Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few Questions

I have 2 questions:

How do I see stats? I went to NetGamesUSA, and a few other sites, but with no success. I also ran a search, but came up empty handed. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Also, I've been trying to make an AYL server, and it currently isn't working as I had hoped. I have a pretty fast connection (DSL), and the ping on my server was great. Yet there was intolerable lag on that server! So I asked a few people, who suggested I change something in the server controls. I think it was Megadeth who told me that one of the settings is at 2000, but needs to be at least 6000 for decent gameplay. I didn't catch what this was though. I'd really like to get this server running, so if anyone has any tips, I would appreciate it.

You also might want to poke LR for access to the server admins forum on Crackaz.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

YAY!!
      An AYL server at last. I'll try to find something to help, Dragon. As for the status, don't worry about it unless you're a DMer. It says I'm #35 but I know I'm #1. 8)
      This is my cool sig.

Comment

The Stats page is...
        http://www.computerandvideogames.com/front_index.php?

Also, about the 2000 or 6000 thing, that is the Max Client Rate....I recommend setting that to 10000. See my post...http://www.thieveryut.com/bb/viewtopic.php?p=1346#1346

Comment

Originally posted by The Dragon
          I have 2 questions:

How do I see stats? I went to NetGamesUSA, and a few other sites, but with no success. I also ran a search, but came up empty handed. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Also, I've been trying to make an AYL server, and it currently isn't working as I had hoped. I have a pretty fast connection (DSL), and the ping on my server was great. Yet there was intolerable lag on that server! So I asked a few people, who suggested I change something in the server controls. I think it was Megadeth who told me that one of the settings is at 2000, but needs to be at least 6000 for decent gameplay. I didn't catch what this was though. I'd really like to get this server running, so if anyone has any tips, I would appreciate it.
          Sign up at the Crackaz site and I'll give you access to the TUT server admins forum.

As for that ping problem... what OS are you running your server under? If it's Win2K or WinXP, there are some known creeping ping issues with the IP driver that comes with UT. There's a patch around here somewhere....

*scrambles around desk*

When I find it, I can send it to you.

*runs off, hoping LM will step in and post the link first*

Comment

You can find the fix for the "Creeping Ping" problem (UT 436) for Windows 2000 HERE. Unzip it in the UT/system directory, and overwrite when prompted.

Hah, I was first!

Comment

Be wary of the maxclientrate thing. If you set it to 10000 and have 8 players on your server, then make sure your server can handle 80000 bytes/sec of traffic, as in just under 80k/sec. If your server can't then you'll find clients guzzling all your bandwidth.

Comment

Will this patch for "creeping ping" work for windows ME? Thats the OS I am using. Also, how do I find out how much traffic my server can handle? I wouldn't want to screw anything up by changing the MaxClientRate until I know it won't do any damage.

Comment

Yeah we need ouyr own guild forum where our guild can communicate. I think its under guilds in the main thievery forum index. U can start an AYL thread there maybe
                  By the way dalai im digging yer avatar

Comment

Dragon: Yes, I believe the patch works for WinME.

Dragon or Katra: About the forum, contact me.

Comment

Working...
                    X