Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta love American Politics

http://www.sfgate.com//cgi-bin/artic...417EDT0629.DTL

Unfortunately all the good and decent people want nothing to do with politics.

Stupid Californian's
    - | BlackErtai | -

Comment

You don't need an apostrophe

Comment

it is not apostrophe, it is stretched amoeba

Comment

SF Gate? Are you a local?

Either way, this is good. People need more disillusionment with the gov't and maybe enough people will start to care. I mean, why is there no serious movement to impeach Bush? He LIED! Not about a blowjob, about a war! Ah but war's not as important, right?

I'm tired, off to beddie bye.
          BobTheDog says, "Now you've gone too far!"

Comment

EDIT: NM, I'm not doing politics here...sorry.
            Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
            www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheDog
              SF Gate? Are you a local?

Either way, this is good. People need more disillusionment with the gov't and maybe enough people will start to care. I mean, why is there no serious movement to impeach Bush? He LIED! Not about a blowjob, about a war! Ah but war's not as important, right?

I'm tired, off to beddie bye.
              Because he throws words like God around.

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheDog
                I mean, why is there no serious movement to impeach Bush? He LIED! Not about a blowjob, about a war! Ah but war's not as important, right?
                Impeachment is for when presidents commit crimes, not make bad decisions.
                Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Re: Alpha-Omega
                  That's great!!:lol: Believe me, that sort of thing I think you'll find is the norm and not the exception. And not just in the U.S.
                  Technology encouraging accountability, I love it!!! Hope there's an inquiry and follow up article on the lot of them explaining themselves and backpeddling. :grin:
                  ...and all is silent, save the voice of the clock...

Comment

Here Here !!

The dems have NOBODY to run against bush, besides the fact that hes doing a fine job

Besides, Its the dems who would have to initiate the impeachment process, and their not even smart enough to turn the mic off while snickering over their evil plans to make their constituents suffer. (I can see them now, Pinkies in the corner of their mouths)

All they need now is Ted Kennedy to play the part of fatbastard and their all set.
                    Never let LaughingRat shave your testicles with a rusty serrated knife.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkBill
                      Impeachment is for when presidents commit crimes, not make bad decisions.
                      Lying in order to start a war, and invading another sovereign nation in violation of international treaty is a crime.

Comment

LR wrote:
                        Lying in order to start a war, and invading another sovereign nation in violation of international treaty is a crime.
                        Bush Lied?
                        ...and all is silent, save the voice of the clock...

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                          I think the Constitution was intentionally vague on the subject, the exact phrase as I remember it was "high crimes and misdemeanors". My point was that lying -- even to the American public at large -- isn't grounds for impeachment, or at least hasn't been in the past.
                          Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

I would be curious to see a transcription of the conversations. I would however be surprised if they were doing anything outside the normal realm of politics. We just got to hear them this time.

As for Bush:
                            There has been no proof that Bush lied, just accusations that he knowingly made false statement in his state of the union address. An indeppendent investigation is justifiable. Making a media circus out of accusations is not

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                            ...Lying in order to start a war, and invading another sovereign nation in violation of international treaty is a crime.
                            If that is the case, then there is a problem. The counter point to that might be "What do you do when the governing body of a nation, after being forced out of another nation it had invaded, fails to meet the criteria that allowed it to continue being the governing body? Add to this, sanctions are found to the hurt nation more then they due the governing body. Also consider that the governing body has been caught lying about what it is doing in the past, and there is at least circumstantial evidence they are continuing on this course. In addition, the governing body shows all indications of remaining hostile, and indications start to appear that ties between it and known, active hostiles are beginning to develop."
                            Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
                            Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

Originally posted by Thebos
                              he knowingly made false statement
                              If that's not the very DEFINITION of lying, I'd like to know what is?

Comment

Working...
                              X