Wow, running sucks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, running sucks.

Got home from a cross-country meet about an hour ago. The pain is starting to go away now. I guess having a cold, sore knee, and not doing any running for a week is a bad thing. The cramp I got that disabled my ability to move for the last kilometre probably didn't help either. Or the fact that the race was twice as long as any race I've ever ran in my life.

I was doing decent for the most part of the race, but for the last couple kilometres I got the worst cramp I've ever had in my life and got passed by about 20 people.

Now that I've finished whining, what I really wanted to know is, does anyone else do any running here?
    The only constant is change.
    (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

OK, to borrow a phrase:

"Who cares?"

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
      OK, to borrow a phrase:

"Who cares?"
      The question, the QUESTION!

Comment

i would say, this is what friends are for, go tell them!
        "It is truly a shame that the guards must be kept from the very tools of thier proffesion, but such blatant misuse of gas arrows cannot be tolerated. Alas, that poor burrick..."

Comment

Yeah, when I was training for the army I used to run 1 - 2 miles in the morning. Eventually I scrapped that and didnt want the army as a career. After a year or so I got a bit consious about my health (nope, I wasnt fat I have great metabalism), after running to the shop one day and REALLY feeling it... I thought, I could do some training again.

So, I go to something called 'circuit training' where I do running, weights, skipping, press ups, pull ups, use a punching bag and do stretching exersises, etc. To opitmise my workout I eat 15 minutes after my training, to be sure it doesnt turn strait back into fat, and I dont drink at all during the training, until afterwards where I will drink 2 - 3 pints of water over a 30 - 45 minute period. In addition to that I also used to go to a trampalining class, which improves balance, and agility, but only slightly.

When I train. I take it seriously.
          -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
          - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
          - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
          -YT

Comment

Originally posted by FixXxeR
            Yeah, when I was training for the army I used to run 1 - 2 miles in the morning. Eventually I scrapped that and didnt want the army as a career. After a year or so I got a bit consious about my health (nope, I wasnt fat I have great metabalism), after running to the shop one day and REALLY feeling it... I thought, I could do some training again.

So, I go to something called 'circuit training' where I do running, weights, skipping, press ups, pull ups, use a punching bag and do stretching exersises, etc. To opitmise my workout I eat 15 minutes after my training, to be sure it doesnt turn strait back into fat, and I dont drink at all during the training, until afterwards where I will drink 2 - 3 pints of water over a 30 - 45 minute period. In addition to that I also used to go to a trampalining class, which improves balance, and agility, but only slightly.

When I train. I take it seriously.
            THANKS FIXXER.

That's what I wanted to know. I'm trying to think up ways to get myself to train routinely.

Oh, and Timmy? SHUT UP.

Comment

Originally posted by Thief13x
              Should i say it?

nah, i'm feeling too nice.
              "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Originally posted by Thief13x
                We could have said that about your "girlfriend" who you pay $75/hour to be with when you posted that, too, you know.

Originally posted by Radamanthus
                Should i say it?
                nah, i'm feeling too nice.
                I'm not.

Comment

Originally posted by CrouchingDork
                  THANKS FIXXER.
                  No no mate, you spelled it all wrong. It's FixXxer. Three x's, not two. Sheesh. :roll:

Oh, and Dork? Hope tomorrow goes better for you.

Comment

yeah i know how you feel CD, i just started cross country for the first time last month and it hurts, not only that but my year younger bro and 2 year younger sis beat my times by almost 5 min (my sis was ranked 8th (or something in top ten) in all-state private school cross country last year and my bro plays alot of soccer so he's always in shape). had a meet yesterday and i was too tired to post about it but it was great fun althought i wish it had started to rain during the meet, not after. one of the only reasons i stay with it is because of this pretty gurl...
                    This is my cool sig.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dragon
                      THANKS FIXXER.
                      No no mate, you spelled it all wrong. It's FixXxer. Three x's, not two. Sheesh. :roll:
                      Do you even know what that's from? Besides, it USED to be Fixxer.

And Dan, that's one of the reasons for me too.

Comment

Ah, I don't need to run, I just play DDR.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dragon
                          THANKS FIXXER.
                          Do you even know what that's from? Besides, it USED to be Fixxer.

And Dan, that's one of the reasons for me too.
                          HAY, no it didnt..... ive always been FixxxeR then it was FixXxeR then F!xXxeR (yeah, minor changes, but always 3 x's)

"...So tell me can you see what fathers done, fixed this hole in a mothers son...."
                          -YT

Comment

"So tell me, can you heal what father's done? Or fix this hole, in a mother's son?"

You little mummy's boy, Fixxxer.
                            Nightmaster,
                            .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                            - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Yeah... I'm a bit out of touch.

Anyway, back to topic. I like to train for fun, not for cross country... I've been there and done that in school and it sucks. Even more so when your running in shorts and a tee-shirt... IN THE SNOW... and your teachers stood there in a huge jacket shouting "C'mon you pussys, put in that effort for the extra mile!!"

*fixxxer yabs on a little longer.... then is KO'ed by someone*

:grin:
                              -YT

Comment

Working...
                              X