I need a Democrat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a Democrat

I cannot make sense of the decision by Gray Davis (Governor of California) to issue driver's licenses to illegal immigrants. On the surface, of course, it looks absurd. You'd think upon identifying an illegal the individual would be immediately exported but instead the local DVM is going to grant them a license?

So I have to think the issue is more complex than a guy swimming the Rio Grand, walking into a local DVM still soaking wet and being granted a drivers license.

Perhaps someone could tell me what is really going on here? I have to wonder, can you give the guy a ticket? Where would you mail it? Typically an address is on the license so now we know where an illegal lives but we ain't gonna deport? Or is this just a case of legal migrant workers being labeled 'illegal' by the networks?
    "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Gerb, I completely agree and when I first listened to this on the news, I too was astounded that your very same question was not asked. No wonder the good people of California want Davis out. His wife commented that these people were migrant workers and were driving the same roads that their children were and they "want to know where these illegials are." So if they are dumb enough to apply for a drivers license, do they also get implanted a micro GPS unit under their skin as well?
    formerly littlek

Comment

If they're from Cuba, you have to let them stay. If they're from Mexico, they can stay if the government hasn't caught them in eight (I think) years.

Comment

I just figure it must be more complicated than that...
        Surely he isn't doing it for the votes since they cannot vote.

Unless it's just a ploy to make Repbulicans look like heavies. Even then, it seems like there would be other issues better suited for that task. I just figure I'm missing the 'big picture' here because it is so obviously stupid as to be too obvious.
        "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

All I can say is: Huh? Is that guy on crack?

Comment

I like repbulicans.

Not to make fun of you Gerb, I just thought that sounded funny.
            The only constant is change.
            (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Gerbil
              I just figure it must be more complicated than that...
              Surely he isn't doing it for the votes since they cannot vote.

Unless it's just a ploy to make Repbulicans look like heavies. Even then, it seems like there would be other issues better suited for that task. I just figure I'm missing the 'big picture' here because it is so obviously stupid as to be too obvious.
              OK, it seems I must weigh in here. Gerb, He is doing it for the votes, I know
              that illegals cannot vote but thier relatives who have already made it to california
              and have gotten thier green cards and or citizenship do vote. Probably more
              hispanics vote in california than any other racial group, and since the state
              has more hispanics/mexicans than all other states combined it is a powerful
              incentive for Davis to sign such a bill.
              All they need is a tax form from an employer and a utility bill to show residence
              and bam they get a drivers licence. The irony is that us resident californians
              must show a birth certificate and give a thumb print when first applying for a
              drivers licence here, a requirement the illegals are not required to do.
              In this era of terrorism it seems foolhardy to hand out legitimacy to an illegal
              who is not even remotely required to show who he actually is.

Comment

Working...
              X