a secret anymore AHHHHHHH! )
        Feel the power of the

Comment

I'm quite proud of the way Garlisk/Jester has come along as a player in terms of attitude... and he's now a valued member of Mockers.

Even in the depths of his "arrogance days", he was always quick to compliment other players, so I knew there was hope for him.

Here's to it, Jester!
          Nightmaster,
          .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
          - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

I already knew all that.

I hate it when I'm a thief and my teammate rushes the map and gets everything while I'm getting set up.

The only constant is change.
            (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

This is bullshit. :roll:

All your different attitudes and alias, Garlisk, makes you one special and unique thievery player. It was just so funny to see that Arbalest guy pop up.
              JM

Comment

Yeah... Aliasers suck!...

Comment

So it's taken you, what, half a dozen aliases to learn you can't run from your past? Really, the idea of just changing your name to chuck your reputation is irresponsible. It's running away from the things you've done to other people, and that's the reason I've "outed" you so many times. If you feel you've wronged people, then make reparations and apologies, don't try to pretend you're someone else instead.

That said, I absolutely will NOT treat "Garlisk" as a new player I've never met before. You HAVE a past, and you simply can't ask people to treat it as it never happened. If you want people's respect, EARN it. Change the rep you have, rather than trying ditch it and assume you're starting over squeaky clean. When I actually see the changes in you that you claim you've made, I'll act in response to them, and in the end, you'll command more respect for having cleaned up your act, rather than just starting from zero.

Oh, and don't assume you're a "noob" just because someone showed you some things you didn't already know. You're not. There are LOTS of things that even the most skilled and experienced players don't know, that others do, I'm sure. It just shows that no matter how much you do know, there's always more to learn.

Comment

i dont see what the big deal is... its not like ur that good! i mean cmon..you're no KewlAzMe!

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                      Oh, and don't assume you're a "noob" just because someone showed you some things you didn't already know. You're not. There are LOTS of things that even the most skilled and experienced players don't know, that others do, I'm sure. It just shows that no matter how much you do know, there's always more to learn.
                      Very true. As a thief I use to think I knew pretty much everything... but once I started speccing certain people I learned otherwise.
                      The only constant is change.
                      (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Originally posted by KewlAzMe
                        i dont see what the big deal is... its not like ur that good! i mean cmon..you're no KewlAzMe!
                        Can't argue with that, he's not you. However I can argue about the first part of that line
                        On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Well, this is something thats been bugging me since about ... as long as I've been here, and I finally figured the only way I'm gonna fix it is to make a formal post.

So, here it is.

There really isn't much more to it than that...

See you in game :grin:
                          Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
                          www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Ok
                            Deftones

Comment

I've always thought you were a pretty good lad to play with, and I think you will find, people like Starwhores and anyone else who, at best, has sporadic jaunts to the boards, will say the same, since, ingame you are not the same player as out, fuck me if i know why, but every game I have had with you (alias known or not, till today) has been a good one.

Besides everyone gets to Brag sometime, if you make more of a deal of it than others, so what, you just let the people who don't brag as much get the quiet appreciation factor instead. :wink:
                              Theres more fun to be had from variation than repetition, thats why I prefer online games, and every single quak, crazy, bragart, arrogant, stubborn... (thats you in every one heh :lol: ) etc.. etc.. etc.. human I interact with every day, compared with the sullen AI trodden games that take up some small room elsewhere on my PC.
                              How TuF are you?
                              League of Legends
                              Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

Working...
                              X