Fate of Thievery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fate of Thievery

Last edited by Sisu; 4 Aug 2011, 12:25 AM. Reason: Scrubbing online presence.

NightBlade has elements of Thievery in it, but all in all it is very different than Thievery. I have a feeling there will still be a crowd that plays Thievery and Nightblade, some that plays Nightblade, and some that stick with Thievery. Thievery is still alive and kicking IMHO.

Comment

Kinda how Tribes is alive and kicking?

Edit: Kicking as in, deathbed convultions.

Comment

The difference is that Tribes 2 was a remake of Tribes.

Comment

Let's examine the NB features

* New player models. - Same.

* New medieval themed maps and meshes. - Same.
          * New player physics, allowing the player to mantle up ledges and lean around corners. - Same.
          * Intense third person melee combat with a variety of weapons, including axes, swords, daggers, maces, etc. - More weapons then TUT!
          * Ranged crossbow combat with a variety of bolt types, including fire, ice and poison gas - More bolts then TUT!
          * A stealth system for the thieves to hide in shadows and become invisible. - Same.
          * A variety of gametypes, including:
          o Guild War - the Bloodstone Guild and the Blacktooth Rogues compete against one another to raid part of the city. With bases at either end of the map, loot and the AI City Guard in the middle, the thieves must sneak and fight their way to victory, grabbing what loot they can, while protecting their own stashes. - Thievery team thiefmatch.
          o Arena - violent 1 on 1 and 2 vs 2 sword combat across a variety of arenas. - Joke servers for Dming
          o Quest - 1 to 4 players join up to cooperately search the city and outlying areas to discover the 4 pieces of the Nightblade. This gametype will feature a variety of foes and RPG-like character improvement. - Co-op.
          o Thieves vs Guards - a classic gametype where a team of player controlled thieves must outwit the player controlled guards and get the loot. - TvG

Nightblade = TUT, but with more, cooler features. And a sweet new engine.

Tribes 2 = Tribes, but with more, cooler features. And a better engine.

Nightblade = More focused on combat.

Tribes 2 = More focused on defense.

See where I'm going.

Comment

New player models. - Same. -- No, models in NB are new and different.

* New medieval themed maps and meshes. - Same. -- NB maps are waaaay cooler.

* New player physics, allowing the player to mantle up ledges and lean around corners. - Same.
            * Intense third person melee combat with a variety of weapons, including axes, swords, daggers, maces, etc. - More weapons then TUT! Yeah, well... what did you expect?
            * Ranged crossbow combat with a variety of bolt types, including fire, ice and poison gas - More bolts then TUT!
            * A stealth system for the thieves to hide in shadows and become invisible. - Same.
            Actually, that's wrong. The hiding system in NB is way better, because even a partially visible thief would remain invisible to some people.

o Guild War - the Bloodstone Guild and the Blacktooth Rogues compete against one another to raid part of the city. With bases at either end of the map, loot and the AI City Guard in the middle, the thieves must sneak and fight their way to victory, grabbing what loot they can, while protecting their own stashes. - Thievery team thiefmatch. No. The point in TM was to kill the other thieves.
            o Arena - violent 1 on 1 and 2 vs 2 sword combat across a variety of arenas. - Joke servers for Dming I don't think many people will really want to use this gametype.
            o Quest - 1 to 4 players join up to cooperately search the city and outlying areas to discover the 4 pieces of the Nightblade. This gametype will feature a variety of foes and RPG-like character improvement. - Co-op. Yes, players go through a RPG environment to find the Nightblade. It's different than coop because it's really a quest.
            o Thieves vs Guards - a classic gametype where a team of player controlled thieves must outwit the player controlled guards and get the loot. - TvG Couldn't forget classic thievery, huh?
            JM

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard
              I have a feeling there will still be a crowd that plays Thievery and Nightblade, some that plays Nightblade, and some that stick with Thievery.
              If Nightblade has as much atmosphere and similar game-types to Thievery, I don't see why I'd continue to play both except for the occasional game with people for the sake of reminiscing. I think the player numbers in TUT will drop to the point where it won't be fun.

This means our guild focus will probably switch over to Nightblade. Obviously we'll have to read more about it and play it before the final choice is made, but there you go. Time to start saving for a new video card and UT2k3/4
              Nightmaster,
              .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
              - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Originally posted by Lurox
                New player models. - Same. -- No, models in NB are new and different.

* New medieval themed maps and meshes. - Same. -- NB maps are waaaay cooler.

* Intense third person melee combat with a variety of weapons, including axes, swords, daggers, maces, etc. - More weapons then TUT! Yeah, well... what did you expect?
                Actually, that's wrong. The hiding system in NB is way better, because even a partially visible thief would remain invisible to some people.

o Guild War - the Bloodstone Guild and the Blacktooth Rogues compete against one another to raid part of the city. With bases at either end of the map, loot and the AI City Guard in the middle, the thieves must sneak and fight their way to victory, grabbing what loot they can, while protecting their own stashes. - Thievery team thiefmatch. No. The point in TM was to kill the other thieves.
                o Arena - violent 1 on 1 and 2 vs 2 sword combat across a variety of arenas. - Joke servers for Dming I don't think many people will really want to use this gametype.
                o Quest - 1 to 4 players join up to cooperately search the city and outlying areas to discover the 4 pieces of the Nightblade. This gametype will feature a variety of foes and RPG-like character improvement. - Co-op. Yes, players go through a RPG environment to find the Nightblade. It's different than coop because it's really a quest.
                o Thieves vs Guards - a classic gametype where a team of player controlled thieves must outwit the player controlled guards and get the loot. - TvG Couldn't forget classic thievery, huh?
                Of course the models, weapons, and all that stuff is NEW AND DIFFERENT.

What I meant was: It has the same features as Thievery, with a few new ones, and a newer engine.

Comment

humm, im mapping too and i understand sisus concern....whats the point in making a map for a mod that (in the worst case) will be dead in some time....so when will NB be out? Judging by the screens its very advanced (IMO)...can one say mapping for TUT is a waste of time now?

Ok enough of mourning and complaining NB looks great
                  My leet Thievery Map
                  My leet UT3 Map
                  My leet AS Map

Comment

Nightblade isn't out yet, and you might as well finish your TUT maps while TUT is still played.

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
                      Nightblade isn't out yet, and you might as well finish your TUT maps while TUT is still player.
                      It seems like people think this MOD is nearly done.

Well, it's not. There's still a lot of mapping, a lot of coding and a lot of tweaking left.

Comment

On a related topic, how hard would it be (assuming it is even possible) to rip out all but the barest structure of UED2 map and convert it to UED3?
                        Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
                        Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

Originally posted by Thebos
                          On a related topic, how hard would it be (assuming it is even possible) to rip out all but the barest structure of UED2 map and convert it to UED3?
                          You can export all the brushes from Ued2 to Ued3... Kinda like doing a Thief to Tut conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
                            Originally posted by Thebos
                            You can export all the brushes from Ued2 to Ued3... Kinda like doing a Thief to Tut conversion.
                            does that require retextureing again? -_-
                            http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
                            -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
                            -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
                            -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

Well I agree with SchweizMercenary.
                              Thievery::UT
                              Nightblade::UT2k3/4

But I don't think people should just leave TUT and abandon all projects. Does anyone see a download of Nightblade available? Me neither. Until then, let's keep TUTting.
                              BobTheDog says, "Now you've gone too far!"

Comment

Working...
                              X