X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gerbil Gets Lucky

No..no, not THAT kinda lucky.

The RLF sorta lucky.

[Unnamed and skilled thief] had managed to steal the lyre out from under my nose early in a game of Nostalgia. Unfortunately, his buddies died so he had to try and come up with the rest of the loot on his own. He managed to quite skillfully grab the monies he needed to win.

While he was busy with that I found a stray vine to the wall/roof escape they like to use on that map. I went up there and shadowslashed for a bit but it was empty. I removed the arrow.

Then [Unnamed and skilled thief] got enough loot and I heard another arrow. Since it was total darkness he was confident enough to greet me kindly while moving totally unseen across the roof. I used my patented Gerbil Sense(tm) and managed to slash him and he responded with a flashbomb. I hit him 3 more times, however, and then lost him.

Seconds later with my site back I knew he must of jumped down to the lower roof to make an exit so I jumped down there into total darkness and slashed one last time.

Guards win.

I'd have to say that there is probably my luckiest game (with the possible exception of killing three thieves at once on Asylum in total darkness) to date. There are those who think shadow slashing is clueless nOOb material, but I believe I've taken it to the next level.

The monies found on this thief will be used to feed poor gerbils fresh Cheese Nip crackers and alcohol free Beer Cheese Soup.

Viva Rebellion!
    "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Originally posted by Mad_Gerbil
    No..no, not THAT kinda lucky.
    Ah, thank god! I thought you were going to bring up one of those stories...

Comment

Shadow slashing is NOT n00b stuff. It takes skill and thought to perform it without getting KOed.

No, i'm not kidding. You have to know when to turn and where to hit without getting your head caved in. Taking brief glimpses of thieves, and trying to guess where they'll be based on that...

Good work, Gerbs!
      Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
      www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Kill these thieves! 8)
        JM

Comment

Originally posted by Garlisk
          Shadow slashing is NOT n00b stuff. It takes skill and thought to perform it without getting KOed.

No, i'm not kidding. You have to know when to turn and where to hit without getting your head caved in. Taking brief glimpses of thieves, and trying to guess where they'll be based on that...

Good work, Gerbs!
          I think the SSing people have problems with, is when the guard hasn't seen/heard a thief, but is running through shadows, slashing like crazy.

Comment

Uh, this so called skilled thief should have just koed you. A guard wondering around in complete darkness ssing is asking to be put to sleep.

By the way, watch those innocent, stray vine arrows. More often than not they're used to fool an unsuspecting guard into elevating himself 10 feet above the ground. A thief then promptly removes the arrow as the guard attempts to mantle, and Mr Gerbil falls flat on his face to the amusement of the escaping thief.

:grin:

Comment

That works very well on Nostalgia when climbing the really tall wall to escape. Just let the guard get *almost* to the top and *frob* wheeeee *splat*

Comment

GET BACK IN THE BOX

I mean

hey

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary
                  I think the SSing people have problems with, is when the guard hasn't seen/heard a thief, but is running through shadows, slashing like crazy.
                  that's my brother :roll:
                  This is my cool sig.

Comment

That was me.

You lucky idiot.
                    The only constant is change.
                    (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Working...
                    X