Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lately

Lately I've been getting home from work tired after a long day. I log into Thievery usually and play a few games. At this point in my TUT career I'm not really interested in forming a team, organizing the guards, or doing anything related to strategy.

I firespam.

Its mindless, doesn't require alot of skill, and sorta funny.

Tonight The Machine was on a ledge and I pumped six bolts into him and he was pretty upset. We all get upset at that game at times. I don't hold that against him. I know others aren't fond of it either.

There was a point when I was interested in making the game better, thinking about strategy, organizing a team, and otherwise putting thought into the game. That was a good time characterized by the formation of and fine members of the RLF.

That time is past.

Typically I just feel like messing around. Firespam or DM whoring (attempts =P) or full crack loadouts or even full water arrow loadouts pretty much characterize my play. I don't mean to make anyone upset, I'm not trying to rage, I'm just killing time while waiting for Horizons to come out.

There was a time when I was concerned about RLF reputation and thoughtful play. Mostly now it's just doing dumb stuff with people I enjoy. I'm playing to relax and be stupid which is to say that I don't take the game, the results, or anybody's actions seriously anymore.

Please don't be offended or bad mouth the RLF.

I'm tired, trying to relax, and waiting for a chance to log into Horizons.
    I hope instead of getting mad we can just mess around with the game for a bit and I'll be gone as soon as they release that stupid game. (Oct 28th or so).
    "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

I never mess about on public servers. not

Comment

Play how you want Gerbil, and if they whine, firespam them some more.

Comment

Horizons? Is that a projectname for Nightblade i'm not aware of??...

Comment

Hey MG, thats cool, too bad you didn't get to use your loadout on me tonight, Hah, you did say you bought a firespam special just for me. Maybe next time. I was ghosting.

Comment

If you want to mess around and not take the game seriously why not set up your own server? I'm not trying to be a smart ass, I'm being serious. I know Sneaky did it at some point and a lot of players enjoyed it.

As a player I think:
            The problem with what you're doing is that a lot of players, myself included, like the competition this game brings. Wasting a teams lives by messing around ruins the games for these players many times. It's probably the source of the anger you're seeing.

As a admin:
            The server I help admin is for friendly competetive play. I don't mind joking around or fooling around but when players start getting pissed off that's my problem. If you're only interested in fooling around and not taking the game play seriously then please stay off of our server and setup your own server for messing around.

Comment

...Go home gerbil...
              ~TuF~

Comment

Indeed, if you don't want to rage but you know people will take it as rage, then don't do it. Simple as that. Play a game normal, not out of boredom.
                On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Originally posted by TheMachine
                  ...Go home gerbil...
                  Yes, and play thievery with us.

I haven't even seen you once yet.

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
                    Originally posted by TheMachine
                    ...Go home gerbil...
                    Yes, and play thievery with us.

I haven't even seen you once yet.
                    Read the first post in the topic and be glad.
                    On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Ladies and gentlemen! Hurry! The anti-gerbil bandwagon is leaving in 5 minutes!

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
                        Ladies and gentlemen! Hurry! The anti-gerbil bandwagon is leaving in 5 minutes!
                        Pushes driver from bandwagon seat....

"I'll Drive"

~TuF~

Comment

I have nothing against this firespamming. I remember a game on Nostalgia where he and 2 other guys guarded. I sniped the AIs and every time MG came I killed him with my sword. A firebolt-only user has no chance against a sword thief. I killed all guards with 3 lives.
                          But what Gerbil last night did sucked. Not the he only killed himself several times to get new bolts, no he even killed himself just to get a repair-tool.
                          Deftones

Comment

I'm glad to see that someone is keeping the "Latest person at whom people are getting pissed at" seat warm.

Comment

Originally posted by SeEManN
                              I have nothing against this firespamming. I remember a game on Nostalgia where he and 2 other guys guarded. I sniped the AIs and every time MG came I killed him with my sword. A firebolt-only user has no chance against a sword thief. I killed all guards with 3 lives.
                              But what Gerbil last night did sucked. Not the he only killed himself several times to get new bolts, no he even killed himself just to get a repair-tool.
                              Yeah, I killed myself to get a repair tool because my team needed it.
                              Incidently, the match you are complaining about.... the guards won. We had about 8 cluesless AI wandering around at that point so using a life to get desperately needed flares to find the last two theives was a good move. Oh wait, I forgot, I should have left a bunch of clueless AI there for you to run past in total darkness.

And no, I didn't intentionally kill myself 'several' times. The whole of yesterday I killed myself maybe twice outta 5+ hours of play to get new bolts.
                              "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

Working...
                              X