Antero goes CS (no, im not leaving)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antero goes CS (no, im not leaving)

So today I felt like doing something dangerous for a change. I took advantage of Steam and decided to try that Counter-Strike thing that TUT fans "love" so much.
    Right at the 1st minute I realised why rushers are usually associated with CS. I had never seen a game so fast and so bloodly unbalanced. You think the auto-balance feature in TUT is bad? The server I played had an auto-balance feature which activates when a team is winning by 10! (duh!) Continuing on balance it is really incredible how one player can affect the whole game, I played for 2 hours and I witnessed some 10 rampages, and uncountable headshots done by some 4 guys in maximum. Im probably too used to TUT games but in CS you are lucky to have a game that lasts 5 minutes so this is probably the fastest of games I have ever seen.
    Team play in here is IMO useless, no comunication (then again why do you need it? just follow the shots) no strategy its just shot shot shot shit AND shot (and always hearing that quote "Fire in the hole").
    Now dont get me wrong. The game might be interesting but I find it way to fast and confusing. TUT is a lot better and I find no way to compare both. They say its the most played game at the moment, great, that way my depriciation will cause little harm. CS as a MOD is interesting but as a game i find it too warlike. Certainly it ust be very realistic (diferent body damage) but there is that Realsim > Gameplay issue.

Anyway I felt this action need to be purged so I joined a game in Brodys where I had lots of fun.
    As for CS I might try it some other day but it hasnt really made any impression on me.
    Feel the power of the

umpf u played 1.6 Beta?
    Tried it once and it lagged the sh*t out of me - Steam is a dumb thing and i hope it goes down infamously....

Cs "can" be an exciting fast paced Game with fun AND good Teamwork - if u find the right Server.....but i guess the Community is dominated by "1337-awm-bashors"( ), lone-gunmen, flamers, cheaters and so on....

btw what about Thievery 1.5?
    My leet Thievery Map
    My leet UT3 Map
    My leet AS Map

Comment

I play Tac-Ops, which is the UT version of CS, and I enjoy it.

BUT! Its the same problems you mention there.

The reason I enjoy it, is because of the action. Sometimes I need something to get my adrenaline going (Yeah, that happens in TUT also, but usually its over fast and I sit in spec mode for 20 minutes )

Actually, I haven't played Tac-Ops in about a month. TUT just prawns any other online game out there as of now, IMO.
      Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
      www.usyetzer.com

Comment

You forgot to menton the part when the last two people alive start camping... On the opposite sides of a doorway, oblivious to the other's location.

Comment

nah, basecamper-chicken versus afk-for-one-hour is best
          My leet Thievery Map
          My leet UT3 Map
          My leet AS Map

Comment

Originally posted by Garlisk
            I play Tac-Ops, which is the UT version of CS, and I enjoy it.
            Or Navy Seals Covert Operations, the Quake3 version of CS.

Comment

Yeah, the main problem about CS is all the stupid players. Someone here should make a server one day and set the password to ThieveryFanboi or something similar so we can all have a go at CS with (mostly) not-so-dumb people.
              ]V[]V[

Comment

The main problem with CS is the AWP :x

Comment

Originally posted by hAiNeSy
                  The main problem with CS is the AWP :x
                  Well, true dat. The only way I use the AWP is unzoomed. They should replace it with a 'nade launcher.
                  ]V[]V[

Comment

Awp is really a good close quarter weapon... Altough i believe it's meant for long distance sniping (Distance larger then the HL engine can render. )

Comment

I'm certain I've said it before, but... TacOps Beta 2. First game of that variety I played, and I've yet to find one that can match it.
                      Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkBill
                        I'm certain I've said it before, but... TacOps Beta 2. First game of that variety I played, and I've yet to find one that can match it.
                        I didn't really like the feel of TO. If neaither had any idiots, I'd prefer CS.

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary
                          Originally posted by DarkBill
                          I didn't really like the feel of TO. If neaither had any idiots, I'd prefer CS.
                          I've never played either online -- I have no desire to deal with the idiots you mentioned. I've played both on LANs, though, with friends, and TacOps was the most enjoyable. CS wasn't that great.
                          Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

TacOps is too confusing.

Comment

It drives me crazy, when some llama kid runs at me with AK47, starts firing, fullauto, shooting sky and he kills me with haedshot.
                              So much for aiming and 'realistic'

Comment

Working...
                              X