Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donations Button?

This may or may not be a good idea, but:

A lot of forums sites have Paypal links for donations on the home page for those that wish to donate a little bit of moola for all the work being done on a free site and a free game. I for one would be willing to chip in a few bucks to help with site costs, and development time, and I think if most of us chipped in a few bucks then it would help out the developers taking time to do this game for us. It wouldn't be like thousands of dollars or nothing, but a little appreciation.

No thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dalai
      No thanks.
      But, but he's offering you free money....

There's no convincing some people :wink:
      One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
      -
      The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Chainsaws
        Originally posted by Dalai
        No thanks.
        But, but he's offering you free money....

There's no convincing some people :wink:
        One of the possible reasons that Dalai might not want a donations button, is because it might make him feel that he owes something to the donators - it could begin to look as if people are buying favours. Oh, and what if we have to ban one of the donators ;/

Comment

Let's all send flowers to dalai, especialy the flowers he is alergic* to :twisted:

* = Don't nitpick bout the spelling
          On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary
            One of the possible reasons that Dalai might not want a donations button, is because it might make him feel that he owes something to the donators - it could begin to look as if people are buying favours. Oh, and what if we have to ban one of the donators ;/
            Anonymous donations....
            The only constant is change.
            (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Originally posted by CrouchingDork
              Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary
              Anonymous donations....
              One possibility.

Comment

He would still feel obligated to do stuff.

I wouldn't accept donations to do TUT comics (not that I think you'd send em, this is an example) because then I would feel I'd HAVE to make them on a regular basis. I wouldn't want that pressure along with everything else I do.

Maybe Dalai feels the same way.
                Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
                www.usyetzer.com

Comment

yeah, I get the reasons he wouldn't want to...hence the
                  One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
                  -
                  The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

Oh. I thought the wink was for offering something else for free...

Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
                    www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Oh look, Tundra is still posting. Is he now KewlAzMe? Sry Im outdated.
                      Deftones

Comment

That was a little OT, and thank you for your concern. But NO Tundra is still not Kewlazme, hell seeman you should know, you taught me when i first started.

Comment

Dalai doesn't want money because he would have to pay about 10000 times the amount he would earn. Legal issues! AM I RIGHT OR AM I RIGHT?
                          I Need Training!

Comment

Originally posted by tundra
                            That was a little OT, and thank you for your concern. But NO Tundra is still not Kewlazme, hell seeman you should know, you taught me when i first started.
                            Yes sure, I do believe you. But there was this big thread that your are banned on all servers. If everything is cleared up Im sry. Just wanted to know.
                            Deftones

Comment

It's just hassle. Who gets the money? How do you divide it up in the team? Once money gets involved, people start to argue and turn into filthy scum capitalists. No thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X