Bill's Ghosting Server (tonight!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill's Ghosting Server (tonight!)

Tonight I'll be hosting a server for ghosting games. It will be marked as private and be passworded, however it's essentially a public server -- almost anyone reading this is welcome there. The password is present so that nobody can join without having read the rules, or at least had the chance to.

This will be a strict ghosting server. So in addition to the standard server rules, thieves are expected to ghost, that means no killing or KOing guards. Accidents do happen, but if you aren't ghosting, I will ban you without thinking twice about it.

On that subject, the standard banlist applies. There have also been a few additions of lame players who haven't been banned (yet), I'm trying to make this a decent and friendly server. Lameness will get you banned from the server, as will being a fuckwit.

Enough with the harsh admin stuff. I hope to have a great time tonight, and if the server is popular enough, I might think about making it more permanent. If anyone has any questions, I'll answer 'em here.

Times: The server will come online between 7:00 and 8:00 PM EST, and remain online until I decide to shut it down. ^_^

Server Name: Bill's Ghosting Server (Private)
    Type: Dedicated (non-listen)
    Max Players: 10
    Connection: fearable
    Maps: All official maps in rotation, all fan maps in TurfWars are available
    Mutators: None
    Password: ghost
    Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Have you considered running the ghost mutator, just to add weight to the server rules?

Comment

i'll be there

unless...i pass out or get the urge to watch fight club again :grin:
      http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
      -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
      -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
      -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
        Have you considered running the ghost mutator, just to add weight to the server rules?
        No. I don't like mutators, and since either I or another admin will be present at all times, it won't be an issue.
        Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Bill,

I cannot be there until 9:30 EST.
          Please keep playing until at least then...
          "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Gerbil
            Bill,

I cannot be there until 9:30 EST.
            Please keep playing until at least then...
            Will do. I doubt it'll end before eleven or midnight.

Comment

Why don't you just say no aliases allowed, and then you don't need to worry about lamers. Since new players won't know the password anyways....
              The only constant is change.
              (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Originally posted by CrouchingDork
                Why don't you just say no aliases allowed, and then you don't need to worry about lamers. Since new players won't know the password anyways....
                Forgot to mention that -- please, no aliases.

Comment

I don't know if I can make it tonight, but if I'm there... I'll be there.

The only constant is change.
                  (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Originally posted by CrouchingDork
                    I don't know if I can make it tonight, but if I'm there... I'll be there.

My alais will be Crotching_Gerbil.
                    "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

I don't really consider Moridin an alias, so... :wink:

Comment

Chances are I won't get the chance, but if I do, I'm there.
                        Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
                        www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Sounds like fun to me!
                          Still -)(The Chosen One)(-

Comment

it is now 7 43 pm EST and no server

what's going on?!

Comment

Starting it now, sorry for being late.

Comment

Working...
                              X