Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ... my coach.

I hate my coach.

Ok, soccer game tonight. I show up, practice a bit, we get our positions, and the game starts. We have no subs, while the other team has four. I'm right defense, defending against some freakin' athlete. That same guy sprinted past me twice and ended up scoring. Of course, guess who's fault it was that I didn't stop him, even though there was no defence to back me up, and our goalie sucks.

"JUSTIN! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?"

Ok, shut-up asswipe. The stupid coach is yelling at me to "STAY ON YOUR MAN! PLAY YOUR POSITION! DON'T LET THE BALL BOUNCE! FIRST TO THE BALL! PUSH UP!". Now, how the hell am I supposed to do all of those at the same time?

Half-time, he takes our team over to the corner and starts yelling. I get my fair share of his blast. Well, he gave it, but I pretty much ignored him. He's yelling at me like I don't try, when I was sprinting so freaking hard and stopped so many breakaways that I was having leg spasms by the end of the game. I don't know what he's thinking, but he can't seriously think yelling at us is going to help us.

Our assitant coach is probably worse though. He doesn't yell quite AS much, but the fact that he seems retarded makes up for it. Once, he wore a towel on his head for some reason, and this game he got kicked out for arguing with the ref... as a COACH. I swear, our team would be better off without coaches.

Ok, I feel better now. Carry on.

:gulp:
    The only constant is change.
    (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Good thing MY football coach ain't a dumbass...
    JM

Comment

Well, if the coach keeps yelling at you, look at this way: He feels you can do better so he is trying to help you in stereotypical, annoying coach, fashion. I would be worried if he puts you on the bench most of the game and does not say a word (read: he has given up on you).
      Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
      Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

Heh, yeah. I had a basketball coach once...nicest guy you could ever know, but he only played me about 5 minutes in each game. At the time, I knew NOTHING about basketball and was intending to learn. Instead, I just got sat while those who already knew about it played.

I'm half decent at pickup games of basketball now, though...

My point being, be glad you get to play period.

My sport used to be baseball. I was really good at that, until I got hit in the head by a pitch... That knocked me out, and caused a concussion. I haven't played organized ball since.

Once again, be glad you get to play at all.
        Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
        www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Garlisk
          My sport used to be baseball. I was really good at that, until I got hit in the head by a pitch... That knocked me out, and caused a concussion. I haven't played organized ball since.
          It all makes sense now....

Comment

Well obviously I'm gonna get to play when there's no subs.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
              Originally posted by Garlisk
              It all makes sense now....

I was figuring on that. It might even be true. But, considering how many ways my life is messed up, I doubt thats the half of it. Maybe in another *check callender* 1 and a half years I can explain it
              Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
              www.usyetzer.com

Comment

When I was in 8th grade I was over 6 feet tall and so I had to play basketball. I hated it with a passion, in fact, I hated all team sports since I sucked at them really bad and just couldn't perform. I finally jammed my finger one day in pratice and quit because it was the kinda pain I never wanted to feel again.

As dumb as it sounds, TUT caused me to see a team in a whole new light. Part of the reason I harped on teamwork so much is because for me (nearly 20 years after High School) the concept was as startling and fresh as spring.

The RLF was made up of players that to a man (and woman) were better TUT players than myself. Even though I was the weakest player on the team this time around it didn't bother me because I was actually getting a great deal of joy from other people's abilities. I wish I could feel that way about all of life. (Yes, a real life lesson from a stupid video game)

Anyways, learn to enjoy your teammates. Go out there and have fun. Those games mean nuthin' if they aren't fun.
                "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

Of course, I know that Gerb.

That's why if my coach yells at me next game, I'm going to debate him into the ground, tell him where to stick it, and quit.

8)

Comment

Well CD I think your coach was too kind with you. If you did such a thing here the coach would start yelling and swearing (Greeks swear very much with no reason at all ) at you for at least 10 minutes, but that's very funny if you think about it for a second. Just go to play soccer and have fun with your friends. That is all that matters. You don't need to argue with the coach at all, just give the best performance you can and be happy about it. And if you don't listen to me the at least listen to Sisu's coach: GET THE LEAD OUT!
                    I Need Training!

Comment

I know Judge. But it's the fact that he's an idiot, and doesn't even know how to coach soccer and has no strategy whatsoever that pisses me off. He puts all our crappy players on forward, and then wonders why we never score.

Comment

Sounds like Mr. Lewis.

AM i right, all you D-town boyz?
                        "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Working...
                        X