want guard voice files converted to mp3, wav, or wma format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• want guard voice files converted to mp3, wav, or wma format

Yes, the files in the tut folder for the guard taunts and just general sayings are .uax. I was wondering if somone had a means of converting, or unzipping these files into stuff i can use. for example, i would like to change my windows setting so that when an error pops up, it says in the german guard accent "zis is few u!" or somthing like that .

Takers anyone?
    "It is truly a shame that the guards must be kept from the very tools of thier proffesion, but such blatant misuse of gas arrows cannot be tolerated. Alas, that poor burrick..."

I like to call it... Ued.

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
      I like to call it... Ued.

(Load the UAX, export individual samples to .wav)

Comment

uhm, hmm

I just want to add that some cool unique sounds (song in bourgeois, folly) are inside .unr maps, so you have to open the maps and export from them

Comment

Originally posted by Sisu
          Verbose answer:
          You? Verbose? NEVER!!

Comment

Could I do this with UMX, too?

I want to make a CD of UT music to play in my CD player, but as far as I know my CD player won't play umx...
            Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
            www.usyetzer.com

Comment

UT music is in various kinds of Screamer tracks... Not wav or mp3. So, while you can export them, it's not really into a much more usable format.

I recommend you get the .umx decoder for Winamp, off the www.winamp.com site, and then use the built in diskwriter to make them wave files. (See in options, under "Output")

Comment

I have the decoder...I can do that?
                www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sisu
                  ARe you speakin' to me? Of course not, I'd never Take five thouSand characters to post a little response, unless you'rE making a sarcastic comment pertaining to my extremely small posts.
                  Your apostrophes are misplaced.

Comment

Originally posted by Garlisk
                    Could I do this with UMX, too?

I want to make a CD of UT music to play in my CD player, but as far as I know my CD player won't play umx...
                    .umx filas are IT or S3M files with some stuff placed before s3m/it header. I used to convert unreal umx files by deleting the first x bytes from them and then it can be played by any it/s3m player

Comment

What kind of files can a standard (non-comp) CD player play?
                      www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Only CD tracks unless you got one of them new fangled mp3 players.
                        Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Lotsa a new DVD players, Discman, normal cd players can play Mp3 files off the cd.

Comment

the guard voices are wavs in the UAX files or the U files (maybe). The music is in UMX files. you can open UMX files in ModPlug's editor, from there, you can save them as either wav files or MP3s. Standard CD players play cd music files. most new burner programs can convert mp3s to those filetypes, and all burner programs can convert wavs to that. (CD Music files, however, are not technically wav files) The music, though, is mostly loop-based, so making a CD of it would be more difficult than you think.

fun fact: a lot of thievery's music is made of wav loops that were shoved (kicking and screaming) into IT files, they are not really made the same way your average IT or s3m files are made.
                            I'm not so bad... Once you get to know me.

Comment

thanks guys! check back for any problems i might have when trying to do this. I have to leave for work soon but will do this when i get back home
                              "It is truly a shame that the guards must be kept from the very tools of thier proffesion, but such blatant misuse of gas arrows cannot be tolerated. Alas, that poor burrick..."

Comment

Working...
                              X