Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What you should not do if you are Nvidia (IMO)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What you should not do if you are Nvidia (IMO)

Last night i atended a chat on bjorn3d.com with some guys from nvidia.
    I will not report in full what happened but lets just say that they "ghosted" the toughest questions. Being a nvidia user since I got a TNT2 I must say that this chat made me decide that my next gfx card will be an ATI rather than a nvidia. I had never seen so much trash in my life. Duh, probably im not used to these QA.
    Here is a log from the chat: http://www.home.no/ph0ny/nvidia.txt
    Feel the power of the

ATI crashes too much for me, drivers are junk, Nvidia all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by tundra
      ATI crashes too much for me, drivers are junk, Nvidia all the way.
      ُ_ش

You might wanna get a radeon then...

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
        NVidia is still much better about driver updates. You're lucky to see three a year with ATI. NVidia releases new drivers nearly every month.

Comment

Isn't it the other way around with driver releases? Been a while since I had to check for NVidia releases, but ATI recently went to a once every 4 week schedule I believe.
          Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
          Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
            Originally posted by Master-Builder
            NVidia is still much better about driver updates. You're lucky to see three a year with ATI. NVidia releases new drivers nearly every month.
            Then i most be lucky...
            At least i've been downloading a new ATI radeon driver once around every month.
            They went from 2.0 to 3.6 since i got my 9700pro late january, and unlike Nvidia they keep their driver version simple.... no going from 32.23 to 34.54 to 42.21 to 43.55, or whatever they may be.

On top of that, you get a full changes list with your drives unlike Nvidia that just pumps out beta after beta. And when they release a WHQL driver they just inform you of the fancy features and percent number without any references... You might get 50% better performance with these drivers... They just forgot to write it was only in one specific program or something like that.

Comment

Damn d/c flooders.
              ]V[]V[

Comment

I took out the channel messages and put the log here.

Edit: link fixed(no direct linking allowed)
                Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Originally posted by Salvage
                  I took out the channel messages and put the log here.
                  broked
                  And those messages are there cause some ppl used them to post their thoughts about the session
                  Feel the power of the

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                    Which means my computer gets all messed up about once a month...
                    It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

I have purchased 4 nVidia cards (5 if you count the onboard graphics on my nForce mobo ), dating back to summer 2000 (all of which still work I might add), and have been very pleased with all cards 3D performance and compatibility in both Linux and Windows. Unless this trend changes in the near future then I could care less about "tweaks" in a benchmark and the purchasing trend will continue.

What's more, until ATI has acceptable 3D drivers for Linux then I will not even consider purchasing one of their cards.
                      No Linux, No Choice.
                      Know Linux, Know Choice.

Comment

Originally posted by BiG_D
                        Which means my computer gets all messed up about once a month...
                        You know, I used to have similar problems in Windows, but I have never had these problems in Linux. Shouldn't Windows share the blame?
                        No Linux, No Choice.
                        Know Linux, Know Choice.

Comment

I never update my drives unless I have a prob in the first place

I follow the "if it isn't broke, you arn't trying," theory.

I mean, "don't fix it"...
                          Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
                          www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Antero90
                            And those messages are there cause some ppl used them to post their thoughts about the session
                            You mean such as "FUCK YOU NVIDIA FUCK YOU NVIDIA FUCK YOU NVIDIA FUCK YOU NVIDIA FUCK YOU NVIDIA FUCK YOU NVIDIA "?

I can live without that crap.
                            Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Thats because released a poor card this time around(kinda of embaresing when your competior is kicking you ass with tech they have had out for a year and at lower clock speeds)

But really they just screwed up big time this time around. Better luck next gen imho
                              ZT

Comment

Working...
                              X