• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/11 game....

http://www.kinematic.org/911game.html

It seems to be a mod for UT2K3.

unbelievably sick.

i have a friend with a poster of the twin towers exploding. thats sick.

the fact taht someone is making a fucking game out of it pisses me off.

even if it turns out to be original or even fun, i would not recreate something like that.
    "Tyler sold his soap to department stores at $20 a bar. Lord knows what they charged. It was beautiful. We were selling rich women their own fat asses back to them."

Comment

Oh, but bulletproof, you and others of similar sentiment are opening a can of worms here. I realise 9/11 was a very recent tragedy and immense in proportion to other tragedies that have happened throughout history - but morality and squimishness hasn't stopped game-software manufacturers from exploiting those battles, wars, streetcrimes (urban), etc, etc of days gone by for their games.
      Look at CS and I could repeat your disgust. Look at WW2 mods and games. How about that game (forgot its name) where you run over as many people on the streets as possible for points?
      Yes, the introduction of this game at this time or any time may be in extremely bad taste given the nature and 'close to home' aspects, but hell, this hasn't stopped any game creators in the past. Yes, its true that those other games are more 'generic' perhaps more generalised and far removed from the present as well as perhaps not being as obviously clear regarding 'specific incident'... but that doesn't change the distaste and ignorant disrespect, or make it any easier for many to swallow and put up with.
      Part of me is wondering if this is for real... because I have a strange instinctive sense that there is an alterior motive behind this project, if just to make a blatant 'in your face' point to the gaming community about where there should be a line drawn, if any, in regards to the subject matter used as the basis of a game platform for entertainment - but ofcouse, I can't prove it and I would just be accused of being paranoid, so I'm probably way off base and should just assume that some people are just cold exploiters of other peoples pain - after all, its just a game!!!. If it can be claimed that a line has been crossed, then perhaps it is here... or is that hypocrisy....or does it really matter?
      I find this very interesting and am very curious as to how far this game will be taken, and whether it will be successful or no. My guess is that it will not make it into the market openly, only underground, and even then I think it may be 'shut down' wherever it is found to be downloaded. I'm not personally judging the creation of this game as 'right or wrong' morally quite yet, I just want to observe what will develop from the controversy it will inevitably spark. (But it does, no matter what, turn my stomach no matter how impartial I try to be. )
      ...and all is silent, save the voice of the clock...

Comment

Originally posted by SiLeNt_NiGhT
        How about that game (forgot its name) where you run over as many people on the streets as possible for points?
        Carmageddon.

Comment

How is this on a different level from WW2 games? People end up playing as Nazis online. Is that more acceptable because it's old news?
          BobTheDog says, "Now you've gone too far!"

Comment

Diffrent? well WW2 was almost 50 years ago, this was 2 years ago.
            But the guy was in the WTC on that day and you can read his story in the "home" link, so its basicly his recreation of how he had to survive and get out the twin towers. Read the details, use cellphone for light and water for health, gas masks, hankerchiefs to protect you from smoke, so this mod should be intresting for some of us.

Comment

It sounds like a really exciting game, and cleverly realistic.

I quote, "Cell Phone - functions as light source, but doesn't dial". GENIUS.

Comment

I wonder why nem came in here just to post this...
                Maybe it has aimbot support?

Comment

I don't think you can use a aimbot in a survival game, its pointless.
                  Sorry MB.

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
                    I wonder why nem came in here just to post this...
                    Maybe it has aimbot support?
                    Honestly, I'm wondering if it even is Nem. The form and writing style are all different.

Comment

Comment

Completely tasteless. Not saying the others are much better, But atleast theres actually a game involved.(carmageddon and vice city excluded)

How much actual gameplay is there ? How long could this be fun ?

I mean C'mon, Some of the respawns have no chance at survival ? How many times are you going to complete that one.

My wifes grandfather was at iwojima, cant even talk about it let alone discuss a computer simulation........... It really makes him want to cry. They call this trauma.

Theres probably 20-30 thousand traumitized New Yorkers.

How long to you thing it will take to have this sued out of existance ?

Overall, Not a very well thought out venture.
                        Never let LaughingRat shave your testicles with a rusty serrated knife.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                          Honestly, I'm wondering if it even is Nem. The form and writing style are all different.
                          It's the Nem I love (is a non-sexual blah blah way)
                          ]V[]V[

Comment

I never knew you felt this way about me Mortal Monkey. :lol: :grin:

Comment

The reason WW2 games are ok is because you play as nazis fighting in a war. It's not Jew shooting gallery.

Comment

Working...
                              X