Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just saw Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just saw Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon...

I thought it was OK...

The story was so-so (as best I could follow it, at least)
    The fight scenes were some of the best i've seen (especially the sisters going at it.)
    BUT! The "matrix moves" stuff looked kinda cheesy. Mainly, the flying. I can take gravity defying jumps and wallwalking, and stuff like that...thats cool...but flying..thats so "superman" superhero stuff...

Like I said..fight scenes were awesome though.

Note: I didn't see matrix: reloaded, which I think has flying in it, but they recognise it as "superman" right?
    Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
    www.usyetzer.com

Wha?

Oh, I thought I saw my name. :?

Comment

Jeez, he can't even remember what his name is.

It's "The Dragon" for future reference.
      Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

CT HD, is the same directors (there brothers) as the Matrix....
        -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
        - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
        - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
        -YT

Comment

Originally posted by Garlisk
          Mainly, the flying. I can take gravity defying jumps and wallwalking, and stuff like that...thats cool...but flying..thats so "superman" superhero stuff...
          The flying symbolizes a hero in Chinese culture. We westerners have heroes that magically dodge bullets while killing 20 enemies in a small room, and we do not find that as something unusual.

CT HD, is the same directors (there brothers) as the Matrix....
          no, http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0190332/combined

Comment

The movie was ok. Something different than the stereotypes. What I didn't like was the ending. Why in every Chinese movie the heroes MUST die? I find this at least pathetic. I like Asians very much but their pessimism and melancholia is just killing me.
            I Need Training!

Comment

The flying thing is in every kung fu film ever. Westerners have trouble accepting anything which isn't explained very carefully (which is why most hollywood movies follow the exact same format) - most lack the suspension of disbelief for this kind of thing, probably because you're not used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Judge
                The movie was ok. Something different than the stereotypes. What I didn't like was the ending. Why in every Chinese movie the heroes MUST die? I find this at least pathetic. I like Asians very much but their pessimism and melancholia is just killing me.
                They're better than the happy hollywood endings in my opinion.

Comment

I didn't like this movie's feeling. It was getting long after a while, too.
                  JM

Comment

I liked it

Comment

It was excellent. Probably the best movie I saw last year.

Salsa, are you a happy panda, or a sssaaadddd panda?

Comment

Cant you see LR,

hes a squatting panda!
                        -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                        - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                        - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                        -YT

Comment

The movie itself was good...I enjoyed it...but the flying and some of the "matrix moves" seemed slower than they should have been which gave it a...cheesy feel. The fight were the i've seen. They had the camera back enough to actually see the action. I hate it when movies shove the camera in the middle of a fight and you can't tell whats happening. So that was cool.
                          Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
                          www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                            It was excellent. Probably the best movie I saw

Comment

Originally posted by Garlisk
                              The movie itself was good...I enjoyed it...but the flying and some of the "matrix moves" seemed slower than they should have been which gave it a...cheesy feel. The fight were the i've seen. They had the camera back enough to actually see the action. I hate it when movies shove the camera in the middle of a fight and you can't tell whats happening. So that was cool.
                              That's typical of the style of movie, though. The idea isn't to portray a fast-paced, tense fight scene, but one in which (at least the hero) is so skilled, s/he is able to fight in a relaxed, not-so-frantic way, making it seem as though it's not much of a challenge, so skilled is s/he.

Comment

Working...
                              X