Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, this is it, dudes...

I am... getting a guitar.

1) Which mark should I buy (not too costy either, heh).
    2) Should I practice on my own (I already have the basics, I know how to play guitar) or should I take courses?
    3) Who killed John F. Kennedy?
    4) And finally, just for fun, any easy songs I could begin with?
    JM

Originally posted by Lurox
    I am... getting a guitar.

1) Which mark should I buy (not too costy either, heh).
    2) Should I practice on my own (I already have the basics, I know how to play guitar) or should I take courses?
    3) Who killed John F. Kennedy?
    4) And finally, just for fun, any easy songs I could begin with?
    1) Look at your local hawk shop. Just find a good used one to start with, to find out if you're really gonna stick with it.

2) It's really up to you. Taking courses might be good, but only if you can a really good teacher.

3) Your mom.

4) Smells like teen spirit is a good starter, if you know the power chord.
    The only constant is change.
    (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

1) I already know I'm going to stick to it, really. I have the taste... the LUST... for it.

2) If I can a really good teacher? Re-read yourself, pig. But thanks.

3) So that's why my mom is in prison.

4) Woot! I'll be feeling like Kurt Cobain! (no, I won't die)
      JM

Comment

I just started wanting a guitar myself this past christmas. I too am a beginner.

I bought a Johnson: Guitar in a box. Look on Ebay or goto guitar center. Either way you're spending about $180-$200. But it comes with:

solid form Electric Guitar
        10 watt Amp
        Guitar case
        6 picks
        tuner flute (go on ebay and buy electronic tuner for $15, trust me!)

I think its great, fun to learn on and play around with.

Goto www.guitaretab.com for free music tab sheets. Avoid chords, tabs show you exact fingering, chords expect you know chord fingering.

First songs to learn:

Metallica: Nothing Else Matters (requires no fretting)
        Metallica: One (first few measures of intro) (simple fretting)

Comment

Damn, I thought you were quitting...

I was about to ask you for your stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by tundra
            tuner flute (go on ebay and buy electronic tuner for $15, trust me!)

Real musicians don't need electrical tuners.
            Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
            "Dream is Destiny"
            Waking Life

Comment

Hmm.. I haven't played guitar in years.. When I did, though, I always just hummed the first part of Nothing Else Matters and I was able to tune the guitar perfectly each time.

Comment

Originally posted by Curunir
                Real musicians don't need electrical tuners.

what an utter lie
                I'm not so bad... Once you get to know me.

Comment

Originally posted by tundra
                  Metallica: Nothing Else Matters (requires no fretting)
                  Metallica: One (first few measures of intro) (simple fretting)
                  Nothing Else Matters is easy, even I play more than 8 years, I cant play the whole "One" song properly. Wouldnt start with it.
                  (But I can play Master Of Puppets )
                  Deftones

Comment

1) Buy Fender Stratocastel (expensive one but the sound rocks)

2) A few lessons will be great to do but its better to play on your own and excersise your ear with the music so if you hear a song you will be able to play it by only hearing it and not using tabs... This way need patience and many hours playing...(if you play thievery then you are patient )

3) I killed kennedy

4) If you want to buy electrical guitar then you probably like rock and heavy metal...I suggest you to start with Iron Maiden...its quite easy and a good practise but dont stay there...If you wanna be good guitar player you must get used to all kind of music Trust me ... I had the same bad idea to start playing electrical bass guitar and the only mistake I did was playing all Iron Maiden songs and now its a little difficult for to play progressive metal and most Vizantine music (greek music ) that is way too harder than rock and heavy...

Enjoy music and welcome to the club
                    "What'll we do tonight, RaughingLat?"
                    "Same thing we do every night, Granky, try to take over the world."

Comment

After all, the world definately needs another teenage guitarist. Why not play something a bit more interesting, say, the gamelan for instance?
                      I'm cool!

Comment

You could just pretend you have musical talent and sing all the time like me. Don't have to pay for anything. And if all else fails, you can always sing hardline, since anyone can do that. hah!
                        "Shivers running down my spine,
                        whos blood? I know its mine.
                        -I am The Hunted"

GBH

Comment

Don't bother with guitar, you should learn to play a fat lute instead.

Comment

Originally posted by killed
                            You could just pretend you have musical talent and sing all the time like me. Don't have to pay for anything. And if all else fails, you can always sing hardline, since anyone can do that. hah!
                            I can already sing. That got me a place in some wannabee heavy band.
                            JM

Comment

actually, i had a lot of fun playing the tuning flute that came with the guitar. It was like a little harmonica. Stick to that, throw the guitar away.

Comment

Working...
                              X