Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • immortius
    • Jan 2003

Feel free to spectate. You can learn a lot from spectating. I mean follow-cam though, you don't learn very much as a rat (except what is written on sole of a guard's boot).
    Immortius' Forge

Comment

• The Dragon
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by PhaeThorn
      On the other hand, some people use the whining to get people out of their concentration and by doing that have a better chance of succes. ( note, this is a joke )

If you have a wierd sense of humor, it's the best to keep your mouth shut as I have seen. If people misunderstand it they will get angry. Either keep your mouth shut, or print in giant letters it's a joke.
      Haha Phae, that post is really ironic.

Anyway, welcome to the game, zifnab.

Comment

• Swiss Mercenary
        • Jan 2003

Oh, I forgot, since you registered on the forums, you have to send me your membership fee. 2 bottles of kvas (In an icebox), as well as a 20$ registration fee, 5$ per month membership fee, and a 30$ leaving fee. The money will go to ummm, Thievery Developers Charity. Yeah...

Comment

• LaughingRat
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by DarkBill
          Told ya, LR. ^_^
          Heheh. So did Zif, in private correspondence.

Comment

• Mad_Gerbil
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary
            MG, are you implying that you were a BJ whore? Or, are you implying that you were amazingly skilled, right when you started thievery? 8)
            Neither.
            I took the road dictated by honor and virtue.
            It was a tough road, but worth it.
            "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

• Swiss Mercenary
              • Jan 2003

You mean that when there was nobody playing, you guarded, when there were no thieves?

Comment

• DarkBill
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary
                You mean that when there was nobody playing, you guarded, when there were no thieves?
                No, he just didn't see us.
                Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

• zifnab
                  • Jul 2003

alright thx. everyone for the info, i look foward to playing as soon as i can grab me a copy of whatever i need.
                  "When it is difficult to put someone to the sword with one hand, by all means kill him with two hands"
                  Miyamoto Musashi

Comment

• Radamanthus
                    • Jan 2003

Are you online yet? i actually want o see you play (which is new for me, i dislike follow-cam spectating)
                    "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

• zifnab
                      • Jul 2003

not yet, just got UT, starting to install and download crap
                      "When it is difficult to put someone to the sword with one hand, by all means kill him with two hands"
                      Miyamoto Musashi

Comment

• DarkBill
                        • Jan 2003

I'd suggest playing the maps in solo mode a couple times before venturing online.
                        Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

• LaughingRat
                          • Jan 2003

DarkBill's suggestion is a very good one. At least run through several of them solo first, with the time limit set to 0 (no time limit), so you can take your time and get to know the map. It's a lot easier getting to know a map that way than under the pressure of actual play.

Comment

• zifnab
                            • Jul 2003

ok, it's intsall time
                            Miyamoto Musashi

Comment

• zifnab
                              • Jul 2003

up and ready, prob won't get to any multi. games but never know
                              if anyone cares i'll prob be going be zifnab in the game
                              Miyamoto Musashi

Comment

• Thebos
                                • Jan 2003

Only advice I can give:

Guard plays like most other FPS.

Thief is different- Still need to move quickly, but also patience and planning. You may be able to fight your past a (human) guard or two, but in the end strategy wins the day.

Map knowledge is crucial

Playing against the AI becomes rather easy in the end, once you have some basic skill and knowledge of the maps. Playing against humans changes everything.

Just in case you did not know, there are no Thief AI's. just guards.

Hope to see online soon!
                                Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
                                Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

Working...
                                X