This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large quotes and nested quotes

We've been getting an awful lot of posts that are either one bigass quote of a whole message with one line added to it, or a quote of a quote of a quote of a quote of a quote... etc etc.

please try to curb that. get into the habit, when you post a quote, of deleting anything not important to either knowing what post you're referencing, or what specific part of a quote you're referencing. Also, if you quote a post that has a quote in it, delete the first one, at the very least, and then make sure you aren't quoting a bunch of useless shit after that.

Future abuses of the quote function will mean a warning and eventual ban. thank you.
    I'm not so bad... Once you get to know me.

can we still get the urge to do this out in the 'post thread'?
    http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
    -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
    -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
    -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

if the doing it only in the post thread insures it's not done elsewhere, yeah. if it continues, no.

Comment

Too bad this isn't a vBulletin forum, eh?
        ]V[]V[

Comment

*Applauds* Now this is a nice thread.

Why not try to get them to post images in a thumbnail-way as well? *crosses fingers* (Please, think of the evil side scroller! )

Comment

Originally posted by Thwark
            We've been getting an awful lot of posts that are either one bigass quote of a whole message with one line added to it, or a quote of a quote of a quote of a quote of a quote... etc etc.

please try to curb that. get into the habit, when you post a quote, of deleting anything not important to either knowing what post you're referencing, or what specific part of a quote you're referencing. Also, if you quote a post that has a quote in it, delete the first one, at the very least, and then make sure you aren't quoting a bunch of useless shit after that.

Future abuses of the quote function will mean a warning and eventual ban. thank you.
            I'm cool!

Comment

megadude, are you.... REALLY that stupid?

Comment

Sorry man, but I couldn't resist it....
                I'm cool!

Comment

Thwark, Megadude is ASKING for a ban, can't you see that?
                  JM

Comment

well, i'm not joking, and don't do it again, or you'll get banned again. That's your warning. way to go.

Comment

Oh come on people, it was funny!
                      I'm cool!

Comment

It could have been funny... but it's so ldhat: .
                        JM

Comment

it wasn't particularly funny. it was breaking a rule in the same thread the rule was introduced. Whether because of spite or because you wanted to be funny, you did it, it was stupid and that's that.

Comment

Oh I'm not denying it was stupid, but stupid and funny go hand in hand!

Anyway, I never usually commit the crime in question so I thought I may as well use up my one warning now and get a bit of fun out of it. The temptation to just immediately quote your "megadude are you really that stupid?" post was pretty strong though....
                            I'm cool!

Comment

i think it should also be good to mention that it is NOT necessary to quote the post directly above yours to reply to it. The quote function exists so that people will know to whom you are speaking if it is not obvious, not so you can make the reader read the same bit of commentary twice in a row.

Comment

Working...
                              X