Costumes of a Higher Caliber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Costumes of a Higher Caliber

I saw Tempermentals image he found of the costume, and it made me think of the costume company I have had the pleasure of dealing with first hand. Wanted to tell you about my experience with them. But first, how it came to be.

It all started back late April, our local Renaissance Faire was going on here, I decided to go, glad I did, I had a freakin ball. Love going to that Faire. Some of you have probably gone to one of these, if you haven't, if you love Thief and Thievery. Go for the hell of it someday.

You see all sorts of shops, offering their wares for sale, pictures, chain maille shop, (I spent some time in that shop too) palm readers, candle shop, another costume feather head dress shop, pictures, you need pictures to decorate your wall with! Armour shop, every taffer needs armour in one form or another. I bought some goodies from there.
    Food, we must have food, how about steak on a stick! Yummy, ohh need an ale or two, to wash it down with. Ohh must catch the local turtle race, heavy betting is on #3. Champion for the past 3 years and slow running. Ohh there is the local parade coming by, you see all sorts of costumes, Kings, Knights, Queens, lady in waiting, servants, peasants, fairies, merchants. All kinds of people dressed for the occasion. As I watched, I wished for a costume of my own. I have for the past few years, have seen and looked at various places. The usual stuff really. I crossed a bridge as I strolled along, I turned a corner, and there I saw this *huge* costume place called http://www.pendragoncostumes.com/

I walked in there, ooohhh, I began to get exicted at what I saw. I spent over an hour, probably more in there. It was WONDERFUL. To try on the costumes, oooh man, you can almost get into character, feel what it must of been like back then. The fabrics, the leather, the trim they used, high quality all the way. I was almost drooling at what I saw.
    I talked to this really cool girl there, she was helping, I told her what I wanted. I don't want your typical dress, I pointed to the rack, of gorgeous dresses, it wasn't me, it just wasn't me. Though they were wonderful to look at. Ohhh, you want a Thief Rogue outfit. :-o Yes! Kinda sultry, kinda sexy maybe? ohhh yeah. Heh. I did look at this beauty, oohhhhhhh, http://www.pendragoncostumes.com/Mer...Code=sea_queen Bit too rich for my blood really. Damn fine stuff here.
    I did end up trying on some bodices, how the hell you breath in those things, is beyond me. You get used to it she said. Ohh really. Damn, you see those girls with the clevage popping out, no wonder. Gawd. So far this is my choice for my bodice, http://www.pendragoncostumes.com/Mer...ry_Code=dagger
    There are so many to choose from, all tooled nicely, love them all really. This will be a Xmas present to myself this year.
    I did order a chemise, to go under the bodice. Trim is imported from France, I got the last of it, it can't be ordered anymore, pearls on the sleeves. *whew* These costumes are meant to last a life time with proper care. Here is what I actually bought for the chemise.

I have velvet black tights to wear, hah, with a bit more to the tights, hah, with my black boots. Hhhmmm, I shall hit the Faire next year, and parties after that wearing my new outfit.

Cool site BA!
    -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
    - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
    - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
    -YT

Comment

Ah the most nostaglic Thievery related experience I ever had was in France when visiting all the medieval towns and castles. Every day they would run jousting contests and the like where even the public (with suitable attire) were welcome to join in.

There were many hundreds of stalls scattered throughout the grounds of these castles, selling such items as maces (yes!), swords, daggers, armour (breastplates and chainmail), medieval attire, shoes etc. They also had banquets prepared for all those willing to pay. Costumes would be supplied, and having finished your meal you were encouraged to participate in folk dancing. It was great fun, especially dancing with complete strangers (hawt maids) who barely spoke a word of english.

I spent almost a week working my way through the castle and I still didn't manage to see and do everything. The french family I stayed with had trouble getting me back on the place back to Australia having visited these castles.

Comment

I have a gimp suit I wear when I'm out stealing children.
        I'm cool!

Comment

Originally posted by !eduDageM
          I have a gimp suit I wear when I'm out stealing children.
          I become a woman after 7pm..... OH wait.. this isnt the 'transvestites annoymous' forums?!! oops.
          -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
          - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
          - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
          -YT

Comment

F i x X x e r..........you lied to me!!! Damnit, ok, put's her pimpin suit, and false beard.

Comment

DUDE!!! THANKS BA!!!

I'm a great fan of the renaissance period, but i'v never found any shop that sells really spectacular recreated clothing.

BTW, i collect swords. When you walked in did they happen to have any? the acessories page still isn't working on the site.
              "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Radamanthus....glad I could help. :grin: Trust me when I say, this place *r0xs* Best stuff, prices are reasonable for what your getting. Attention to detail, the fabrics, choice of colors. Top notch. Seeing it all in person sold it to me that much more.
                As for swords, can get back with on it.

Comment

I already have a cool sword, and an axe!!!
                  I could send pics one day... oh well. Great stuff, BrokenArts.
                  JM

Comment

Originally posted by Radamanthus
                    DUDE!!! THANKS BA!!!

I'm a great fan of the renaissance period, but i'v never found any shop that sells really spectacular recreated clothing.

BTW, i collect swords. When you walked in did they happen to have any? the acessories page still isn't working on the site.
                    Well, then you'll love this:

315$ USD For a broken sword

Comment

I'm in, like, online heaven right now....

ahhh...
                      "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

YAY! Great site BrokenArts!

/you now see a little girl happy/
                        Good bye!
                        Aurevoir!

leaving

Comment

Word. check out those fistblades! Thatks for the SWEET sites, dudes!

cant wait until my brother pays me back!!!!!

Comment

BA: That castle I mentioned in-game the other night was Mont Saint Michel..

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/mont-saint-michel/

Click on "Galerie D'Images" to see some more images of the castle...

Comment

i visited this abbay.

Actually monks are still living there.

The architecture is awsome as well as the view from the upper gardens.
                              ------

------"

Comment

Working...
                              X