Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXCLUSIVE - Laughing Rat on fire!

Please be patient while the pics load

It was a night full of action on the 1st day of testing of the new CTG Server. A lot of people droped by.
    Sometime around a map transition the all-seeing-eye LaughingRat made his appeareance. Being a test server LR sugested that the players could trash stuff to force a crash. Seeing that all the player atempts had failed LR decided to do some crazy stuff by himself. Calling his ubber admin powers he begam killing all the servant staff. Not really much of a big deal, Gerome was already dead and Kevel was already cold near the fire.
    Finally LR decided to apply the ultimate crash plan. And thus this sole reporter on the spot got the oportunity to witness what even Mad_Gerbil on his most wicked dreams would have not seen LR ON FIRE! Of course that being I imediatley pressed the f9 key so I actually didnt saw much cause I kept having that precaching screen.
    No more needs to be said, enjoy the pics they will be up for a month then I will change the host (if i remember to).

Hey I actually enjoyed posting these pics, maybe I should sign up for TURF as a reporter
    Feel the power of the

Cool, looks like I missed out on some fun there.... damn timezones.
    -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
    - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
    - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
    -YT

Comment

We were in Flats before that map, I mentioned about breaking glass, LR laughed and agreed. So, it went from there. I have never seen a guard light up like LR did. God the lag was amazing as well. LOTS of fire. LOTS of lag, but, no crashes.

Antero, yes you can be appointed reporter for TUT. :grin:

Comment

Heheh. I should point out that that much flame and dynamic lighting DESTROYS framerates. My machine, which runs at a steady 85 fps in the library on Gerome, dropped to single digit framerates during that episode, and you can see Grank complaining about lag in one of those screenshots (actually two, but it's the same comment caught in two shots).

On a brighter note (no pun intended), even the most vigorous of chopping at the furniture and causing fragments to spawn didn't crash the server. What normally causes a crash outright on the other server doesn't phase this one for a moment, apparently.

Comment

Antero, avoid the "precaching" screen by rebinding you screenshot key to be
          SHOT instead of SSHOT

Comment

you can skip that screen? dude.
            "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Originally posted by TemperMental
              Antero, avoid the "precaching" screen by rebinding you screenshot key to be
              SHOT instead of SSHOT
              Are there any diferences?
              Feel the power of the

Comment

Yeah,sometimes when I was bored, I would go around a lvl in god mode and do stupid stuff.This includes running into fireplaces until you're a human fireball. But like LR said,its a real FPS killer.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Fox
                  Yeah,sometimes when I was bored, I would go around a lvl in god mode and do stupid stuff.This includes running into fireplaces until you're a human fireball. But like LR said,its a real FPS killer.
                  It's even more fun if you get all the AI in the same room and run around lighting them, too. It's like watching a slide show, then.

Comment

Working...
                  X