Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/11 game poll - Would you play?

Okay, just out of curiosity!
    Read all the options and be honest. Don't comment if you don't feel comfortable.
    Absolutely! Sounds like an exciting innovative, and possibly educational idea.
    0%
    if the creators tone down the gore and violence and make it more a 'generic' rescue game
    0%
    if it is just a single player experience with nothing distastful or offensive
    0%
    iffy...I'd like to wait and see before I judge the idea as in bad taste or immoral
    0%
    This is deplorable and sick. There is nothing redeemable about this idea. Ban it!
    0%
    ...and all is silent, save the voice of the clock...

I would play it, but it just doesn't appeal to me.
    JM

Comment

I might, if I actually had time.
      The only constant is change.
      (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Originally posted by CrouchingDork
        I might, if I actually had time.
        Total posts by CrouchingDork: 2307
        "Tyler sold his soap to department stores at $20 a bar. Lord knows what they charged. It was beautiful. We were selling rich women their own fat asses back to them."

Comment

Heh. And how many in the past few days? I just got a job.

Comment

Sure...but would I be allowed to take over the plane and crash it? Yeah...and be talking to my other buddies a cute Barbie walkie talkie? Or would I be one of the people who has to finish all my work in two minutes and escape from the building? Hmm...sounds quite interesting.

Comment

Really depends on whether the game/mod is actually any good.
              Which is doubtful........Certainly compared to Thievery anyway.
              Immortius' Forge

Comment

Why would answering such a question make you feel uncomfortable?

In relation to creating a mod such as this, many games already in circulation are based upon this terrorism theme. Its nothing new.

Comment

Well, based on terrorism is one thing, but specifically basing it on a single, real-life and fairly recent event in which lots of people died? Any sane person can see that this would spawn controversy, even if they themselves didn't feel it was wrong. The only reason to do this would be to gain a whole lot of publicity (which seems to be working). :roll: You would think if the game was any good there would be no need to do it at all...
                  Immortius' Forge

Comment

so if it's good, it's not controversial. if it's not controversial it's good? Where's the logic in that? I know about a dozen famous comedians and filmmakers who would disagree with you.
                    I'm not so bad... Once you get to know me.

Comment

Well, there are games based on terrorism, but I don't think the 1337 Kr3w and the French GIGN ever duked it out de_dust style in real life.

It actually doesn't seem all that bad. Seems like a tasteful rememberance. Not something to turn into one huge joke, like so many others have.

Comment

Ok.. i blatantly disagree with the 7 people who said this is immoral. We make WWI and Hiroshima games, why is that ok if not this? i htink it depends on hte messae of hte game. it'll take a lot of time to make it not immoral, or jsut the right programmers to d othe job.

Also, it's usually the media that makes it bad/a joke. Not the general view of the people.

In all, it's al right but it depends on many circumstances.
                        "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Rad, yu imght wann lsow dow n wehn you'r ypingt.

Comment

Hiroshima game ? What hiroshima game ?
                            Never let LaughingRat shave your testicles with a rusty serrated knife.

Comment

You got some major spelling errors there, CD.

Comment

Working...
                              X