Slick moves thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slick moves thread

Post here the slickest (coolest) move you've ever done in TUT as a thief.

Once I was trapped in the study in asylum by 2 guards. One was chasing me around the room and the other was blocking the door (the other was locked).
    After dodging the pursuing guard a couple times, I ran over to the blocked door, quickly opened it and then hopped onto the nearby table. Then I jumped over the door blocking guard's head, closed the door in mid-air and made my getaway.
    <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

Guards can do slick moves too. Here's the proof.

Once when I was guarding on folly, I had someone use the V12US method against me. I had run fresh out of bolts, so I couldn't get passed his blockings. I improvised and drove him down a set of stairs. Then I ran back up the stairs, jumped down and mario'd the pesky thief. Shock and awe ensued.

Comment

Great Stuff:

Clariff: Scored a double mario on Asylum. Me and another guard were chasing him up the vent ladder and he got the both of us in a single leap. Only double mario of which I'm aware.

Myself: Recently I was running towards down the dark upper path on Spider when a guard rounded the corner. I lept over his head as he was coming up the ramp and mantled onto the ledge above him and kept on running like he wasn't even there.

Myself: I knew Alpha-Omega had my number on Spider so I went weaponless and ran past a red spider. It followed me down the hall. I ran straight at AO and he ran straight at me. I flashed him as I ran by and the spider did the rest.

Best Personal Game Evah: I was left against 4-5 thieves on Asylum and the other players were already talking about the game being over. I managed to kill all 4-5 of those thieves one right after the other.

Best Memories: Playing with other RLF against Wraiths. Those game were so tense and fun and represented the apex of skill when it came to guarding and thieving. When people can ghost against the best guards in the game you KNOW they got da mad skillz.

Along the ghosting line, I am most proud of the game (in turf wars) where the Wraiths ghosted Asylum against FAG. It was art, it was poetry, it was the kinda game that makes all the garbage worth while.

I think as I shift through all the trash talk, baggage, cheating, raging, and nonsense that gets carried along with this game I think the real life lessons I take away are the absolute joys a great team of great people can be! It restored my faith in the concept of 'teamwork'. Likewise, in future games I won't take the material so seriously that it turns into anger, hurt feelings, flamewars and the like.
      "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

Pfff.

I once shot Freaky accidently in complete dark. I never thought there could be a thief. He had all the loot and we won. Yes Im so skilled.
        Cant remember more.
        Deftones

Comment

Originally posted by SeEManN
          Cant remember more.
          Maybe this is why?
          Originally posted by SeEManN
          ~~ sMoKe dA GaNjA ~~

Comment

Thief: The map was Beorgious (sp ) and I was right outside the front door with another thief. 4 or 5 guards came out, 2 human. The thief ran arond back into dark area, KOed a guard, and died. I hid in the lamp shadow, and in the confusion they hadn't noticed me. As they walked by to go back inside, I KOed the first AI, KOed a human, threw a flash, KOed another AI, another human respawned in the 3rd AI...and I slid around the thin shadow enough to KO both remaining humans. It took all of about 10 seconds to KO all thse guys, too. I think only one had a helmet.

Guard: Map was Skeltstonshead. Grey_Fox was last remaining thief, and was sniping guards from the middle house roof (the one the trampoline shoots you to...over the secret doors.) I was all the way in the back of the map on the boxes. We didn't know where he was, and then I saw where a shot came from. I fired onto the roof (this is LONG distance...) and saw blood fly. I saw him stand and move,so I adjusted my aim, and fired. I still don't think he knows how he died.
            Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
            www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Flats:

Down to two thiefs and several guards. The other thief has enough loot to win solo but fails to make it through the guards defences. I pick up enough loot while the guards fortify the exit area. With a minute left, I prepare to make my move. I am healthy and have two invi and a cat. Thinking the game is over, one of the guards boastfully cries "To bad, I wanted to see him try to get through our defences." Others concur. I swallow an invis and the cat and make my move on the ground ( the guard up top maiking the other route difficult). I jump a trap or two and quickly realize all the exits have a human or AI in them- all save one covered with crates. I swallow the second invis as the other is about to run out. Arrows fly to my location, the guards hearing the me drink the potion. I run for the crated exit only to trip off the whistler behind them. I've been made, adn the gaurds are closing in on my position. Time is also running out. It matters not however- I simply remove the top crate and crawl over the others and the whislter. "Thieves Win" plasters the screen of some very surprised guards.

Really was not that tough, but the cockiness displayed by the guards made the win that much more satisfying :twisted:
              Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
              Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

Originally posted by Garlisk
                Thief: The map was Beorgious (sp ) and I was right outside the front door with another thief. 4 or 5 guards came out, 2 human. The thief ran arond back into dark area, KOed a guard, and died. I hid in the lamp shadow, and in the confusion they hadn't noticed me. As they walked by to go back inside, I KOed the first AI, KOed a human, threw a flash, KOed another AI, another human respawned in the 3rd AI...and I slid around the thin shadow enough to KO both remaining humans. It took all of about 10 seconds to KO all thse guys, too. I think only one had a helmet.

