What if time traveling is possible...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if time traveling is possible...

Just found a site here. Have you ever heard about 'John Titor'? He claimed to be a time traveler from 2036, and started posting in some communities back in 1999 - where he gave away pics of his timemachine, hints about what that was going to happen in the future etc. After 4 months he said he had to travel 'back' to the future, and thus disappeared.

Of course, I'm not stupid, it is bullshit. But still I think it's an interesting read (cause I am a "sci-fi" fan). He did give clues about 9/11, and he's talking about a civil war in the US in 2004 - that ends in a short WIII that will kill 3 billion people.

http://www.johntitor.com/

Mr. Titors last words: What amazes me is why no one here wonders why Y2K didn't hit them at all? . Heh, reminds me of another famous predictor.

Interesting and fairly frightening.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

That kinda made me think of Nostradamus. You give people very vague information and due to man's instinct to form connections they interpret them as predictions.

We'll see. 2004 is not that far away. I find it interesting to keep track on these so called foreseeers of the future.

Comment

Time travel cannot be achieved.
        I Need Training!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Judge
          Time travel cannot be achieved.
          I think it can be, but not in the way people see it.

Timetraveling to the future should be pretty easy, the only thing you'd have to do is travel faster than the speed of light, then everything around you will age much faster than you, or you age slower, depending from the point of view.

Travelling to the past is possible yet impossible I think. My theory is that when you travel back in time, instead of going back on the timeline (like rewinding a tape) you create a different timeline. One that branches off from your current timeline and goes back (same applies to future timetravel, but offcourse then theres no real problem). That would explain why if there would be timetravelers in the future, our current timeline isn't teeming with them. You'd say a few of those travelers would go sightseeing in the past to say the least.

I think mr. Titor is a scam. Yet a smart one. He obviously knows alot about physics, even though he claims he doesn't. That picture could've been taken from anywhere, it probably is just a blueprint for some scientific equipment used in particle acceleration experiments or something.

Comment

I agree with Virus, John Titor is a blatent joke, but that guy seems pretty well informed, and he develops his ideas about the future quite well.
            JM

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-

Timetraveling to the future should be pretty easy, the only thing you'd have to do is travel faster than the speed of light,
              Jee, if it were only that easy...

No, seriously. You don't go faster then light, ou have to go almost as fast as light.

Comment

I really dont think time travel is possible, but as virus said, you may be able to 'cheat' time. Since time itself doesnt really exsist, it is a man made thing, but If you where to travel at a speed as fast or nearly as fast as light, and survive such a G force that would come with it, that you would surley age slower, or not age at all while everyone else aged.

Example. You travel to, say Jupiter, but had the technoligy to travel there at just under the speed of light. Your friends and family watch as your ship takes off and all that, then when in orbit you prepare for that incredable speed. In this day and age, it would take up to 50 years to travel to jupiter. With this 'fabled' example you have the ablity to travel there in a few seconds, what happens in those few seconds? what happens to your friends and family that watched you leave? are they still stood there, watching a little dot that is you in the sky?

Ah anyway, whatever. This John Titor guy really captures my imagination, he is most likley a scam, but very intelligent. He's out there somewhere... laughing it up as we speak.

Whos seen 'Event Horizon' Now thats a good film that messes with space and time! it messes with ya' head too. :grin:
                -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                -YT

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary
                  Originally posted by -=V12US=-

Timetraveling to the future should be pretty easy, the only thing you'd have to do is travel faster than the speed of light,
                  Jee, if it were only that easy...

No, seriously. You don't go faster then light, ou have to go almost as fast as light.
                  I ment pretty easy compared to traveling to the past.

Comment

Time travel theory is silly. It is fun for children's stories and all that but the idea that time stands still based on your speed is ludicrious.

Also, I believe the speed of light has been deteriorating -- or slowing down since creation. I don't believe the speed of light is an absolute so one could go faster than the speed of light.

Time travel is goofy and largely the fantasy of those who fear eternity.
                    "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

The speed of light theory is the only one that really makes any kind of sense to me. And, while we're advancing technology fast, somehow I don't see us reaching time travel in so short a time, especially if we're going to fight a war. Of course, wars do bring major advances in tech...but still, I'm not seeing it.
                      Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
                      www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Anyway. If this time traveller WAS real, why did he come after 2000, and before 9/11?

Why didnt he travel back to when Osama was masterminding his plans and stop him? surley thats a greater cause than just to come back and yap on about the IBM 5100 series, is it not? Or while those letters of anthrax where being delivered?

Why didnt he stop the British weapons inspector from hanging himself because he knew something that could have meant WW3? Or that British intelligence had 'vamped' up the facts in order to justify the war with Iraq?
                        -YT

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Gerbil
                          Time travel theory is silly. It is fun for children's stories and all that but the idea that time stands still based on your speed is ludicrious.
                          All I can say; People thought it was impossible to fly in the early 1800's, and people thought it was impossible to land on the moon in 1930's. There's a lot of things we think is impossible to do the day today, but we have no proof for nor against it.

Speaking of speed of light. Imagine this. The human has created a space craft that's capable of traveling in the speed of light. Now, let's say that space craft was really huge, and it could fit some sort of a jet plane. If this jet plane flew as fast as it could, inside the craft going at speed of light, wouldn't that make the jet plane going faster than speed of light? Wouldn't it breake the 'magic boarder'?

Things like this is really interesting, since we know so little about it.

Comment

Originally posted by mOdEtWo
                            Speaking of speed of light. Imagine this. The human has created a space craft that's capable of traveling in the speed of light. Now, let's say that space craft was really huge, and it could fit some sort of a jet plane. If this jet plane flew as fast as it could, inside the craft going at speed of light, wouldn't that make the jet plane going faster than speed of light? Wouldn't it breake the 'magic boarder'?
                            Surley the aircraft inside the spaceship would be crushed up against the back wall of the craft? Imagine when your in an elevater... you can feel it when it moves up, If it was moving up at the speed of light, you would be squished against the floor, unless you where traveling at the same speed indipenditley, or faster.
                            -YT

Comment

I ment pretty easy compared to traveling to the past.
                              I meant that FASTER then light travel isn't easy. I'd call it impossible.

Almost-light-travel is possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X