No announcement yet.

Anyone here affected by the hurricane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here affected by the hurricane?

I read in the newspaper today that over 100,000 people in USA had to leave their homes, cause of a big hurricane named Isabel. It is dangerous (or will become) at the coast in North Carolina and Virgina.

So, are any of you affected by this? The newspaper stated that over 50 million people live in the area.

Nah, in the UK we have n00b weather.
    -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
    - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
    - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
    -YT

Comment

You obviously weren't on the South coast on October the 16th 1987.
      I'm cool!

Comment

I hope everyone is ok.

I've never seen a hurricane except on the movies that is. How is a hurricane?
        I Need Training!

Comment

Hurricanes are nasty Judge. We here in PA are expected to get lots of rain, and fairly high winds, but not the kind of damage of the full hurricane.
          Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
          www.usyetzer.com

Comment

The small hurricane we had in Quebec was violent enough. When you realize that my grandpa's huge boat went flying into the air... wasn't nothing. Also, we had uber rain during 3 days.
            JM

Comment

Worse thing we get over here is flooding. But that doesnt even effect me as I dont live near any rivers. 8)
              -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
              - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
              - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
              -YT

Comment

Bah! Norway's weather makes the surface of Pluto seem like an interesting place.
                To get killed in action is better to never ever have any action, that's what my granny used to say.
                ]V[]V[

Comment

Although I currently do not, the rest of my family is in the Baltimore, MD area. The winds are of some concern, but not as much as it is in Carolina. The real concern is flooding. An unusually high amount of rain this yearhas left the water table very high. Both of my parents have had to deal with small sink holes this year as a result. With water table as high as it currently is, when rain comes, it tends to sit there for bit. Of course, much rain is expected.
                  Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
                  Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

We're expecting some needed rain from it, but not much else(it has to cross the states and over Lake Ontario before it gets here).

LeatherMan lives in NC, so I hope everything turns out alright.
                    Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

meh, texas has already been threatened by two hurricanes and one tropical storm (a hurricane that isn't quite big enough to be called a hurricane yet) - one hurricane and the storm hit us here. same old, same old.
                      I'm not so bad... Once you get to know me.

Comment

F i x x x e r, do you actually read anything anyone writes on here or just say stuff? Unless you're very tiny you should remember the big fuck-off hurricane that hit the south coast in 1987. It doesn't compare to the one that's about to hit our unfortunate pals across the sea, but a fair few people died and quite a few houses were wrecked (the chimney of my house ended up in a crater in the middle of my front lawn, which was fun).
                        I'm cool!

Comment

Originally posted by !eduDageM
                          (the chimney of my house ended up in a crater in the middle of my front lawn, which was fun).
                          Hey, at least it didn't end up in a crater in the middle of someone's forehead.

Last I'd heard on Isabel, it'd been downgraded to a force 4 hurricane (it had been force 5, I think), with windspeeds dropping from 150 mph to 120. With any luck, it'll drop more before it actually hits the coast tomorrow sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by mOdEtWo
                            I read in the newspaper today that over 100,000 people in USA had to leave their homes, cause of a big hurricane named Isabel. It is dangerous (or will become) at the coast in North Carolina and Virgina.

So, are any of you affected by this? The newspaper stated that over 50 million people live in the area.

If the people leave their homes, I think nobody will sit on the PC and write it in the Tut forums or I'm wrong?

I'm not affected....
                            "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

Fortunately it will not affect my area much. I live a few hours inland from where Isabel will hit and the path it is on will keep her far away. We are expecting high winds and some rain tomorrow, but nothing major.

My wife, OTOH, is heading to New Jersey on Friday, which means she will be following/passing through Isabel. I'm sure the trip will be cancelled if the weather is too bad, though.
                              No Linux, No Choice.
                              Know Linux, Know Choice.

Comment

Working...
                              X