n00b help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• n00b help

hey i'm a n00b and therefor alittle new to this whole thing, and because of that i have a few questions:
    1. it is done, right?
    2. do you need to pay 4 anything other than the UT software?
    3. and any other advice that you could give me would be a great help.
    thx
    "When it is difficult to put someone to the sword with one hand, by all means kill him with two hands"
    Miyamoto Musashi

1) It's not finished, but it's in a fairly advanced "beta". It's more playable than many commercial games, and not lacking any features.
    2) The mod itself is completely free.
    3) Don't get discouraged by the high learning curve of this game -- it's great fun.

And a random question for you: does your name come from the Deathgate books, or is it merely a coincidence?
    Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

why yes it does. so nice to know people who know of them.
      but is it possible for me to play thievery?
      "When it is difficult to put someone to the sword with one hand, by all means kill him with two hands"
      Miyamoto Musashi

Comment

If you have an ok computer, UT, at least one intact limb and access to the net, you should be able to play thievery. Just download it from the main site.
        Immortius' Forge

Comment

thank you for the help i hope to see you guys on it soon.
          Miyamoto Musashi

Comment

Originally posted by zifnab
            why yes it does. so nice to know people who know of them.
            I'm more a Dragonlance fan, but I've been meaning to read the Deathgate Cycle for a while. I've got the first one at home, I think.

Told ya, LR. ^_^
            Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

www.tearsofblood.com for all your tut and tut mapping needs
              http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
              -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
              -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
              -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

Here's a tutorial on how to install ThieveryUT: http://shadowguild.net/tutorials/4

Comment

i would definitely read chainsaws tutorial and the one on shadow guild.

http://www.thieveryut.com/

http://www.geocities.com/swissmercenaryd2/AGUIDE.doc

http://www.tearsofblood.com/maps.html

read as much as you can before you play. Its worth it!

Comment

Check this one out too:
                    http://www.thieveryut.com/bb/viewtopic.php?p=49841
                    Nightmaster,
                    .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                    - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Welcome to the community zifnab. Have fun.
                      I Need Training!

Comment

If you are new to the TUT community I'd suggest that you first pick up the role of a thief. Sit on high dark ledges and snipe AI or BJ whore.

It's what all the noobs do.
                        "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Gerbil
                          If you are new to the TUT community I'd suggest that you first pick up the role of a thief. Sit on high dark ledges and snipe AI or BJ whore.

It's what all the noobs do.
                          MG, are you implying that you were a BJ whore? Or, are you implying that you were amazingly skilled, right when you started thievery? 8)

Zif, welcome to the community. Ignore MG's suggestion. What you should istead do, is read the tutorials, and watch 2-3 rounds. After that, follow a thief. Try not getting caught. Communicate with him, like - I'll lure, and you KO.

Comment

I have only a few words of advice, dude:

Never go out of your way to kill a guard. It usually ends up with your own death instead of his.

Play your first few maps sa a guard online, and stick wiht an experienced player. get to know the map and feel free to ask a few questions: how do you do that, what's this for, etc.

Once you get to know the maps, go thief and do the same. It'll be easier to do so later in the game, when you have watched the teefies hide in the corners, and know the good hiding spots.

Then go on your own steam. It still may feel better to work as a team, and then it's no biggie, go ahead and do that. But when you can survive awhile by yourself, you'll no longer be a noob.
                            "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Have fun in thievery. If you see people whine ( Me for example ) It's the best to ignore them . Some people just expect fair play, instead of low blow tactics. And that pisses some people off big time.
                              On the other hand, some people use the whining to get people out of their concentration and by doing that have a better chance of succes. ( note, this is a joke )

If you have a wierd sense of humor, it's the best to keep your mouth shut as I have seen. If people misunderstand it they will get angry. Either keep your mouth shut, or print in giant letters it's a joke.

Anyways .... have fun :grin:
                              On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Working...
                              X