How to get Arachnaphobia.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get Arachnaphobia.

I don't know about you guys, but spiders in TUT and Thief always gave me the heeby-jeebies.

I was always a nature kind of guy. I like to go out in the woods, and look at birds, insects, and other animals.

However, I realized the other day, that I am now deathly afraid of getting near spiders. This is new...I always thought spider were cool, I still think they are..but keep the goddammed things away from me.

I blame Thief and TUT for this Sudden-onset case of Arachnaphobia.
    Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
    www.usyetzer.com

Comment

LR , post the model download links already.

Comment

I hate spiders. I blame most of this hate on Thief and Thievery...I used to turn the volume down slightly when I'd go near spiders in either game. Not all the way, but just enough so their strange hisses wouldn't blare in my ears.

*shivers*

Comment

Whenever I see a spider these days, it seems to be at least twice as large as they used to before I played thiever. I like to catch them and show them to my little brother so he totally freaks out.

Comment

Originally posted by Stakhanov
            LR , post the model download links already.
            Chrek

Eight Legged Freaks

For these and a ton more models and skins, check out Skin City.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dragon
              I hate spiders. I blame most of this hate on Thief and Thievery...I used to turn the volume down slightly when I'd go near spiders in either game. Not all the way, but just enough so their strange hisses wouldn't blare in my ears.

*shivers*
              lol reminds me of when i turned down the sound in Thief when i was near zombeez
              This is my cool sig.

Comment

Can't say I'm afraid of spiders, but I had a rather creepy incident last night. It was asylum and I just before I spawn for the second time, I realized that the giant green spider was right behind me, waiting for me to spawn. I couldn't see it but I could hear loud and clear the freaking thing for at least 10 seconds, trying to figure out a way to save myself! My death was fast and painfull...
                I Need Training!

Comment

When I was young, we had an infestation of brown recluses in our house. FOr those of you who don't know, brown recluses are one of only two spiders in North America whose venom is dangerous to humans, and they make the other species, the black widow, look meek and helpless by comparison. It was unnerving enough to find a couple of these in my bedroom, but waking up one morning with one crawling across my chest was truly freaky.

I have some pics of the progression of a brown recluse bite at home. I'll post them if anyone's interested, but only as links, because the later ones are quite disgusting.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                      It was unnerving enough to find a couple of these in my bedroom, but waking up one morning with one crawling across my chest was truly freaky.

I have some pics of the progression of a brown recluse bite at home. I'll post them if anyone's interested, but only as links, because the later ones are quite disgusting.

I dont think it should go unsaid that you are lucky to be alive.

Probably the worst way to expire.
                      Never let LaughingRat shave your testicles with a rusty serrated knife.

Comment

Originally posted by TED NUGENT
                        I dont think it should go unsaid that you are lucky to be alive.

Probably the worst way to expire.
                        My understanding is that brown recluse bites can be treated, but treatment usually involves cutting away the affected flesh as soon as possible, as it quickly goes necrotic, and the gangrene spreads from there. As it was, my reaction on waking was to smach the thing that was actually quite peacefully making it's way across me, well before it even had a chance to do anything.

Comment

I dont mind spiders... but wasps...ooooh god, wasps are the bane of my existance!
                          -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                          - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                          - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                          -YT

Comment

You played EQ, then, FixXxer?

EDIT: Darkbill? Wth was I thinking...sorry
                            Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
                            www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Garlisk, I HATE spiders too, you should know, they have they eyes....and there paws... IEW!

(that means that if you want to make me scared, put spiders evrywhere and put the spider man movie on the t.v.)
                              Good bye!
                              Aurevoir!

leaving

Comment

Working...
                              X