Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Late joiners! The vote comes to the people!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late joiners! The vote comes to the people!

It has come to my attention that lots of people enjoy latejoining; the act of delibrately waiting till the 15 second (or whatever) startgame timer is up, and then joining the team of their choice without possiblility of getting autobalanced.

What's your word on this? Maybe if there's an overwhelming response...

Note that this does not apply to people that innocently join mid-game. Don't be silly.
    It's great, I latejoin all the time so I get to thief
    0%
    I latejoin, but only because there are no rules against it, or if I really want to thief a map
    0%
    I'm guilty of latejoining occasionally, but could live without it
    0%
    I don't latejoin, but I really don't care if other people do
    0%
    I don't latejoin, and despise people that do.
    0%
    My name is Benny
    0%

People complain if I late join as a guard.

Comment

I have a bug, I see the buttons after ca. 20 sec. But I play g t g t g t g. Latejoiners suck.
      Deftones

Comment

Same as SeEManN, I really try to play Guard, Thief, Guard, Theif...

Latejoiners, and the suck-ass team balance that is currently in effect is the single aspect of the game which makes me angry and stops me from playing. I dont want to guard frikkin 3 times in a row and then theif on a map i dont like just because somebody wants to theif all the time... even when it's "fair" teambalance always pushes somebody over.

The balance should take into account what you have been over the course of the last few games, it wouldn't be that much extra memory useage, even if you kept the past 10 games, an IP address with a G or a T or a 1 or a 0, whatever. The system could work on a idea of "credits" for each time the player guards he is given a credit, when he thieves, he loses one. Upon teambalance the credits for each player are compared, I honestly dont care HOW it's done, just as long as it is.

Latejoiners should either be excluded from the game or forced to pick the side they were NOT on last game, or based on the stats held allowed to join the other team. I mean, c'mon, its not like you can't watch the game.

The Bug that SeEManN and a few others had should be discussed in the tech help forum, compare systems and configerations, isolate the problem.
        ~TuF~

Comment

Originally posted by SeEManN
          I have a bug, I see the buttons after ca. 20 sec. But I play g t g t g t g. Latejoiners suck.
          I have the same bug with SeEManN. When the map changes, or when I enter a game, I can only see the join button only after the game has already started. Even when the players talk or say "Hi Judge!" I can't see their name, only "Some taffer said: Hi Judge!" and it really sucks.

Other than that, I don't really have to care about latejoiners since I most of the time guard, but I suppose it IS lame to do such a thing... almost as lame as Omega trying to pwn me

I voted "My name is The_Judge"... oh wait it doesn't say The_Judge it says "Benny"! AARRRRGGGHHHH!!!
          I Need Training!

Comment

On brodys server I have to wait ages before I can join. It just says 'please wait' and I can see all the other people talking as 'some taffer'. I have a 900mhz computer. Except starwhores I noticed also complaining about this everyone else had already started. So I was always thief but no one seemed to complain anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by SimpsonsChristmasBoogie
              On brodys server I have to wait ages before I can join. It just says 'please wait' and I can see all the other people talking as 'some taffer'. I have a 900mhz computer. Except starwhores I noticed also complaining about this everyone else had already started. So I was always thief but no one seemed to complain anyway.
              If I weren't rushing the objectives, I would have complained.

Comment

Where's the "I latejoin when I gotta take the pizza out of the oven just as the previous map has finished"?

Oh, and
                Originally posted by The_Judge
                Originally posted by SeEManN
                I have a bug, I see the buttons after ca. 20 sec.
                I have the same bug with SeEManN.
                You can't see SeEManN's buttons before 20 seconds?
                ]V[]V[

Comment

Yet another reason to avoid playing on public servers.
                  Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Hmm... didn't know you could do this with late-joining. Thanks for the tip! If it weren't for you, I'd have never known!

Comment

Come in late,....spectate!!
                      ...and all is silent, save the voice of the clock...

Comment

I get into the habit to ask if it's ok to join a game already-in-progress.

Also, it seems that sometimes i can't join a game at all, becausethe button's never appear, unless i give some strange command in the command prompt.

I don't care if latejoiners exist: it's never worked for me and probably never will. What bothers me more is when people complain and constantly persist that "they ruin the game". No, YOU ruin the game by not playing, only complaining.

My 5 cents.
                        "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

i voted my name is benny, but it's not, it's my dad's name
                          This is my cool sig.

Comment

I wish my name was benny... :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by Radamanthus
                              What bothers me more is when people complain and constantly persist that "they ruin the game". No, YOU ruin the game by not playing, only complaining.

My 5 cents.
                              Here Here !!

I see your .05 and raise .02

I like to guard, Why, Its easier for me thats all.

Fire bolt is my best tool, I dont feel I firespam, yet People whine if you shoot more than two fire bolts..(irregardless of howmany times you hit the fuker)

I figgure, you screw up as thief and make yourself known, your S.O.L. anyway.

I dont shoot unless I've made a visual on a thief, but bitching still occours. Go figure.
                              Never let LaughingRat shave your testicles with a rusty serrated knife.

Comment

Working...
                              X