DMing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Dan
    I always seem to get slashed whenever I take on a blinded guard in melee (ie. Blackjack, I don't buy a sword) , you'd prolly be better off sniping a blinded guard.
    Not Cythe. He's a MADMAN when he's been flashed....

Comment

Black Cat Games
      ThieveryUT
      Alien Swarm

Comment

I've rarely been flashed/cracked and subsequently kod. I become a mad slasher, and often will target the thief the instant they become the teeniest bit visible before they realise I can see, or continue acting crazy to lure them into a false sense of security before I nail them. In fact I think my life expectancy increases once I a) know a thief is around but b) don't have a clue where they are and have to slash crazily, and c) they're coming after me to try and take advantage of my 'incapacity'. On the other hand, when I know there's a thief somewhere in front of me and can see just fine, but they are in shadow, I'm potentially in trouble. In fact if I know they're in front of me and they are fully visible, facing the opposite direction and I'm charging straight at them but they have a blackjack out then I'm still potentially in trouble (yeah I'm talkin bout you Yenz! ).
        {CTG} Softy Guildmaster
        Contact details updated
        I want more than 255 characters in this sig dammit!

Comment

I always try to know my surroundings and orientation well enough to back into a corner when im flashed.
          *Leader of the 56k rebellion*
          *Slowing down cable and DSL users, everywhere*

LikitaRenn:"I wanna be added to as many people's sigs as will add me to... their.. sigs.. um.. something..."

Comment

Yeah I love being a blackjack whore. Most guards I can KO even if they
            ve spotted me in full light blah blah.... practice is all it takes. :grin:

Alternatively, a guard can practice killing a thief that tries to charge / circlestrafe them. Experienced guards (especially those with a better ping) are damn near impossible to KO if they know what you're doing. Parabolts are the best way to stop a thief that runs at you.

The way I see it the game is pretty well balanced AS IS. The only thing I would do is change the radius that you can BJ a guard from 180 to a bit less, so a guard against a wall is safe, and that you cannot KO while leaning. That is all.

If you find yourself being blackjacked a lot, grab a friend and practice it. Get them to charge at you and try and blackjack you.

Comment

The reason why I include one (1) flashbomb in my swordthief loadout is not for the means of DM-ing. I will actually use it to escape when I'm up against a superior human guard.

It's quite easy to flash your opponent when he's breathing in your face, trying to stab you like mad.

Comment

Nuclear whines about spawn rape :lol: :lol: :lol:
                How TuF are you?
                League of Legends
                Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

Yet online we see DMers who still think they're equals to guards , so they aren't afraid of them really. It's frustrating for the guards
                  Its frustrating for the Thieves too when a load of war-mongering counter-strike thieves have used up all the lives with their stupid deathmatch tactics!

I have nothing against the BJ KO-and I find a totally unexpected KO on a Guard who has rushed past me without seeing me is extremely satisfying.

I personally don't want to see the BJ nerfed in the next patch because I don't want the game to go back to the state of affairs it was in in v1.1 where practically every game was ending in a "Guards-win" and the Guards were extremely too over-powered.

Not just that,but a BJ KO under laggy conditions can be extremely difficult-theres been many a time when a Guard has been literally standing perfectly still with his back to me in the shadows and what should have rightfully been a BJ KO has been messed up by lag,resulting in my death.

However,something DOES need to be done to eliminate broad daylight frontal KO's which just suck beyond belief.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob FILTH
                    Yet online we see DMers who still think they're equals to guards , so they aren't afraid of them really. It's frustrating for the guards
                    Its frustrating for the Thieves too when a load of war-mongering counter-strike thieves have used up all the lives with their stupid deathmatch tactics!

I have nothing against the BJ KO-and I find a totally unexpected KO on a Guard who has rushed past me without seeing me is extremely satisfying.

I personally don't want to see the BJ nerfed in the next patch because I don't want the game to go back to the state of affairs it was in in v1.1 where practically every game was ending in a "Guards-win" and the Guards were extremely too over-powered.

Not just that,but a BJ KO under laggy conditions can be extremely difficult-theres been many a time when a Guard has been literally standing perfectly still with his back to me in the shadows and what should have rightfully been a BJ KO has been messed up by lag,resulting in my death.

However,something DOES need to be done to eliminate broad daylight frontal KO's which just suck beyond belief.
                    You mean v1.0

V1.1 was extremely thief friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                      Originally posted by The_Dan
                      I always seem to get slashed whenever I take on a blinded guard in melee (ie. Blackjack, I don't buy a sword) , you'd prolly be better off sniping a blinded guard.
                      Well, I think it's quite funny to see a disciplined guard turn into a über jumper and butter slasher as I leave for a shadow.
                      JM

Comment

Originally posted by Cythe
                        No kidding. Damn, several times on DE I've been like...

[T]SNAFU:Hey guys! Stay outta the guard house! Cythe is there!
                        [T]SNAFU:Oh no! He's moving! He's Northbound! Stay away from that maniac!
                        [T]SNAFU:OMG! He's in the SAME FRICKIN' ROOM as ME! Can he smell me? Did I SMELL bad, guys?!
                        SNAFU: Please don't kill me Cythe!
                        TCO – Retired
                        Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

Comment

Originally posted by Lurox
                          Well, I think it's quite funny to see a disciplined guard turn into a über jumper and butter slasher as I leave for a shadow.
                          Yeah, but you're not KOing him, which is the point.

Comment

Spinning, jumping guards are the easiest to KO.
                            Guards that know where they are and their surroundings are hards since they have *some* control of the situation, and so can keep a theif at bay until sight returns.... i jsut luv dem clowns (spinning guards) give em a flash they do tricks.... :lol:
                            How TuF are you?
                            League of Legends
                            Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

SOme of them resemble dogs too....

OOOOO! LOOKY A THEIF JUMPING AROUND IN LIGHT! QUICK FETCH BOY!

*BONK*
                              WTF?!?!

idiots.
                              ~TuF~

Comment

LMAO that is so true...... cant wait to team up with Garlisk again
                                How TuF are you?
                                League of Legends
                                Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

Working...
                                X