Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terminator 3: The Rise of the Machines!!1!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminator 3: The Rise of the Machines!!1!

Saw it. Loved it. Eagerly waiting for the T4.

P.S. The T-X model is... yummy :grin:

P.S.2 I know TheMachine will love this movie!
    I Need Training!

Originally posted by The_Judge
    P.S. The T-X model is... yummy
    And she happens to be norwegian!

I must say, I liked no. 2 a lot better, but still I can't wait to no. 4.

Comment

I like T2 more too, better plot. But that things with cars in T3 are great.

Comment

I thought T2 was better.
        Linda Hamilton was fantastic and the complexity of the Insane Asylum and so forth was a great deal of fun.
        "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

T1 was always my favorite. I like man vs. machine more than I like machine vs. machine. Besides all that.. arnold makes a much more intimidating bad guy than the last two baddies.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarvis
            T1 was always my favorite. I like man vs. machine more than I like machine vs. machine. Besides all that.. arnold makes a much more intimidating bad guy than the last two baddies.
            Meh, that's just the fight scenes. T2 actually had a plot, and an interesting one. T1's "plot" was basically just an excuse for a bunch of fight scenes. That's why T2 is the vastly superior movie, IMHO.

Comment

What I like about T1 was the style and flavor of it all. It was dark most of the time, the good guys never felt like they had much of a chance yet they fought anyway. The flashbacks that reece had of the war seemed deeper and more meaningful despite the lack of superior special effects.

T2 had to much of Arnold with goofy catch phrases, linda (can't remember her last name... Sarrah Conner) Didn't pull off the "tough girl" role well IMO... it seemed to forced, she did better with her persona in the first (except when she too whipped out a stupid catch phrase as she crushed the terminator).

On top of all that... its comes down to style. Kyle Reece "fought" by being sneaky. He would hide when possible, when forced out of the shadows he would hit then run. He relyed on wits and skill, which as a thievery player and a sneak myself... I find much more appealing. In T2 Arnold would stand in the open getting drilled with bullets all over the place while blasting away with machine guns or a shotgun.

Sadly movies these days aren't filled with sneaky heroes. There are a few, and I look up to them, but I've had enough of the beefy macho action hero.

Thank you for listening... this has been Jarv's opinion. Tune again next week, same place and same time, for more useless banter.

Comment

So what did you think of "The Last Action Hero", then?

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                  RFLOL
                  TEH SUQ!
                  "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Gerbil
                    RFLOL
                    TEH SUQ!
                    I thought it was very good, actually. The reason it didn't do well is that the audience that went to see it went thinking it was an action film, which it wasn't. It does a very good job of playing with and pointing out the "standards" of action films, though, and of making fun of them.

One of my favorite parts was the Jack Slade (played by Arnold Schwarzenegger) comes face to face with Arnold Schwarzenegger, who offers him work as a promotional double. Slade retorts "I don't like you very much. You've made MY life a living hell." Be interesting to see what other movie characters would say to the actors that play them, if they could.

Comment

Its been a long time since I've seen that movie so I hardly remember anything about it. I liked it at the time though. Of course that was before I began to appreciate the underdog so much.

Comment

I went to a pre release Terminator marathon in a bio. Saw all 3 in one night.

Comment

Man, I love all those movies, equally! hence the name 8)

I liked no.1 because of the man vs machine, and Arnie actually had to "search" to find them, plus you get to see the terminater in full at the end chasing them, abiet badly animated it's a great great section of the film which back then really amazed me.

Great films, yet so sad that we enjoy such a bleak outlook on life
                          ~TuF~

Comment

T3's a great film if you want to see "Blowing Shit Up"*

Burdcheese likes explosions...

*gramatically should be "Shit being blown up", but that would just be messy
                            "Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Gerbil
                              RFLOL
                              TEH SUQ!
                              I thought it was very good, actually. The reason it didn't do well is that the audience that went to see it went thinking it was an action film, which it wasn't. It does a very good job of playing with and pointing out the "standards" of action films, though, and of making fun of them.

One of my favorite parts was the Jack Slade (played by Arnold Schwarzenegger) comes face to face with Arnold Schwarzenegger, who offers him work as a promotional double. Slade retorts "I don't like you very much. You've made MY life a living hell." Be interesting to see what other movie characters would say to the actors that play them, if they could.

I too have to agree. Although meant to be fantasy-magical, and comical at parts, its meant to show the constant movie stereotypes & ridiculous display of Hollywood regarding: California Girls, 555-XXXX Phone numbers, Amazing stunts, wild car chases, and Endless Ammo. All while still holding on to a plot of its own, by making fun of these aspects and putting them in to real life vs movie.

Comment

Working...
                              X