Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to these projects? (big pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to these projects? (big pics)

I was looking through the old screenshots (the funny ones where Aqutone had a bathroom and such) and came across some evidence of a few ancient mapping projects that seem to have never been released/finished.

Apparently an aearly shot from th-district, called th-dockside at the time (i think)

Wow. nice. What happened to this?

What happned to this beauty?

Brilliant! I love it! Lost city is wondrous! Why would anyone want to stop something this great?

(if images don't work, go to http://www.thieveryut.com/screensold.htm)

If these maps exist and are completed, PLEASE! release them.

If interest has been lost, i know a few bored mappers...
    yes
    0%
    no, give them to bored mappers to finish
    0%
    "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

The first screenshot of from a docks level, I don't remember the name though. The level wasn't really started, it's very alpha.

That second screenshot is from TH-Sword, I believe. Project halted and stopped, and man that shot looks empty, the main floor texture sucks.

The third screenie is just a show off of the paintings and textures.
    JM

Comment

Patience young Taffer... Patience.

(Altough you may wait... A long long time for the maps)

Comment

Lurox, the first one says it's from th-dockside. another screeenshot of the map says it became th-district which was released when 1.2 was still at large.

Must i repeat those last two lines?

Originally posted by Radamanthus
        If these maps exist and are completed, PLEASE! release them.

If interest has been lost, i know a few bored mappers...
        Yes. That's a major hint.

If th-Sword has been stoopped, I'll finish it!

Or LostCity for that matter *looks around enviously*
        "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Aqua still has a bathroom.

No, these project should not finish, nor would they have to be given to bored mappers. Theres no option for that so I did not vote.

Comment

And whatever happened to that chain map?
            Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Last time I checked the TuF Mapping Forum, Chainsaws said that the Chainmap was still being worked on.

Comment

What do you mean Omega? That these last few projects on the above list are dead? just Pfft: no more? No CPR?

They're so beautiful.. they need to be finished.

Comment

I believe the third screen shot is actually an early dining room from TH-Grange.
                  Nightwarden,
                  .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                  - "Earth dons the red; calls the maggots."

Comment

Originally posted by shadow rodent
                    I believe the third screen shot is actually an early dining room from TH-Grange.
                    I heard it was just a show off pic.
                    JM

Comment

Originally posted by shadow rodent
                      I think Lurox is right on that one. I recall the mapper saying it was just sort of a test room to show off the painting textures and what you could do with tile floors or some such.

And yeah, Sisu, TH-District has seizure-inducing properties played online. If that were fixed, it would probably be quite a good map.

Comment

Have you not seen it Sisu? It's available in the Downloads section on the Crackaz site. I think some of those other, lesser sites might be hosting it, too....

ToB maps

Shadowguild files

Comment

Originally posted by DarkBill
                          And whatever happened to that chain map?
                          Umm... It was short a few links.

I've got no idea if its being worked on anymore, although I've still got the old versions lying around. The simple fact of the matter is probably that anyone who is a skilled mapper is working on a map of their own and has no time, while anyone else needs practice. The level was beginning to look a little ugly (ignoring the pit with the Willow texture and spiders at the bottom).
                          Immortius' Forge

Comment

the screen shots are cool!
                            Good bye!
                            Aurevoir!

leaving

Comment

Of course they are, dear. It's thievery developpers made.
                              JM

Comment

Working...
                              X