One hit human kills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One hit human kills?

Ok, this is going in the discussion board, and not the suggestion boards, because I want to discuss it, not suggest it...thank you!

First off, I always considered the assassin/DMer route a valid way of winning, so right there I have 50% of the community disagreeing with this idea. But, Ill continue all the same.

The idea is, that it would be possible to kill a human guard with a single bow shot to the back of the head. Anything below the neck doesn't count, and nothing in front counts. Just the back of the head.

Now, we all know that aiming is fairly hard in TUT. People jump around, keep their backs to walls, and generally protect themselves well. The idea here is that someone with good archery skills can use them and get better results than any old average archer that can hit a guard.

At the same time, the only reason that makes one hit kills with the BJ ok is the fact that the thief is really risking his life by being so close to a guard. So, even with such a small target, the ranged one hit kill is probably overpowered.

At the same time, I'd like to see a guard take more damage to the back of the head...maybe 75.

I think the same thing for guards. A hit to the back of the head on a thief should do more damage.

Thoughts?
    Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
    www.usyetzer.com

Yeah, I think that a one hit kill would be way too overpowered for the reasons you mentioned (The blackjack puts the thief in danger, this does not). But I could see it doing more damage. It already does more damage in the back, but I think it might be cool for it to be slightly more powerful when shot in the back of the head. And if guards got the same bonus...

Maybe.

Comment

I'm just saying I'd like to see more skill involved in TUT archery, and a bonus for using that skill, even if it is small.
      www.usyetzer.com

Comment

no
        This is my cool sig.

Comment

At least give me a reason why not.
          www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Because then I could plug AIs that were alerted by the stupid taffers running by them, just as easily as if the taffers didn't make them go "Did I hear something? I guees it's nothing."

Comment

Not really...it would still take 2 shots to kill em...

and after the first one, they'll be moving around.
              www.usyetzer.com

Comment

no
                On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

I thought about this some more, and I still like the idea of a good shot being rewarded, but...

It's easy enough to DM as things are. So I'm gonna change my "Maybe" to "No."

Comment

You guys are right. Instead, what we need to do is LOWER the normal hit, and leave GOOD shots what they currently are...effectively reducing DMing unless you truly are skilled enough to do it.

Edit: DMing by way of the bow, I mean.

Edit #2: And if that happened, I'd want headshot from any angle to do more damage (what was previously normal).
                    www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Oooh, now I like that idea!

Makes it so the noobs who want to shoot you in the face at point blank range aren't as dangerous, but the skilled rooftop snipers are! Saves dming for the really hardcore assassins, you know?

Now you have a good idea, Garlisk.

Comment

Lets see what others have to say about it...

But I'd still like to 1 hit unalert AI in the back...we're just talking Alert AI and Humans.
                        www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Yes, I know.

Comment

The 1 hit thing already exsists! does it not?

Nevermind, I like the new idea better. n1 G'
                            -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                            - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                            - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                            -YT

Comment

For the records, the "One hit kills" thing was just to be controversial and get peeps in here. Thats called "advertising." Once I get em in, I explain that wasn't quite as far as I wanted to go.
                              www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Working...
                              X