Guard: Map was Skeltstonshead. Grey_Fox was last remaining thief, and was sniping guards from the middle house roof (the one the trampoline shoots you to...over the secret doors.) I was all the way in the back of the map on the boxes. We didn't know where he was, and then I saw where a shot came from. I fired onto the roof (this is LONG distance...) and saw blood fly. I saw him stand and move,so I adjusted my aim, and fired. I still don't think he knows how he died.
                Hah, I did something similar yet different on skelltston once.
                I was a guard and the map spawned in the iron house (far north east), so I was guarding that area when I saw a guard duking it out with a DM thief on the roof above the southwest dockhouse. Now that is a looooong distance, so I readied a tagbolt, raised my crossbow towards the roof and fired. Hit the guard right in the back, and with his newly gained tag he managed to find the thief and kill him effortlessly (is that a word?).

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
                  Hit the guard right in the back, and with his newly gained tag he managed to find the thief and kill him effortlessly (is that a word?).
                  Yes it is.

As long as we're talking about incredible shots....

In a practice once, Entropy was hiding on the roof of the canopy house in Skelts, on the side facing the ocean. Agg, on the ground over by the iron house managed to fire a shot that arced over the roof, and hit and killed Ent, who wasn't even visible due to the roof being in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                    Originally posted by -=V12US=-
                    Hit the guard right in the back, and with his newly gained tag he managed to find the thief and kill him effortlessly (is that a word?).
                    Yes it is.

As long as we're talking about incredible shots....

In a practice once, Entropy was hiding on the roof of the canopy house in Skelts, on the side facing the ocean. Agg, on the ground over by the iron house managed to fire a shot that arced over the roof, and hit and killed Ent, who wasn't even visible due to the roof being in the way.
                    Wow, that sounds really amazing, hehe...

Wasn't there a guard who sniped a thief to death on Gerome by shooting bolts over the house into the garden on the other side? Long time since I've heard that story, but it's of the same amazingness... (now I'm quite sure that isn't a word!).

Comment

Another amazing shot...

Nos roof, 3 DMing thieves, and me and my Arbalest loadout (only bolts and para). I killed one trying to KO me, and killed a second on a missed shot at the first, who tried to hide. The 3rd KOed me managed to KO me when I ran out of bolts and tried to retreat.
                      Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
                      www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Thief: Every time i sit in the same room as the guards... Most recent of these was on korman were i had sneaked trough the upper floor window, shot a whistler that was placed in front of safe without making it go alert.
                        Then placed myself ontop of safe in the corner... Waiting... For it to be safe to pick the lock. Unfortuanetly 2 guards decided to throw in a few crates, caltrops and the guard the room. Eventually both guards were crawling on the safe with a crate.... Me sitting in the corner. They were both on the safe for about a minute before one proceded. The other guard then decided to make this room a storage room for potions and stuff... He dropped some HP's and some misc stuff. IT was then he noticed that the whistler had been turned off, and promtly proceded to repair it....
                        Me and my sucky DM skillz trough to knock him out but only broke his helmet... Oh well, Flashed him and snatched the potions and ran like a mad out the door. Running like a mad past guards i somehow made it over the caltrops and past 2 guards after having returned to the top of the hedge i drank the guards HP he had "left" for me, and was back at full health.
                        (No names... But it was rather "experienced" guards...)

Guard: "Garlisk?" or "Grank?" was the last thief alive in Nostalgia. Standing on the stairs in the lobby i saw him over in the dark area, fired a firebolt at him which made him flee for the front door. I ran up the stairs and dropped down the big hole in the entrance, planning to get close to him again... However i got a little to close and the poor got marioed... loosing the game for the thieves.

Comment

In the days of 1.1 I was the last thief on Korman and had one ruby and the loot. The last ruby was in the church and so were 3 humans guards and I think 2 AI. They had a few whistlers and several mines and caltrops. I was in the top window that looks down over the church awaiting an opportunity to make my move.

I sniped some of the guards from up there and then one of them decided to get on the chandeliers and snipe back. He climbed up the chandelier chain and started to snipe and I sniped back. We both ran out of bolts and when he was climbing down the chain he slipped and cratered. This caused all of the AI to go crazy and the human guards to get a bit confused. I quaffed a invis and cat and fell through the window and grabbed the ruby and out the door on the left and out of the exit. I had little time left and suprised everyone including myself.

In the Grank vs KYO match I marioed 2 guards in about 10 seconds on a ladder. I also got a mario on Lurox in the back of the guest house. PWNED!

In a CTG practice we were playing Gerome. We had all of the loot but they had holed up in the library. I went by the secret door to the library and made a bunch of noise and got an AI to open the door for me. I KO'd the AI and read the evidence and ran out before the humans knew what happened. It was an easy exit from there.

Comment

A long time ago in Korman, I was on the upper floor of the rectory, waiting outside the door of the bedroom that leads to the balcony (opposite the one with the fireplace). I was crouched just past the door, all the way into the corner of the hallway. Back in 1.1 the ruby often spawned in that room. Since this was the case, it was being heavily guarded, and around that door was a high traffic area. Eventually, that little area became crowded and, to let another guard pass, someone tried to move into the corner I was hiding in. Obviously not being able to, he tried jumping into the corner and managed to climb onto my head. After leaving, he proceeded to do whatever he was doing before. During the match I had died, so I told him what had happend. After a "ROFL" he admitted that he thought he had found a hidden ledge.
                            <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

Comment

Originally posted by Grank
                              In a CTG practice we were playing Gerome. We had all of the loot but they had holed up in the library. I went by the secret door to the library and made a bunch of noise and got an AI to open the door for me. I KO'd the AI and read the evidence and ran out before the humans knew what happened. It was an easy exit from there.
                              Love that trick, used to use it all the time before people figured it out.
                              Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Working...
                              X