laws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laws

i'm doing this project for law rights. i need some help i want my project to be ridiculas and stupid so if there are any laws you know that are rediculas and stupid can you tell me. oh yeah and i need an example of the laws as well. for instince like say some guy got caught walking down the road naked or somthing like that. try to make the laws interesting, a real eye opener. thanks for your time i hope i get some good laws that are funny and stupid.
    I have sex with my hand!

I dont know much about law, only the general stuff.

I know that TREASON is the ONLY law left in the UK that people can be hanged for, although the circumstances are very extreme, it still exsists.

Thats all I got. Sorry.
    -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
    - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
    - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
    -YT

Comment

Not sure which states it applies to, but I know in several states, if you're going to execute someone by lethal injection, you still have to sterilize the needle with alcohol.

Comment

http://www.dumblaws.com/
        Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

I got a book of them

for one, it's illegal to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole in Atlanta Georgia.
          And in 1896 it was illega lfor a person not to go to church on sunday without a loaded gun in Texas. (this one was recalled after 4 months)
          And it's illegal to enter Metropolis, Illinois if you are a monster.

I have to find that book somewhere.
          "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

I believe there's a US federal statue that prohibits citizens from having contact with extraterrestrials, too.

Swamp gas my ass.

Comment

"No man is permitted to be in a state of sexual arousal while in public."
              The only constant is change.
              (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

There used to be a law in Tasmania, Australia, that men could not wear womens clothing on sundays.

(i think)

Comment

Oh I used to have a link to a website dedicated to such laws, let me find it for you...

Laws you will find most ammusing are those which really only applied hundreds of years ago, yet were not rewritten to be applicable in present times (or removed altogether). For instance, conducting a sexual act with an animal on holy days (don't quote me on that though) etc etc. :wink:

Edit: Having said this, the site I was referring to was that posted by Salvage.

Comment

Originally posted by impulse
                    ...conducting a sexual act with an animal on holy days...
                    You mean that is illegal?

Comment

Originally posted by Yenzarill
                      Originally posted by impulse
                      ...conducting a sexual act with an animal on holy days...
                      You mean that is illegal?
                      Yes, and boy are you in trouble now....

Comment

In South Carolina, those under the age of eighteen are prohibited from using pinball machines...
                        It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

It's illegal on pennsylvania for 16 women to live together, but up to 120 men can.
                          In the same state, it's illegal for a person to sing in the bathtub.

Aslo, nobody can walk backwards eating peanuts in front of the Barnstormers Auditorium during a performance in Ridley park, and it's unlawful for a person to sleep on a refrigerator in Pittsburg.
                          "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

It is illegal to kill yourself in Texas.

(You think I'm joking, don't you? Go look it up!)

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard
                              It is illegal to kill yourself in Texas.

(You think I'm joking, don't you? Go look it up!)
                              I knew about that one. Kind of scares you suicidal people eh? I mean, they could lock up your body in a cell or something once you're dead instead of a coffin buried in a hole in the ground!

I bet it probably has some legal purposes, as to do with your family, money, possessions, etc.
                              The only constant is change.
                              (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Working...
                              X